Sunday, February 22, 2026
18.1 C
New Delhi

Aamir UNHAPPY with films: ‘I’d come home and cry’

Aamir Khan admits being UNHAPPY with film choices; says 'I used to come home in the evening and cry’

Bollywood star Aamir Khan revealed his early career struggles, even after the success of ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’. He faced difficulty securing roles with his desired directors, leading to unhappiness and a vow to never compromise on scripts or collaborators. This turning point solidified his commitment to quality filmmaking.

Aamir Khan is among the top stars in Bollywood. However, there was a time when the actor had to rough it out as he made his way to the top. In a recent interview, the actor opened up about his struggles in the beginning of his career. The star even addressed how, even after the major success of his hit film ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’, there were times when he wasn’t able to find his footing.

Aamir Khan talks about his struggles as an actor

The actor recently attended an event, where he got on stage and addressed some of the major hardships that he has had to face over the past year. As per PTI, the idol talked about his beginning in the industry with the 1973 film ‘Yaadon Ki Baaraat’, and how even after his major success following the release of ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’, no directors in the industry were willing to take a chance on him at that time.

Aamir Khan Blushes As He Holds Girlfriend Gauri Spratt’s Hand!

He shared at the 23rd Hindustan Times Leadership Summit, “I started getting a lot of offers for films but I wasn’t getting offers from the directors I wanted to work with. I had a list of directors I wanted to work with, but none of those directors approached me. At that time, even after a superhit like ‘QSQT’, you still had to establish yourself as a star before the A-graders (referring to the directors) wanted to work with you. ”He also added that over time, as he grew as a person and as an actor, he understood the importance of working with a “good script, right director and producer.” He also directly addressed his past films as well, citing that he had once signed 8 to 9 films altogether, thinking that he would be able to do it. However, later on, once the shooting for all of the projects he had signed started, he realised that this sort of work was not for him.

Aamir talks about being unhappy with his career choices

He also recalled being extremely unsatisfied and unhappy with what he was doing as an actor, and further shared, “I used to come home in the evening and cry. I swore to myself that never again will I compromise with my work unless I trust the director, the script is something I love, and the producer is someone who can produce and release it well.”The 60-year-old actor also talked about getting an offer from Mahesh Bhatt as well, citing that although he wanted to work with him, he did not like the script at all. Recalling the moment, he shared that “The fact that I was ready not to compromise at my worst (phase) gave me a lot of strength and that was a turning point for me.” Go to Source

Hot this week

Gay asylum-seeker says US deported her to country where being homosexual is illegal: ‘What was done to me was…’

A Moroccan woman who fled her home after facing violence for her sexuality says she was deported from the United States to a country where being gay is also a crime, despite having legal protection from a US judge. Read More

Report on Davos deals soon, 15 bills to be passed in House: CM

Mumbai: CM Devendra Fadnavis on Sunday said the state govt will present a detailed report on the Rs 30-lakh crore MoUs signed at World Economic Forum in Davos last month as well as the status of past deals. Read More

Revised CAFE-3 draft tightens norms, may hit small car makers

. NEW DELHI: Manufacturers of small cars may face greater regulatory challenges if the revised draft of CAFE-3, which proposes to improve vehicle fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions, is implemented. Read More

BAFTA Film Awards 2026 Live Updates

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Film Awards, is underway in London, with some of the biggest and brightest talents under one roof, warming up before they take their shot at winning gold at the Oscars next month. Read More

BAFTAs 2026: ‘One Battle After Another’ sweeps six awards

Politically charged thriller “One Battle After Another” took six prizes, including best picture, at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday, building momentum ahead of the Oscars next month. Read More

Topics

Gay asylum-seeker says US deported her to country where being homosexual is illegal: ‘What was done to me was…’

A Moroccan woman who fled her home after facing violence for her sexuality says she was deported from the United States to a country where being gay is also a crime, despite having legal protection from a US judge. Read More

Report on Davos deals soon, 15 bills to be passed in House: CM

Mumbai: CM Devendra Fadnavis on Sunday said the state govt will present a detailed report on the Rs 30-lakh crore MoUs signed at World Economic Forum in Davos last month as well as the status of past deals. Read More

Revised CAFE-3 draft tightens norms, may hit small car makers

. NEW DELHI: Manufacturers of small cars may face greater regulatory challenges if the revised draft of CAFE-3, which proposes to improve vehicle fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions, is implemented. Read More

BAFTA Film Awards 2026 Live Updates

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Film Awards, is underway in London, with some of the biggest and brightest talents under one roof, warming up before they take their shot at winning gold at the Oscars next month. Read More

BAFTAs 2026: ‘One Battle After Another’ sweeps six awards

Politically charged thriller “One Battle After Another” took six prizes, including best picture, at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday, building momentum ahead of the Oscars next month. Read More

Danish military evacuates US submarine crew amid tensions over Trump’s Greenland takeover push

In a humanitarian gesture amid simmering geopolitical tensions, Denmark’s military evacuated a crew member from a US submarine near Greenland for urgent medical treatment, even as US President Donald Trump’s proposal to send a hospita Read More

Mexico mayhem after El Mencho killed: Leaked message claims cartel threatens violence against civilians, sets deadline

As several states in Mexico erupted in unprecedented chaos as the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, CJNG, retaliated the death of their boss El Mencho, a leaked message claimed that the cartel has ordered its cadre to be prepared for an a Read More

UK MP seeks treason probe into Prince Andrew over Epstein links, govt eyes removal from royal succession

A senior Conservative MP has called for a possible treason investigation into Prince Andrew after his arrest over alleged links with disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, as the UK government signalled it is considering removing him fr Read More

Related Articles