Friday, May 22, 2026
33.1 C
New Delhi

‘Bad Timing’: Trump Says Iran Conflict Could Stop Him Attending Elder Son’s Wedding

Show Quick Read

Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom

  • President Trump plans to attend son’s wedding, citing
  • Trump acknowledged political pressure regarding wedding attendance during crisis.
  • Donald Trump Jr. remains a key figure defending his father’s agenda.
  • Speculation continues regarding Don Jr.’s own future political ambitions.

US President Donald Trump on Thursday said he would try to attend the wedding of his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr, but admitted that the ongoing Iran conflict had created “bad timing” for the family event.

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office, Trump said his son wanted him to be present at the wedding ceremony in the Bahamas this weekend. However, the president suggested that the escalating situation involving Iran and mounting political pressures in Washington could prevent him from travelling.

“He’d like me to go. It’s going to be just a small little private affair and I’m going to try and make it,” Trump said. “I said, ‘This is not good timing for me, reported AFP. I have a thing called Iran and other things.’”

Trump Weighs Personal Moment Against Political Pressure

The remarks came as Trump continues efforts to negotiate an end to the ongoing conflict with Iran, a war that has weighed heavily on his administration and triggered criticism over rising economic pressures and living costs ahead of the November midterm elections.

Trump also acknowledged the political and media scrutiny surrounding any decision he makes about attending the wedding during an active international crisis.

“That’s one I can’t win on. If I do attend, I get killed. If I don’t attend, I get killed, by the fake news of course,” Trump told reporters.

Despite the dilemma, the president ended his comments on a personal note, saying, “Hopefully they’re going to have a great marriage.”

ALSO READ | New Delhi Can Buy As Much US Oil As It Wants: Marco Rubio Ahead Of India Visit

Don Jr Remains Key Figure in Trump Circle

Donald Trump Jr, widely known as Don Jr, is currently an executive vice president at The Trump Organization and remains one of the most visible public defenders of his father’s political agenda.

The 48-year-old has frequently appeared alongside the president at political events and public engagements, including recent trips between the White House and Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

Over the past several years, Don Jr has emerged as a prominent figure within the Republican Party’s conservative MAGA movement, often taking a more aggressive stance on cultural and political issues than many other party leaders.

ALSO READ | US-Iran Talks Show Signs Of Progress, But Uranium, Hormuz Remain Key Hurdles

Speculation Over Future Political Ambitions

Interest around Don Jr’s political future has also grown steadily within Republican circles. Last year, he said he could consider running for president “maybe one day”.

Trump’s second and final presidential term is set to continue until January 2029, and the president has not publicly indicated who he sees as a potential successor within the Republican Party.

Go to Source

Hot this week

England World Cup squad controversy: Fans divided as Thomas Tuchel opts for bold omissions, shock recalls

England have not yet officially announced their FIFA World Cup 2026 squad but reports have revealed that Thomas Tuchel has taken several bold calls in his team. Read More

Why are Greenlanders protesting against the new US consulate in Nuuk?

The opening of a larger US consulate in Greenland’s capital Nuuk has resulted in protests and renewed concerns over President Donald Trump’s Arctic ambitions. Read More

After Iran, is Trump going to start a conflict with Cuba?

He’s in the midst of one war, but it appears that Donald Trump is mulling a new conflict. After the US indicted former Cuban President Raúl Castro, the US leader has raised the spectre of military intervention, saying he would be ‘happy to do it’. Read More

Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin Donates $500,000 To California Group Fighting Against ‘Overpaid CEO Tax’

Campaign finance filings show Brin made the donation to the political committee titled “Yes on C, No on D to protect San Francisco’s small businesses and economic recovery. Read More

GK: Which Was India’s First Semi-High-Speed Train That Completed 10 Years This Year?

India’s first semi-high-speed train completed 10 years in April 2026. Here’s everything to know about its route, top speed, and features. Read More

Topics

England World Cup squad controversy: Fans divided as Thomas Tuchel opts for bold omissions, shock recalls

England have not yet officially announced their FIFA World Cup 2026 squad but reports have revealed that Thomas Tuchel has taken several bold calls in his team. Read More

Why are Greenlanders protesting against the new US consulate in Nuuk?

The opening of a larger US consulate in Greenland’s capital Nuuk has resulted in protests and renewed concerns over President Donald Trump’s Arctic ambitions. Read More

After Iran, is Trump going to start a conflict with Cuba?

He’s in the midst of one war, but it appears that Donald Trump is mulling a new conflict. After the US indicted former Cuban President Raúl Castro, the US leader has raised the spectre of military intervention, saying he would be ‘happy to do it’. Read More

Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin Donates $500,000 To California Group Fighting Against ‘Overpaid CEO Tax’

Campaign finance filings show Brin made the donation to the political committee titled “Yes on C, No on D to protect San Francisco’s small businesses and economic recovery. Read More

GK: Which Was India’s First Semi-High-Speed Train That Completed 10 Years This Year?

India’s first semi-high-speed train completed 10 years in April 2026. Here’s everything to know about its route, top speed, and features. Read More

‘$500 billion in bilateral trade by 2030’: US envoy Sergio Gor hints at trade pact with India

Sergio Gor (Image credit :ANI) Speaking at an event hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce, the envoy said the agreement would help strengthen supply chains, encourage fresh investments and support sustained inclusive growth. Read More

Haryana Tourists Stripped, Assaulted By Mob In Rishikesh Over Allegedly Harassing Minor Girl | Video

As per the video, one of the accused can be seen running around naked, trying to save himself from the assault. Read More

Vijay’s Cabinet Expansion: Two MLAs From TVK Allies IUML, VCK Take Oath As Ministers

Tamil Nadu CM C Joseph Vijay expands cabinet to 34, inducts VCK and IUML leaders, raises Dalit ministers to eight. Read More

Related Articles