Monday, May 18, 2026
38.1 C
New Delhi

IPL Auction: Who Is Auqib Dar? Delhi Capitals Buy Jammu & Kashmir Star For ₹8.40 Crore

Delhi Capitals (DC) made a stunning statement in IPL 2026 mini-auction by securing the services of fast-bowler Auqib Dar for a staggering ₹8.40 crore.

This phenomenal purchase not only made him the most expensive Indian player of the day so far but also marked a significant win for DC, who outlasted a fierce bidding war with Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) to acquire the talented 29-year-old.

Rise Through Domestic Prowess

Auqib Dar, who hails from Jammu and Kashmir, is the latest domestic star to translate consistent red-ball and white-ball performances into an IPL windfall. The right-arm medium pacer has been a mainstay for his domestic side and comes to the IPL with formidable credentials:

First-Class Record: In the highly competitive Ranji Trophy, Dar boasts an impressive bowling average of just 19.00 across his career. His ability to consistently take wickets and maintain pressure is evidenced by his overall First-Class wicket tally of 125 wickets in 36 matches.

Recent Form (SMAT 2025/26): His auction price is a direct result of his phenomenal T20 form in the recently concluded Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (SMAT), where he picked up 15 wickets in just 7 matches.

This performance confirmed his readiness for the fast-paced IPL environment, showcasing his skill in swinging the new ball and executing crucial variations.

Why the High Price?

Delhi Capitals’ massive investment is a calculated move driven by the scarcity of high-quality Indian fast-bowling talent.

Auqib Dar offers a strong, in-form domestic option who can complement DC’s overseas pace attack and provide reliability throughout the innings. His signing at a whopping ₹8.40 crore is a handsome and well-deserved reward, reflecting the franchise’s belief in his potential to become an Indian core player for years to come.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Blast In Pakistan’s South Waziristan Leaves 4 Dead Including Tribal Leaders, Several Others Injured

The blast took place near the gate of Khan Zada Market in Wana Bazaar and specifically targeted the vehicle of prominent tribal leader Malik Tariq Khan. Read More

‘All Will Be Forgiven’: From Asim Munir’s Rise To Pakistan’s Nuclear Agenda | Inside The Cypher Leak

The report says one of the key triggers for Washington’s anger was Imran Khan’s visit to Moscow on February 24, 2022, the exact day Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine Go to Source Read More

Step-By-Step Guide To Make Bakery-Style Mango Tart At Home

Make the most of the mango season with this refreshing tart recipe. Read More

Topics

Blast In Pakistan’s South Waziristan Leaves 4 Dead Including Tribal Leaders, Several Others Injured

The blast took place near the gate of Khan Zada Market in Wana Bazaar and specifically targeted the vehicle of prominent tribal leader Malik Tariq Khan. Read More

‘All Will Be Forgiven’: From Asim Munir’s Rise To Pakistan’s Nuclear Agenda | Inside The Cypher Leak

The report says one of the key triggers for Washington’s anger was Imran Khan’s visit to Moscow on February 24, 2022, the exact day Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine Go to Source Read More

Step-By-Step Guide To Make Bakery-Style Mango Tart At Home

Make the most of the mango season with this refreshing tart recipe. Read More

Fresh blow to AIADMK: Former minister Semmalai resigns, cites internal conflict

File photo: AIADMK general secretary Edappadi K Palaniswami (left) and S Semmalai NEW DELHI: Senior All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader S Semmalai on Monday resigned from the party, citing dissatisfaction over re Read More

DMK’s Stalin takes jibe at Tamil Nadu CM Vijay: ‘Became CM by influencing children through Instagram’

NEW DELHI: Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin on Monday took a jibe at Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK) leader Joseph Vijay, saying he became Tamil Nadu chief minister by “influencing children through Instagram. Read More

Ebola outbreak now a global health emergency: Is India at risk?

NEW DELHI: The World Health Organisation (WHO) on Sunday declared the Ebola outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern after more than 300 suspected cases and 88 deaths were reported in Congo and Uganda. Read More

Related Articles