Tuesday, May 19, 2026
39.1 C
New Delhi

Do not travel for any reason: US Ebola alert for Congo, South Sudan, Uganda; level 3 alert for Rwanda

Do not travel for any reason: US Ebola alert for Congo, South Sudan, Uganda; level 3 alert for Rwanda

US issues travel alert amid the outbreak of Ebola in DRC and Uganda.

The US Department of State issued a level 4 alert for the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), South Sudan, or Uganda, urging Americans not to travel to either of these countries for any reason, considering the Ebola outbreak. For Rwanda, the department issued a level 3 alert asking Americans to reconsider traveling. The travel alerts are in response to the CDC and WHO’s declaration on recent Ebola outbreak.”Medical services in South Sudan are extremely limited. Adequate medical treatment, as well as access to routine an emergency procedures, is often unavailable, and even minor health issues could require medical evacuation. All medical services, including medical evacuation, are at your expense. If you purchase additional medical insurance, be sure to keep records of all medical services paid for and provided,” the US Department wrote in the advisory for South Sudan.Ebola is a rare, severe and often fatal hemorrhagic fever illness which is transmitted through direct contact with infected persons or their bodily fluids.Dr Peter Stafford, a US doctor, has tested positive for Ebola as he and his wife Dr Rebekah Stafford were treating patients during the outbreak in DRC. The couple’s four children are also being monitored for symptoms. The couple moved to Africa in 2019.As of Tuesday, there have been 131 deaths linked to the current outbreak. The US doctor is being treated at a hospital in Germany as US government’s request. “Arrangements are currently being made to admit and treat the patient in Germany,” Germany’s Federal Ministry of Health said. “For the management and care of patients with diseases caused by highly pathogenic pathogens, there is a nationwide network of experts in Germany,” the ministry said.The CDC issued a new order on Monday blocking foreign travellers from entering the US if they have visited a country affected by the outbreak in the past 21 days, including DR Congo, Uganda and South Sudan.The agency invoked Title 42, a law that temporarily bans noncitizens from coming to the US for public health reasons.President Donald Trump said on Monday he was “concerned” by the outbreak in DR Congo, but added he believed it had not spread to the US.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Carlos Alcaraz pulls out of Wimbledon with lingering wrist issue: ‘I’m still not ready’

Following his French Open withdrawal, two-time Wimbledon champion Carlos Alcaraz has revealed that he has withdrawn from the Grass Court Grand Slam event while providing a key update on his wrist injury. Read More

Team 911 win Red Bull Half Court 2026 National Finals after 14-12 victory over John Deere in final

Jashandeep Singh, Ujjwal, Eknoor Singh and Manveer Dhaliwal made up the 911 squad that won the Red Bull Half Court 2026 National Finals in Chandigarh, and they will now represent India in the World Finals in Manila, Philippines, in December 2026. Read More

Trump Claims Drones Would ‘Bounce Off’ His New $400 Million White House Ballroom Roof

Trump said the structure had been designed with strong security features and suggested it could even withstand aerial attacks. Read More

‘Common Sense…’: Ex Norway Minister Tells Journalist To ‘Check Facts’ After PM Modi Question Row

Speaking to CNN-News18, Erik Solheim dismissed the incident as an overblown controversy driven by what he described as selective narratives about India. Read More

Travelling To Nepal: These UNESCO Sites Are A Must Visit

Nepal’s spiritual heart and historical grandeur shine through its UNESCO World Heritage Sites, offering travellers a profound journey through time. Read More

Topics

Carlos Alcaraz pulls out of Wimbledon with lingering wrist issue: ‘I’m still not ready’

Following his French Open withdrawal, two-time Wimbledon champion Carlos Alcaraz has revealed that he has withdrawn from the Grass Court Grand Slam event while providing a key update on his wrist injury. Read More

Team 911 win Red Bull Half Court 2026 National Finals after 14-12 victory over John Deere in final

Jashandeep Singh, Ujjwal, Eknoor Singh and Manveer Dhaliwal made up the 911 squad that won the Red Bull Half Court 2026 National Finals in Chandigarh, and they will now represent India in the World Finals in Manila, Philippines, in December 2026. Read More

Trump Claims Drones Would ‘Bounce Off’ His New $400 Million White House Ballroom Roof

Trump said the structure had been designed with strong security features and suggested it could even withstand aerial attacks. Read More

‘Common Sense…’: Ex Norway Minister Tells Journalist To ‘Check Facts’ After PM Modi Question Row

Speaking to CNN-News18, Erik Solheim dismissed the incident as an overblown controversy driven by what he described as selective narratives about India. Read More

Travelling To Nepal: These UNESCO Sites Are A Must Visit

Nepal’s spiritual heart and historical grandeur shine through its UNESCO World Heritage Sites, offering travellers a profound journey through time. Read More

How to know when nation is under stress? When focus shifts to behavioural management

AI-generated image “We the people of India” saved the nation during Covid by “living like soldiers”. Today, citizens are again being asked to help the country by “living responsibly”. Read More

Man Records Tamil Nadu CM Vijay’s Official Meeting Inside Secretariat, Video Goes Viral

The video was reportedly shot during an official meeting chaired by Vijay with representatives of the specially-abled community to discuss their issues. Read More

India’s Big Energy Stress Test: Round Two Of Fuel Price Hike | Will India Find A Way Out? | News18

India faces a fuel crisis amid rising oil prices due to the Gulf War, with experts urging a tripling of strategic petroleum reserves. Read More

Related Articles