Sunday, May 24, 2026
42.1 C
New Delhi

Bangladesh Backs Down After IPL Controversy, Reaches Out To BCCI After Mustafizur Fallout

Bangladesh cricket team had previously refused to participate in its 2026 T20 World Cup matches in India, citing security concerns. In a shift of stance, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has now indicated a willingness to mend ties with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). This change comes under the administration of Bangladesh’s new government, led by Prime Minister Tariq Rahman.

According to a report by Dainik Jagran, BCB has sent a formal letter to BCCI, stressing the importance of strengthening cricketing relations between the two nations. The letter reportedly requests the reconsideration of Bangladesh’s six-match white-ball tour, initially slated for August last year, which was later rescheduled for September 2026.

Asia Cup 2027 In Bangladesh?

Bangladesh is set to host Asia Cup in 2027. However, with India’s potential reluctance to travel to Bangladesh, there are talks of shifting the tournament to neutral venues like Sri Lanka or Dubai. Such a move could result in big financial implications for Bangladesh.

As of now, neither BCCI nor BCB has issued an official statement regarding the rescheduled series or the Asia Cup situation. The postponed IND vs BAN series, now set for September 2026, is expected to feature three One Day Internationals (ODIs) and three T20 International matches.

The Mustafizur Rahman Dispute

The friction between India and Bangladesh can be traced back to Mustafizur Rahman. Kolkata Knight Riders had acquired the Bangladeshi pacer for ₹9.20 crore during the IPL 2026 auction. Following directives from BCCI, KKR released Mustafizur, which triggered the dispute and ultimately led to Bangladesh declining to play its T20 World Cup fixtures in India.

Also on ABP Live | Yuvraj Singh Explains Commentary Snub: ‘Don’t Want To Sit With People Who Passed Personal Remarks’

Also on ABP Live | Lalit Modi Erupts After Goenka-Pant IPL Video Goes Viral: ‘Would Have Banned Him Immediately’

Go to Source

Hot this week

UK teen rape victim says judge’s ruling felt ‘like a rock in my face’ after three boys spared jail

UK teen rape victim criticises judge’s decision after three boys spared jail. Read More

France bans far-right Israeli minister Ben-Gvir after Gaza flotilla video sparks outrage

The Israeli minister shared videos allegedly mocking pro-Palestinian activists detained from a Gaza-bound aid flotilla, triggering international criticism and calls within Europe for sanctions against the far-right Israeli minister. Read More

Iran Says Hormuz Traffic To Return To Pre-War Levels In 30 Days; US Hints At ‘Good News’ | Top Points

The reported agreement between the US and Iran includes a 60-day ceasefire extension, during which the Strait of Hormuz would be reopened. Read More

Russia Confirms Using Nuclear-Capable Oreshnik Missile On Ukraine, EU Calls Move Reckless

Ukraine said Russia launched 55 missiles and hundreds of drones overnight. Air defence systems intercepted most of the incoming weapons, but several targets were still hit. Read More

39-Year-Old Killed In Shark Attack In Queensland, 3rd In Australia This Year

A 39-year-old man died after a shark attack at Kennedy Shoal in Far North Queensland, the third such attack in Australia this year. Read More

Topics

UK teen rape victim says judge’s ruling felt ‘like a rock in my face’ after three boys spared jail

UK teen rape victim criticises judge’s decision after three boys spared jail. Read More

France bans far-right Israeli minister Ben-Gvir after Gaza flotilla video sparks outrage

The Israeli minister shared videos allegedly mocking pro-Palestinian activists detained from a Gaza-bound aid flotilla, triggering international criticism and calls within Europe for sanctions against the far-right Israeli minister. Read More

Iran Says Hormuz Traffic To Return To Pre-War Levels In 30 Days; US Hints At ‘Good News’ | Top Points

The reported agreement between the US and Iran includes a 60-day ceasefire extension, during which the Strait of Hormuz would be reopened. Read More

Russia Confirms Using Nuclear-Capable Oreshnik Missile On Ukraine, EU Calls Move Reckless

Ukraine said Russia launched 55 missiles and hundreds of drones overnight. Air defence systems intercepted most of the incoming weapons, but several targets were still hit. Read More

39-Year-Old Killed In Shark Attack In Queensland, 3rd In Australia This Year

A 39-year-old man died after a shark attack at Kennedy Shoal in Far North Queensland, the third such attack in Australia this year. Read More

GK: From Gadha To Har**z*da, India’s Strangest Mango Names Explained

India grows hundreds of mango varieties, but these rare regional favourites stand out for their bizarre names, royal origins and distinctive taste profiles. Read More

Offbeat Hill Stations In South India To Visit With Children Under Rs.25K

Article highlights budget friendly family trips to offbeat South India hill stations Kotagiri, Araku Valley, Vagamon, Yelagiri and Coorg, with 3 day costs around 15000 to 25000 Go to Source Author: News18 Read More

BJP Sweeps Bengal’s Falta Too: 4 Reasons Why Sinking In ‘Safe’ Diamond Harbour Will Hurt TMC The Most

BJP wins Falta assembly constituency: Losing a TMC bastion and “safe seat” to the BJP indicates a deep shift in voter sentiment, say experts Go to Source Read More

Related Articles