Sunday, February 22, 2026
19.1 C
New Delhi

Trump Asserts Decision To Strike Qatar Was Made By Netanyahu, Denies US Participation

Curated By :

Last Updated:

According to the President, he was informed about the incident by the US military earlier in the morning.

font

Trump’s statement also condemned Hamas for “profiting off the misery of those living in Gaza” (Source: AFP)

Trump’s statement also condemned Hamas for “profiting off the misery of those living in Gaza” (Source: AFP)

US President Donald Trump condemned the Israeli strike in Doha in a Truth Social post on Tuesday, describing it as an “unfortunate incident” and specifically denouncing the choice of location. Emphasising Qatar’s status as a strong US ally, Trump said he had assured Qatari leadership that no such attack would ever occur on their soil again.

While condemning the strike, Trump placed the responsibility solely on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, denying any involvement by the US administration. He argued that such an attack would be counterproductive for both Israel and the US. “Unilaterally bombing inside Qatar, a Sovereign Nation and close Ally of the United States, that is working very hard and bravely taking risks with us to broker Peace, does not advance Israel or America’s goals,” Trump wrote.

Recommended Stories

According to the President, he was informed about the incident by the US military earlier in the morning and instructed Special Envoy Steve Witkoff to alert Qatari officials about the impending strike. However, the warning arrived too late to prevent the attack.

Trump’s statement also condemned Hamas for “profiting off the misery of those living in Gaza,” calling for its elimination as a worthy goal. He reiterated demands for the release of hostages and the return of the bodies of those killed, emphasising the urgent need to end the conflict. “I also spoke to Prime Minister Netanyahu after the attack. The Prime Minister told me that he wants to make Peace. I believe this unfortunate incident could serve as an opportunity for PEACE,” Trump added.

In a related move, the US administration has tasked Secretary of State Marco Rubio with finalising the Defense Cooperation Agreement with Qatar, further strengthening ties with the Gulf nation.

Earlier on Tuesday, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt echoed similar sentiments during a briefing with reporters. She stressed that a strike on Qatar, a key Washington ally, “does not advance Israel or America’s goals,” according to AFP.

The statement came as multiple explosions rocked Doha, Qatar’s capital, in an unprecedented Israeli strike targeting senior Hamas leaders. Qatar’s foreign ministry condemned the attack on Hamas’ political headquarters, with spokesperson Majed Al Ansari calling it a “flagrant violation of all international laws and norms.”

News world Trump Asserts Decision To Strike Qatar Was Made By Netanyahu, Denies US Participation
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Loading comments…

Read More

Go to Source

Hot this week

Five Police Personnel Killed As Speeding Trailer Rams Bolero In Odisha

Police have detained the trailer driver for questioning and launched an investigation to determine the exact cause of the crash. Read More

India Playing XI vs South Africa: Not Abhishek Sharma – Surprise Exclusion On Cards

India Playing XI for India vs South Africa Super 8 match:The cricketing world shifts its focus to the majestic Narendra Modi Stadium today as ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2026 enters its most intense phase. Read More

Kuwait intensifies nationwide security crackdown: Drugs, crime, illegal businesses targeted

Kuwait’s Crime Surge: What’s Behind the Intensified Security Crackdown? Read More

‘They bombed innocent civilians’: Afghanistan vows response after Pak strikes kill dozens, hit madrasa during Ramzan

Pakistan launched intelligence-based airstrikes on militant camps inside Afghanistan, citing conclusive evidence linking TTP fighters to recent suicide attacks and warning it will act to protect national security Go to Source Read More

US CEO Says She’ll Miss ‘Fruit That Tastes Like Fruit’ After Delhi Visit, Sparks Online Debate

Sara Hooker, co-founder and chief executive of Adaptation, attended the summit and later shared her thoughts about the city on X. Read More

Topics

Five Police Personnel Killed As Speeding Trailer Rams Bolero In Odisha

Police have detained the trailer driver for questioning and launched an investigation to determine the exact cause of the crash. Read More

India Playing XI vs South Africa: Not Abhishek Sharma – Surprise Exclusion On Cards

India Playing XI for India vs South Africa Super 8 match:The cricketing world shifts its focus to the majestic Narendra Modi Stadium today as ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2026 enters its most intense phase. Read More

Kuwait intensifies nationwide security crackdown: Drugs, crime, illegal businesses targeted

Kuwait’s Crime Surge: What’s Behind the Intensified Security Crackdown? Read More

‘They bombed innocent civilians’: Afghanistan vows response after Pak strikes kill dozens, hit madrasa during Ramzan

Pakistan launched intelligence-based airstrikes on militant camps inside Afghanistan, citing conclusive evidence linking TTP fighters to recent suicide attacks and warning it will act to protect national security Go to Source Read More

US CEO Says She’ll Miss ‘Fruit That Tastes Like Fruit’ After Delhi Visit, Sparks Online Debate

Sara Hooker, co-founder and chief executive of Adaptation, attended the summit and later shared her thoughts about the city on X. Read More

T20 World Cup 2026: Super 8 Schedule For February 22 & Live Streaming Details

T20 World Cup 2026 Super 8 Schedule, Live Streaming for February 22: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2026 moves into a critical double-header today, Sunday, February 22, as the Super 8 stage intensifies. Read More

Iranian Students Take To The Streets In Bold Anti-Government Protests

Iranian students took to the streets of major universities on Saturday, clashing with counter-protesters and chanting bold anti-government slogans, signaling renewed unrest against the country’s clerical leadership. Read More

ISL crisis averted after Kerala Blasters locked out of home ground hours before Mumbai City clash

Kerala Blasters FC avoided a last-minute stadium crisis ahead of their ISL clash against Mumbai City FC on Sunday. Read More

Related Articles