Monday, May 18, 2026
33.1 C
New Delhi

FIR filed against 2 Punjab cops for making dead man ‘give statement’

FIR filed against 2 Punjab cops for making dead man 'give statement'

Police have filed an FIR against two cops for allegedly submitting the ‘statement’ of a dead man in connection with the murder of a US-based woman in Ludhiana, reports Payal Dhawan.Former Dehlon SHO Sukhjinder Singh and head constable Sanjiv Kumar were charged with evidence tampering, distorting official records and fabricating documents. Rupinder Kaur (72), was murdered in July 2025. Police arrested the house owner, Sukhjit Singh, while his brother Manvir is missing. Police said Sukhjit confessed that he murdered Rupinder at the behest of UK-based NRI, who was accused of duping the NRI woman.Manvir moved HC seeking anticipatory bail and alleged that a witness statement in the police file had been fabricated. As per the plea, Gurpreet Singh, whose ‘statement’ was recorded as a witness on Sept 19, 2025, had died on May 29, 2025.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Trump Says ‘Very Good Chance’ Of Nuclear Deal, After Delaying Strikes On Iran

Donald Trump says there is a very good chance of a US Iran nuclear deal, reveals he delayed a planned military strike after Gulf leaders urged more time for negotiations. Read More

AIADMK veteran Semmalai quits, ex-DMK min PTR takes a break

CHENNAI: Signs of unrest within Dravidian majors after the recent Tamil Nadu assembly poll debacle intensified Monday, even as DMK president MK Stalin and AIADMK chief Edappadi K Palaniswami (EPS) assured cadres the two parties woul Read More

India now Naxal-free: HM

Home minister Amit Shah on Monday said the Union govt would do whatever it takes for the region to recoup the loss of over five decades worth of development in three to five years. Read More

Anti-Naxal security camps turn ‘seva deras’ in Bastar

JAGDALPUR: With Left-wing extremism (LWE) crushed, the camps set up by the security forces in the remote Bastar region to run anti-Naxal operations are being repurposed to serve the local population with doorstep delivery of a range o Read More

On Prabhakaran death anniv, Vijay backs SL Tamils’ rights

CHENNAI: Tamil Nadu chief minister C Joseph Vijay on Monday expressed solidarity with the global Tamil diaspora on the occasion of Mullivaikkal Remembrance Day. Read More

Topics

Trump Says ‘Very Good Chance’ Of Nuclear Deal, After Delaying Strikes On Iran

Donald Trump says there is a very good chance of a US Iran nuclear deal, reveals he delayed a planned military strike after Gulf leaders urged more time for negotiations. Read More

AIADMK veteran Semmalai quits, ex-DMK min PTR takes a break

CHENNAI: Signs of unrest within Dravidian majors after the recent Tamil Nadu assembly poll debacle intensified Monday, even as DMK president MK Stalin and AIADMK chief Edappadi K Palaniswami (EPS) assured cadres the two parties woul Read More

India now Naxal-free: HM

Home minister Amit Shah on Monday said the Union govt would do whatever it takes for the region to recoup the loss of over five decades worth of development in three to five years. Read More

Anti-Naxal security camps turn ‘seva deras’ in Bastar

JAGDALPUR: With Left-wing extremism (LWE) crushed, the camps set up by the security forces in the remote Bastar region to run anti-Naxal operations are being repurposed to serve the local population with doorstep delivery of a range o Read More

On Prabhakaran death anniv, Vijay backs SL Tamils’ rights

CHENNAI: Tamil Nadu chief minister C Joseph Vijay on Monday expressed solidarity with the global Tamil diaspora on the occasion of Mullivaikkal Remembrance Day. Read More

Ex-min faces FIR over Messi’s Kolkata event

Based on a complaint by Lionel Messi’s India tour organiser, Satadru Dutta, an FIR was filed on Monday against Bengal’s former sports minister Aroop Biswas, ex-DGP Rajeev Kumar, New Alipore councillor Juin Biswas, and IAS officer Sant Read More

Govinda’s security gets into altercation with fan; actor apologises

Govinda just proved to fans why he is the ultimate “Hero No. 1”.The actor has gone viral on social media after a video of him stepping in to save the day has gone viral online. Read More

US pharma co denied patent on hepatitis C combo therapy

. NEW DELHI: The Indian Patent Office has refused to grant a patent to US pharmaceutical firm AbbVie on its Hepatitis C combination therapy glecaprevir/pibrentasvir, marketed globally as Mavyret. Read More

Related Articles