Thursday, May 21, 2026
32.1 C
New Delhi

‘Will get it done’: Trump signals ‘real chance for greatness’ in West Asia amid 21-point Gaza peace plan

Trump has said there is “a real chance for greatness in the Middle East,” as reports point to a 21-point plan aimed at ending the Gaza war and shaping the region’s future. The proposal, which includes a ceasefire, hostage releases and a roadmap for Gaza, is expected to be discussed with Netanyahu at the White House on Monday.

US President Donald Trump on Sunday said there is “a real chance for greatness in the Middle East,” without providing further details, days after claiming he was close to a deal to end the war in Gaza.

Reports suggest a 21-point plan for Gaza’s future is under discussion.

“We have a real chance for Greatness in the Middle East. All are on board for something special, first time ever. We will get it done,” Trump wrote on Truth Social, offering no specifics.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW THIS AD

Earlier, he had said a breakthrough on Gaza was imminent, claiming negotiators were close to finalising an agreement to secure hostages’ release and end the war.

The US President is scheduled to meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday at the White House to discuss a framework for a deal, according to officials.

Trump’s 21-point peace plan

Trump has proposed a 21-point plan for Gaza and the wider Middle East. Reports suggest the plan calls for an immediate halt to all military operations in Gaza as the first step towards ending the war.

The Washington Post, citing officials from two governments, said that if both sides agree, current “battle lines” would be frozen, and 20 living hostages, along with the remains of more than two dozen others, could be released within 48 hours.

Al-Arabiya reported that the plan will be presented to Netanyahu during his White House visit.

Humanitarian impact of the conflict

The conflict, now nearly two years old, has pushed Israeli forces deep into Gaza City, which Israel describes as the “last stronghold of Hamas.” Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry reports that 65,502 people have been killed since 7 October 2023.

Israel’s offensive has caused widespread destruction, displacing around 90% of Gaza’s population and triggering a severe humanitarian crisis.

Key elements of the US proposal

The Trump-led US administration’s plan calls for all hostages held by Hamas to be released within 48 hours of an agreement, CNN reported. It also sets out a roadmap for Gaza after the war.

Reports indicate that the US shared the plan with a handful of Arab and Muslim countries on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York last week.

The proposal includes recognition of a Palestinian state, the release of hostages, and the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza. Hamas, however, would not have any role in Gaza’s future government, according to reports.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW THIS AD

End of Article

Go to Source

Hot this week

‘Hair on fire’: Trump, Netanyahu call turns tense over Iran strategy

File photo US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held a tense phone call on Tuesday over efforts to secure a new agreement with Iran, with differences emerging over whether diplomacy should continue Read More

FBI busts India-based call centre that defrauded elderly Americans of millions

The FBI, working with international partners, has dismantled a major India-based call centre accused of scamming hundreds of elderly victims through fake tech support alerts, as two US executives plead guilty to enabling the fraud Go to Source Read More

‘Had no choice’: Trump defends decision to attack Iran, says Tehran was going to make nuclear bomb

US President Donald Trump has defended launching the unprovoked war on Iran by arguing that he had no choice. Without a US attack, he said, Iran would have declared a nuclear weapon. Read More

Inside Kriti Sanon’s Dreamy Sicily Diaries From Cocktail 2 Shoot

Kriti Sanon’s stunning Sicily photos from the Cocktail 2 shoot are giving major travel goals. Explore the best places to visit, food to try for a perfect Sicily getaway. Read More

Kajol Exudes Timeless Glamour In A Regal Wine-Coloured Gown At 51

Kajol stuns in a rich wine-coloured gown as she shares glamorous new pictures on Instagram. Read More

Topics

‘Hair on fire’: Trump, Netanyahu call turns tense over Iran strategy

File photo US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held a tense phone call on Tuesday over efforts to secure a new agreement with Iran, with differences emerging over whether diplomacy should continue Read More

FBI busts India-based call centre that defrauded elderly Americans of millions

The FBI, working with international partners, has dismantled a major India-based call centre accused of scamming hundreds of elderly victims through fake tech support alerts, as two US executives plead guilty to enabling the fraud Go to Source Read More

‘Had no choice’: Trump defends decision to attack Iran, says Tehran was going to make nuclear bomb

US President Donald Trump has defended launching the unprovoked war on Iran by arguing that he had no choice. Without a US attack, he said, Iran would have declared a nuclear weapon. Read More

Inside Kriti Sanon’s Dreamy Sicily Diaries From Cocktail 2 Shoot

Kriti Sanon’s stunning Sicily photos from the Cocktail 2 shoot are giving major travel goals. Explore the best places to visit, food to try for a perfect Sicily getaway. Read More

Kajol Exudes Timeless Glamour In A Regal Wine-Coloured Gown At 51

Kajol stuns in a rich wine-coloured gown as she shares glamorous new pictures on Instagram. Read More

US envoy Sergio Gor hints at ‘big things’ in India-US nuclear energy partnership

NEW DELHI: US ambassador to India Sergio Gor on Wednesday hinted at a major India-US collaboration in the nuclear energy sector. Read More

PM Modi To Chair High-Stakes Council Of Ministers’ Meet At Bharat Mandapam Today

The Prime Minister will chair a meeting of the Council of Ministers at Bharat Mandapam during which he will review the government’s performance, schemes, infrastructure projects. Read More

Dharmendra Pradhan Monitors Social Media Crackdown, Orders Strict Vigilance Ahead Of NEET Re-Exam

Dharmendra Pradhan directed authorities and social media platforms to crack down on fake NEET paper leak claims and online misinformation ahead of the June 21 re-examination. Read More

Related Articles