Sunday, February 22, 2026
28.1 C
New Delhi

New IPL Rule Bars Three Veteran Stars From Entering 2026 Auction

IPL 2026 auction is set to take place in Abu Dhabi on December 16, with a total of 77 slots available for bidding. All 10 franchises have retained 173 players ahead of the new season, leaving room for 77 more additions.

While seasoned T20 performers like Andre Russell, Glenn Maxwell, and David Miller remain eligible for selection, several well-known players will not be able to enter the mini auction – even if they wish to.

BCCI’s New Rules

Ahead of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2025 mega auction, BCCI implemented two important regulatory changes:

Mandatory Registration for Foreign Players

Every overseas cricketer must register for the mega auction. If a player fails to register, he automatically becomes ineligible for the following season’s auction.

Two-Year Ban for Withdrawals After Being Bought

Any player who withdraws from the tournament after being purchased at the auction will face a two-year ban from both the auction process and participation in the IPL.

Three Players Barred from the IPL 2026 Auction

Ben Stokes

England’s Test captain Ben Stokes chose not to register for last year’s mega auction, citing workload management and a desire to focus on his England career. As a result, he is now barred from entering IPL 2026 mini auction.

Harry Brook

Harry Brook withdrew from IPL 2024 due to a family bereavement. After being picked up by Delhi Capitals for ₹6.25 crore in the IPL 2025 mega auction, he again pulled out to concentrate on his international commitments. Under BCCI’s new rules, Brook is therefore ineligible for this year’s auction.

Jason Roy

Jason Roy, a long-time explosive opener for England, also withdrew from IPL 2024 citing personal reasons and did not register for the 2025 mega auction. His absence from the registration list last year now rules him out of the IPL 2026 mini auction.

Also on ABP Live | IPL 2026 Auction: Five Players Who Could Go Unsold In Mini Auction

Go to Source

Hot this week

‘So It’s A Loss?’: How Trump Reacted After Learning Of Tariff Blow During White House Meeting

Shortly afterwards, Trump cut short a question-and-answer session and left the meeting, saying he needed to prepare a response. Read More

Karnataka Govt Considers Ban On Mobile Phones For Students Under 16 Over Addiction Fears

If approved, Karnataka would join countries like Australia that have introduced measures to curb digital addiction among school students. Read More

Raj Kundra ditches face mask after securing bail in bitcoin case

Businessman Raj Kundra, granted bail in the alleged bitcoin scam case, expressed faith in the Indian judiciary and criticized media sensationalism. After his release, he said “Satyamev Jayate,” emphasizing truth will prevail. Read More

Akshay Kumar led’Welcome To The Jungle’ to shoot a grand post-credit song

One of the most anticipated Bollywood entertainers, ‘Welcome to the Jungle’, is set to hit theatres on June 26, 2026. The multi-starrer comedy is now in its final stage of production. Read More

Topics

‘So It’s A Loss?’: How Trump Reacted After Learning Of Tariff Blow During White House Meeting

Shortly afterwards, Trump cut short a question-and-answer session and left the meeting, saying he needed to prepare a response. Read More

Karnataka Govt Considers Ban On Mobile Phones For Students Under 16 Over Addiction Fears

If approved, Karnataka would join countries like Australia that have introduced measures to curb digital addiction among school students. Read More

Raj Kundra ditches face mask after securing bail in bitcoin case

Businessman Raj Kundra, granted bail in the alleged bitcoin scam case, expressed faith in the Indian judiciary and criticized media sensationalism. After his release, he said “Satyamev Jayate,” emphasizing truth will prevail. Read More

Akshay Kumar led’Welcome To The Jungle’ to shoot a grand post-credit song

One of the most anticipated Bollywood entertainers, ‘Welcome to the Jungle’, is set to hit theatres on June 26, 2026. The multi-starrer comedy is now in its final stage of production. Read More

Is Akshay Kumar joining ‘Golmaal 5’? Arshad Warsi drops a massive hint

One of Bollywood’s most anticipated comedies, ‘Golmaal 5’, is expected to begin shooting soon. Directed by Rohit Shetty, the film continues the hugely popular franchise led by Ajay Devgn. Read More

Nearly 300 drones, 50 missiles: Russia unleashes massive overnight assault on Ukraine, energy sites hit

Russia launched a large-scale missile and drone attack on Ukraine overnight, killing one person in the Kyiv region and damaging energy infrastructure in the south, AP reported, citing Ukrainian officials. Read More

Brazil’s Lula ‘very touched’ by musical tribute in India during lunch with PM Modi

During his state visit to India, Brazilian President Lula da Silva said he was deeply moved by a musical tribute that reminded him of a surprise he had arranged for PM Modi during the latter’s visit to Brazil last year. Read More

Related Articles