Saturday, November 29, 2025
21.1 C
New Delhi

Lola Young cancels gigs ‘for foreseeable future’ after stage collapse

Jessica Rawnsley

Getty Images Lola Young performing during the 2025 MTV Video Music Awards in New YorkGetty Images

Lola Young has said she will be cancelling her upcoming shows “for the foreseeable future”, days after she collapsed on stage during a performance in New York.

In a statement posted on social media on Tuesday, the 24-year-old singer said she was “going away for a while” and apologised to fans who had bought tickets for her tour.

During a performance at the All Things Go music festival on Saturday, Young appeared to drop her microphone and fall backwards, sparking concern among fans and fellow performers.

The following day she cancelled her Sunday slot at the festival held at Forest Hills Stadium in Washington DC.

“I’m going away for a while. It pains me to say I have to cancel everything for the foreseeable future,” she wrote in an Instagram post on Tuesday.

“Thank you for all the love and support. I’m so sorry to let anyone down who has bought a ticket to see me, it hurts me more than you know.

“Obviously you will be entitled to a full refund.

“I really hope you’ll give me a second chance once I’ve had some time to work on myself and come back stronger. Love you all, Lola x.”

The south London singer had been due to embark on a UK tour in October, followed by tour dates in the US, Mexico and Canada in November and December.

Instagram/Lola Young Lola Young's statement on Instagram. It reads: I'm going away for a while. It pains me to say I have to cancel everything for the foreseeable future. Thank you for all the love and support. I'm so sorry to let anyone down who has bought a ticket to see me, it hurts me more than you know. Obviously you will be entitled to a full refund. I really hope you'll give me a second chance once I've had some time to work on myself and come back stronger. Love you all, Lola x.Instagram/Lola Young

In videos posted on social media of Young performing her song Conceited at the All Things Go Festival, she looks uncomfortable before collapsing backwards onto the stage.

Earlier in the set, she had described having “a tricky couple of days” due to a “sensitive matter”, but added: “Today I woke up and I made the decision to come here… sometimes life can throw you lemons and you just gotta make lemonade”.

Young later reassured fans that she was “doing okay” and thanked them for their support.

A day prior on Friday her team had cancelled a performance at New Jersey’s Prudential Centre.

“Lola is very open about her mental health and there are very occasionally days when myself and my team have to take protective measures to keep her safe,” her manager Nick Shymansky said in a statement.

On Tuesday, Young was nominated in the UK Music Video Award’s best pop music video category for One Thing, a song on her recently released album I’m Only F****** Myself.

The artist shot to fame following the release of her 2024 song Messy, which peaked at number one in the United Kingdom, Australia, Belgium, Croatia, Ireland and Israel.

She became the youngest current British artist to have a number one single since Dave in 2022, and the youngest British woman to score a chart-topper since Dua Lipa in 2017. She has had three UK top 40 singles and one top 10 album.

More on this story

Go to Source

Hot this week

Nushrratt Bharuccha’s Ivory Power Suit Turns Heads And Give Boss Vibes On Red Carpet

Nushrratt was spotted at the red carpet event in an all-white, ivory-hued pantsuit that cost Rs 20,000. Read More

BMWs, Mercedes, Land Rovers Seized In SBI Car Loan Scam In Pune: ED

ED seized BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover cars in Pune after raids linked to a major State Bank of India car loan fraud. Read More

Odisha Sets March 2026 Deadline To Eliminate Last Vestiges Of Maoist Threat

The BSF and Odisha Police are leveraging advanced technology, including drones and satellite surveillance, to track and neutralise the remaining Maoist leadership Go to Source Read More

South African Icon Faf du Plessis Opts Out Of IPL 2026, Announces Move To PSL

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom New Delhi: Former South African skipper Faf du Plessis has chosen not to participate in the 2026 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) and has decided not to put his na Read More

IND vs SA 1st ODI: India’s Predicted Playing XI For The Series Opener

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom India are down hurt after being clean swept 2-0 in a Test series against South Africa. Read More

Topics

Nushrratt Bharuccha’s Ivory Power Suit Turns Heads And Give Boss Vibes On Red Carpet

Nushrratt was spotted at the red carpet event in an all-white, ivory-hued pantsuit that cost Rs 20,000. Read More

BMWs, Mercedes, Land Rovers Seized In SBI Car Loan Scam In Pune: ED

ED seized BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover cars in Pune after raids linked to a major State Bank of India car loan fraud. Read More

Odisha Sets March 2026 Deadline To Eliminate Last Vestiges Of Maoist Threat

The BSF and Odisha Police are leveraging advanced technology, including drones and satellite surveillance, to track and neutralise the remaining Maoist leadership Go to Source Read More

South African Icon Faf du Plessis Opts Out Of IPL 2026, Announces Move To PSL

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom New Delhi: Former South African skipper Faf du Plessis has chosen not to participate in the 2026 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) and has decided not to put his na Read More

IND vs SA 1st ODI: India’s Predicted Playing XI For The Series Opener

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom India are down hurt after being clean swept 2-0 in a Test series against South Africa. Read More

Hayya platform in Qatar explained: What it is and the types of visas it offers

The Hayya visa enables travelers seamless entry to Qatar, linking passports with event access efficiently/Representative Image Qatar has become a global hotspot for tourism, sports, and cultural events, and the country has designed Read More

‘Read past the headline’: Nikki Haley’s son Nalin hits back at ‘lazy’ jibe online; defends views on Gen Z

Picture: Instagram/Nalin Haley Nalin Haley, son of former South Carolina governor and US diplomat Nikki Haley, has pushed back against criticism of his recent comments about the struggles faced by Gen Z. Read More

Related Articles