Thursday, May 21, 2026
32.1 C
New Delhi

‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’ revisits shocking child molestation trial- WATCH

'Michael Jackson: The Verdict' trailer: Docuseries revisits EXPLOSIVE trial amid 'Michael' box office success - WATCH

Two decades after Michael Jackson was acquitted in one of the most closely watched celebrity trials in history, a new docuseries, ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’, is set to revisit the explosive courtroom battle that captivated the world.

Michael Jackson: The Verdict trailer

The trailer of the three-part series debuted online on Thursday, giving viewers an inside look at the 2005 trial that ended in the singer’s acquittal. The trailer paints a rather grim picture as it takes the audience through the accounts of jurors, eyewitnesses, accusers, defenders and journalists who were present during the proceedings.

Director Nick Green on documentary

Directed by Nick Green, the series aims to re-examine the case from both the prosecution and defence perspectives, offering what the filmmakers describe as a “forensic look” at the trial. Speaking to Netflix’s Tudum, the filmmaker said, “It has been 20 years since the trial of Michael Jackson in which he was found not guilty. Yet, to this day, controversy still rages.””No cameras were allowed in court, and so the public’s view of the facts at the time were filtered by commentators and presented piecemeal. It was time to take a forensic look at the trial as a whole. Anyone interested in the Michael Jackson story should feel this docuseries gives them a window into what was largely a closed event and a chance to feel closer to what happened,” concluded the statement.

Docu to focus on child molestation allegations

As per the report, the series includes fresh interviews with jurors and individuals directly involved in the case, alongside media figures who witnessed the courtroom drama firsthand. Explaining the reason behind the same, the filmmaker said, “The aim was to take the audience inside the proceedings and only speak to eyewitnesses who played a part in those events.”In 2003, Jackson, the King of Pop and one of the biggest stars in the world, was charged with multiple counts of child molestation. The allegations triggered an intense media frenzy and a trial that drew worldwide attention. His acquittal on all counts in 2005 only intensified public fascination surrounding the singer, a fascination that has continued long after his death in 2009.

‘Michael’ box office collection

The release of the docuseries comes amid the box office success of the biopic ‘Michael’, starring Jaafar Jackson in the lead. The film grossed USD 710 million worldwide, making it the second-highest-grossing film of 2026 and the fourth-highest-grossing biographical film of all time. While the film reported skipped the darker chapters in the singer’s controversy filled life, this docu shines a light on the cultural impact of the trial.

Michael Jackson: The verdict release date

‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’ premieres June 3. Go to Source

Hot this week

12-year-old Faustino Oro perfectly explains why Gukesh is not favourite against Sindarov: ‘He lost a lot of games’

Argentina’s 12-year-old GM Faustino Oro has shared his views on the upcoming clash between Javokhir Sindarov and D Gukesh in the World Championship match. Read More

Israel Iran War Live Updates: Iran accuses US of carrying out ‘over and covert’ moves to resume conflict

Israel Iran War Live Updates: Trump, who said earlier that negotiations were in their “final stages,” has warned that the window for diplomacy could close quickly Go to Source Read More

Iran examining new US proposal to end war as Trump says peace talks on ‘borderline’

Iran said on Wednesday it was examining a new US proposal to end the Middle East war, as President Donald Trump described the talks as being on the ‘borderline’ between a deal and renewed strikes. Read More

Landslide blocks Kedarnath road; 10,000 stranded pilgrims rescued

. More than 10,000 pilgrims were stranded on the Kedarnath yatra route late Tuesday after a landslide blocked the Sonprayag-Gaurikund highway in Uttarakhand’s Rudraprayag amid continuous rain. Read More

Topics

12-year-old Faustino Oro perfectly explains why Gukesh is not favourite against Sindarov: ‘He lost a lot of games’

Argentina’s 12-year-old GM Faustino Oro has shared his views on the upcoming clash between Javokhir Sindarov and D Gukesh in the World Championship match. Read More

Israel Iran War Live Updates: Iran accuses US of carrying out ‘over and covert’ moves to resume conflict

Israel Iran War Live Updates: Trump, who said earlier that negotiations were in their “final stages,” has warned that the window for diplomacy could close quickly Go to Source Read More

Iran examining new US proposal to end war as Trump says peace talks on ‘borderline’

Iran said on Wednesday it was examining a new US proposal to end the Middle East war, as President Donald Trump described the talks as being on the ‘borderline’ between a deal and renewed strikes. Read More

Landslide blocks Kedarnath road; 10,000 stranded pilgrims rescued

. More than 10,000 pilgrims were stranded on the Kedarnath yatra route late Tuesday after a landslide blocked the Sonprayag-Gaurikund highway in Uttarakhand’s Rudraprayag amid continuous rain. Read More

Satheesan scraps LDF’s controversial rail project

. THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Kerala’s most controversial infrastructure project in recent history is officially dead. Read More

Was Nina Lin arrested? Twitch streamer claims missed $4 scissors scan led to night in jail

Nina Lin revealed on Twitch that she allegedly spent a night in jail after failing to scan a $4 pair of scissors during self checkout. Read More

Related Articles