Saturday, May 23, 2026
37.1 C
New Delhi

RCB’s Chinnaswamy Return: Stadium Granted ‘Conditional Permission’ For IPL Matches

Show Quick Read

Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom

IPL franchise Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) enjoys a fierce fan-following, mostly thanks to the long-term featuring of Indian cricket icon, Virat Kohli.

After three failed attempts, the side finally claimed its maiden trophy in the Summer of 2025, beating Punjab Kings (PBKS) in their fourth final at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.

Later on, victory celebrations were held back at home at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, which led to a stampede that unfortunately claimed several lives.

Following the tragic incident, the stadium was suspended from hosting any sort of matches. However, RCB might be on the cusp of a return ahead of IPL 2026.

RCB’s Chinnaswamy IPL Return Close?

Speaking with news agency ANI, Karnataka’s Home Minister, G Parameshwara, revealed that Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) President, Venkatesh Prasad had met with him along with RCB representatives.

While a final decision is yet to be made over the stadium being ready to host IPL matches yet again, he did reveal that a ‘conditional permission’ has been granted, which will be discussed further upon.

The IPL matches are approaching. KSCA President Venkatesh Prasad, spokesperson Vinay and RCB representatives met me. They asked me for permission, and we have given conditional permission. But they are saying this has to be discussed, so I gave them time until Wednesday. We are calling the BBMP commissioner, the Police commissioner, and the Law representatives. So on Wednesday, we will take a call. Discuss all pros and cons.

The M. Chinnaswamy Stadium hasn’t hosted any cricket since the unfortunate incident from last year.

Check Out: Coach Gambhir Hosts Indian Cricketers Ahead Of T20 WC Clash – WATCH

Go to Source

Hot this week

AIFF delays ISL commercial partner decision amid growing concerns from clubs, adopts NSG Act

AIFF approved the National Sports Governance Act 2025 but postponed a final decision on the future commercial partner of the ISL amid growing concerns from clubs over the league’s future. Read More

Iran tells Pakistan army chief US ‘not honest’ in talks, refuses to compromise on national rights

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf told Pakistan army chief Asim Munir that Tehran would not compromise on its national rights despite ongoing negotiations with the United States. Read More

‘Deeply saddening’: PM Modi conveys condolences to President Xi after 90 killed in China mine blast

PM Modi on Saturday expressed condolences to Chinese President Xi Jinping and the people of China after a deadly coal mine explosion in Shanxi province killed at least 90 people in one of the country’s worst mining disasters in recent years. Read More

‘There Might Be Some News’: Rubio Hints At Big Breakthrough In US-Iran Talks

Speaking to reporters in Delhi, Rubio said there was progress in US-Iran discussions related to the Strait of Hormuz and Tehran’s nuclear programme. Read More

Centre tightens control on Pregabalin amid rising abuse among youth

Representational image NEW DELHI: Amid rising reports of young people misusing Pregabalin for its sedative, euphoric and dissociative effects, the Centre has brought the widely prescribed pain and neurological drug under the stricte Read More

Topics

AIFF delays ISL commercial partner decision amid growing concerns from clubs, adopts NSG Act

AIFF approved the National Sports Governance Act 2025 but postponed a final decision on the future commercial partner of the ISL amid growing concerns from clubs over the league’s future. Read More

Iran tells Pakistan army chief US ‘not honest’ in talks, refuses to compromise on national rights

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf told Pakistan army chief Asim Munir that Tehran would not compromise on its national rights despite ongoing negotiations with the United States. Read More

‘Deeply saddening’: PM Modi conveys condolences to President Xi after 90 killed in China mine blast

PM Modi on Saturday expressed condolences to Chinese President Xi Jinping and the people of China after a deadly coal mine explosion in Shanxi province killed at least 90 people in one of the country’s worst mining disasters in recent years. Read More

‘There Might Be Some News’: Rubio Hints At Big Breakthrough In US-Iran Talks

Speaking to reporters in Delhi, Rubio said there was progress in US-Iran discussions related to the Strait of Hormuz and Tehran’s nuclear programme. Read More

Centre tightens control on Pregabalin amid rising abuse among youth

Representational image NEW DELHI: Amid rising reports of young people misusing Pregabalin for its sedative, euphoric and dissociative effects, the Centre has brought the widely prescribed pain and neurological drug under the stricte Read More

Ella Bleu Travolta talks about her parents, John Travolta and Kelly Preston

Ella Bleu Travolta revealed her parents, John Travolta and the late Kelly Preston, were incredibly supportive of her career choices. She shared that their shared passion for acting made them happy she genuinely enjoyed the profession. Read More

Nepomniachtchi reacts to no Indians in top 10, questions FIDE rating system: ‘Not completely fair…’

Ian Nepomniachtchi praised India’s chess boom as he shared his views on rising Indian players like Arjun Erigaisi, R Praggnanandhaa and D Gukesh. The Russian GM also questioned the fairness of the current rating system. Read More

Indian-origin cancer specialist banned from practising in UK says, ‘I will never work…’

Shamir Chandran was convicted of coercive behaviour and is wanted by police An Indian-origin cancer specialist has been struck off the UK medical register after a tribunal ruled that his criminal conviction made him a risk to the pu Read More

Related Articles