Monday, February 16, 2026
16.1 C
New Delhi

Ameesha Patel breaks silence on cheque bounce case

Ameesha Patel breaks silence on cheque bounce case: ‘Despite settlement, Pawan Verma has lodged proceedings making false allegations’

Ameesha Patel has broken her silence after a Moradabad court issued a non-bailable warrant against her in connection with a 2017 event dispute.Taking to her Instagram Stories, Ameesha addressed the reports and termed the case an old, settled matter. “Media reports suggest about certain proceedings at Moradabad by one Pawan Verma. I wish to inform one and all that this is a v v old matter which was years back in which the said Pawan Verma had signed a settlement deed and received the entire agreed amount. Despite this it seems he has lodged proceedings making false allegations. My lawyers are initiating appropriate criminal proceedings of cheating against this person to expose his lies while I prefer to focus on my work and ignore people who choose to make a public spectacle for gaining attention on false pretexts,” she wrote.

Screenshot 2026-02-17 011930

How the dispute resurfaced

The development comes after a Moradabad court took note of a complaint linked to a 2017 wedding event booking. According to the case details, event organiser Pawan Verma alleged that Ameesha had been contracted to perform at a wedding on November 16, 2017, for which an advance payment of Rs 14.50 lakh was made. Arrangements for her stay were also reportedly completed at a hotel on Delhi Road in Moradabad.The complaint states that the actress did not travel to the city on the scheduled date. It further alleges that following subsequent discussions, a partial refund was made. While Rs 10 lakh was reportedly returned in cash, a cheque of Rs 4.50 lakh allegedly bounced, prompting the organiser to seek legal recourse.

Ameesha Patel Felt Betrayed

Court action and defence stand

After the complaint was filed, the court is said to have issued multiple summons seeking Ameesha’s appearance. Her absence during the proceedings reportedly led to the issuance of a non-bailable warrant to secure her presence.However, her legal team maintains that the dispute had already been resolved years ago through a formal settlement, with the agreed amount paid in full. The defence has termed the fresh proceedings an attempt to revive a closed matter and has indicated that appropriate legal steps will be taken to contest the allegations. The matter is now expected to proceed before the court, where both sides will present their respective arguments.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Los Angeles flash flood warning: What residents need to know about upcoming storms

Los Angeles and much of Southern California are facing flash flood risks as a series of strong storms moves through the region, bringing heavy rain, thunderstorms and hazardous conditions. Read More

Cong disassociates, but Aiyar says unlike Rahul friends, he is with party

Mani Shankar Aiyar (File Photo) NEW DELHI: After Congress dissociated itself from Mani Shankar Aiyar following his prediction that the rival Left front will win in Kerala elections, the veteran hit back on Monday saying he remains Read More

From robots in healthcare to drones scanning crops, it’s India story at work

A visitor shakes hand with a robot on display at the summit NEW DELHI: The AI Impact Summit 2026 marks a shift in India’s AI story – from cloud-heavy, software-led narratives to physical, deployable AI embedded in machine Read More

India in talks with 30+ nations to curb AI misuse: Ashwini Vaishnaw

IT minister Ashwini Vaishnaw NEW DELHI: Electronics and IT minister Ashwini Vaishnaw on Monday said India is in discussions with ministers from over 30 countries to develop common technical and legal solutions to tackle the misuse Read More

India must use AI to make governance efficient, citizen-centric: Anthropic CEO

Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei BENGALURU: Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei said even as artificial intelligence technology produces great value, it will also bring big economic turmoil. Read More

Topics

Los Angeles flash flood warning: What residents need to know about upcoming storms

Los Angeles and much of Southern California are facing flash flood risks as a series of strong storms moves through the region, bringing heavy rain, thunderstorms and hazardous conditions. Read More

Cong disassociates, but Aiyar says unlike Rahul friends, he is with party

Mani Shankar Aiyar (File Photo) NEW DELHI: After Congress dissociated itself from Mani Shankar Aiyar following his prediction that the rival Left front will win in Kerala elections, the veteran hit back on Monday saying he remains Read More

From robots in healthcare to drones scanning crops, it’s India story at work

A visitor shakes hand with a robot on display at the summit NEW DELHI: The AI Impact Summit 2026 marks a shift in India’s AI story – from cloud-heavy, software-led narratives to physical, deployable AI embedded in machine Read More

India in talks with 30+ nations to curb AI misuse: Ashwini Vaishnaw

IT minister Ashwini Vaishnaw NEW DELHI: Electronics and IT minister Ashwini Vaishnaw on Monday said India is in discussions with ministers from over 30 countries to develop common technical and legal solutions to tackle the misuse Read More

India must use AI to make governance efficient, citizen-centric: Anthropic CEO

Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei BENGALURU: Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei said even as artificial intelligence technology produces great value, it will also bring big economic turmoil. Read More

Bertie Carvel REACTS to Baelor’s death in ‘AKOTSK’

Actor Bertie Carvel has opened up about portraying Prince Baelor “Breakspear” Targaryen and the pivotal moment in episode 4 and 5, when the prince volunteers to fight for Ser Duncan the Tall in ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms Read More

Neena Gupta says Vivian Richards agreed to her having Masaba

Veteran actor Neena Gupta has revealed that former West Indies cricketer Vivian Richards had agreed to her decision to have his child, but she chose not to take any financial assistance from him while raising their daughter, Masaba Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

Related Articles