Saturday, May 23, 2026
37.1 C
New Delhi

Watch: Pentagon releases footage of US jet shooting down mysterious UFO

Watch: Pentagon releases footage of US jet shooting down mysterious UFO

Source: US department of war

A newly released Pentagon video appears to show a US fighter jet taking down an unidentified aerial object over Michigan’s Lake Huron in February 2023, as part of the latest batch of previously classified UFO-related files made public by the US government.The infrared footage, included in a second tranche of declassified records released on Friday, shows an F-16 fighter jet locking onto an unidentified object before what the Pentagon described as a “kinetic interaction” causes it to fragment mid-air.According to a description released by the Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO), the footage “appears to depict a kinetic interaction between two distinct areas of contrast”, after which the object fragments “in a radial displacement pattern that suggests a high-energy event”.The video was among 222 files released by the Pentagon on Friday following an initial release of 161 files on May 8 under an order issued by US President Donald Trump. The material includes documents, photographs, audio recordings and 51 videos linked to what the US government officially calls “unidentified anomalous phenomena” (UAP).AARO said the video was uploaded to a classified network in February 2023 with the title: “USAF ANG F-16C … Shoots Down UAP over Lake Huron”.However, the Pentagon also cautioned that many of the released materials “lack a substantiated chain-of-custody”, meaning officials cannot fully verify how the files were handled before being archived.Most of the newly released videos contain grainy infrared footage captured by US military systems between 2018 and 2023.The disclosure also included reports of “green orbs”, “discs” and “fireballs” observed near military facilities dating back to the late 1940s, along with an account from a senior US intelligence officer who reported seeing “countless orange orbs swarming in all directions” during a helicopter mission in 2025.US secretary of war Pete Hegseth said the files had long fuelled public speculation. “It’s time the American people see it for themselves,” he said.

Go to Source

Hot this week

AIFF delays ISL commercial partner decision amid growing concerns from clubs, adopts NSG Act

AIFF approved the National Sports Governance Act 2025 but postponed a final decision on the future commercial partner of the ISL amid growing concerns from clubs over the league’s future. Read More

Iran tells Pakistan army chief US ‘not honest’ in talks, refuses to compromise on national rights

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf told Pakistan army chief Asim Munir that Tehran would not compromise on its national rights despite ongoing negotiations with the United States. Read More

‘Deeply saddening’: PM Modi conveys condolences to President Xi after 90 killed in China mine blast

PM Modi on Saturday expressed condolences to Chinese President Xi Jinping and the people of China after a deadly coal mine explosion in Shanxi province killed at least 90 people in one of the country’s worst mining disasters in recent years. Read More

‘There Might Be Some News’: Rubio Hints At Big Breakthrough In US-Iran Talks

Speaking to reporters in Delhi, Rubio said there was progress in US-Iran discussions related to the Strait of Hormuz and Tehran’s nuclear programme. Read More

Centre tightens control on Pregabalin amid rising abuse among youth

Representational image NEW DELHI: Amid rising reports of young people misusing Pregabalin for its sedative, euphoric and dissociative effects, the Centre has brought the widely prescribed pain and neurological drug under the stricte Read More

Topics

AIFF delays ISL commercial partner decision amid growing concerns from clubs, adopts NSG Act

AIFF approved the National Sports Governance Act 2025 but postponed a final decision on the future commercial partner of the ISL amid growing concerns from clubs over the league’s future. Read More

Iran tells Pakistan army chief US ‘not honest’ in talks, refuses to compromise on national rights

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf told Pakistan army chief Asim Munir that Tehran would not compromise on its national rights despite ongoing negotiations with the United States. Read More

‘Deeply saddening’: PM Modi conveys condolences to President Xi after 90 killed in China mine blast

PM Modi on Saturday expressed condolences to Chinese President Xi Jinping and the people of China after a deadly coal mine explosion in Shanxi province killed at least 90 people in one of the country’s worst mining disasters in recent years. Read More

‘There Might Be Some News’: Rubio Hints At Big Breakthrough In US-Iran Talks

Speaking to reporters in Delhi, Rubio said there was progress in US-Iran discussions related to the Strait of Hormuz and Tehran’s nuclear programme. Read More

Centre tightens control on Pregabalin amid rising abuse among youth

Representational image NEW DELHI: Amid rising reports of young people misusing Pregabalin for its sedative, euphoric and dissociative effects, the Centre has brought the widely prescribed pain and neurological drug under the stricte Read More

Ella Bleu Travolta talks about her parents, John Travolta and Kelly Preston

Ella Bleu Travolta revealed her parents, John Travolta and the late Kelly Preston, were incredibly supportive of her career choices. She shared that their shared passion for acting made them happy she genuinely enjoyed the profession. Read More

Nepomniachtchi reacts to no Indians in top 10, questions FIDE rating system: ‘Not completely fair…’

Ian Nepomniachtchi praised India’s chess boom as he shared his views on rising Indian players like Arjun Erigaisi, R Praggnanandhaa and D Gukesh. The Russian GM also questioned the fairness of the current rating system. Read More

Indian-origin cancer specialist banned from practising in UK says, ‘I will never work…’

Shamir Chandran was convicted of coercive behaviour and is wanted by police An Indian-origin cancer specialist has been struck off the UK medical register after a tribunal ruled that his criminal conviction made him a risk to the pu Read More

Related Articles