Friday, May 22, 2026
35.1 C
New Delhi

Two Kashmiri Men Arrested In Itanagar For Allegedly Spying On Army For Pakistani Handlers

Arunachal Pradesh Police have uncovered what they describe as a highly sensitive espionage operation after arresting two men from Jammu and Kashmir’s Kupwara district for allegedly spying on behalf of Pakistani handlers. The arrests, made on November 21, have set off an extensive investigation into a suspected intelligence-gathering network active across strategic locations in the Northeast.

Posing As Clothes Sellers, Duo Moved Through Key Army Zones

The first arrest took place in Ganga village, where police apprehended Nazir Ahmad Malik. Interrogation of Malik led officers to Sabir Ahmed Mir, who was subsequently picked up from Abotani Colony. Both men had reportedly been moving through several parts of Arunachal Pradesh posing as clothes vendors — a disguise that enabled them to circulate through remote, high-security areas without raising immediate suspicion.

Investigators say the pair travelled repeatedly to sensitive border districts such as Kibitho, Anini, and Tezu, allegedly collecting classified information on Army deployments and movement patterns, as reported by India Today.

Encrypted Channel Used To Share Intelligence

According to police, the two had been transmitting intelligence to Pakistan through Al Aqsa, an encrypted Telegram channel believed to be operated by their handlers across the border. Officials revealed that Malik was in direct contact with these handlers, receiving detailed instructions on what information to gather, reported News18. Their April arrival this year reportedly marked the beginning of a fresh round of covert operations based on new directives.

Nazir is said to have admitted during questioning that he had been recruited by Mir in exchange for money. Devices recovered from the duo contained links to the Al Aqsa channel and digital traces of the alleged information relay system.

UAPA Case Filed As Police Track Wider Network

A case has now been filed under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA). Senior police officials told India Today that additional suspects have already been identified, and more arrests could follow once investigators corroborate the new leads. They emphasised that the case remains in its early stages and requires careful handling due to its national security implications.

Authorities are coordinating with intelligence and police units across multiple states to dismantle the suspected network. Police have also appealed for public cooperation, especially from communities in remote areas where the accused had been operating.

Go to Source

Hot this week

YouTube star Danny Go mourns heartbreaking loss of 14-year-old son Isaac

Image Via Instagram Danny Go has broken some very sad news to his fans because he recently revealed that his 14-year-old son Isaac passed away after suffering from cancer for quite some time now. Read More

After benches differ on UAPA bail, SC refers question to larger bench

NEW DELHI: After two benches of the Supreme Court differed over whether delay in trial can justify bail for those accused under UAPA, the apex court has now referred the issue to a large bench for authoritative pronouncement. Read More

Hizbul & Al Badr chiefs join ISI men at burial of Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan in Pakistan

NEW DELHI: Slain terror commander Hamza Burhan was buried in Rawalpindi on Friday morning in the presence of several top terror chiefs including Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin and Al Badr head Zameen Bakht besides ISI officials, visuals Read More

Smart border project with Pak, B’desh to ensure demography change attempt is defeated: Amit Shah

New Delhi: Declaring the Centre’s resolve to put an end to infiltration from across the eastern border, which it sees as a design to introduce unnatural demographic changes, Union home minister Amit Shah on Friday asked BSF to t Read More

Bobby Deol hid Aashram from his family over intimate scenes

Bobby Deol recently opened up about the struggles, insecurities, and comeback phase of his career while speaking to Shekhar Suman on his chat show. Read More

Topics

YouTube star Danny Go mourns heartbreaking loss of 14-year-old son Isaac

Image Via Instagram Danny Go has broken some very sad news to his fans because he recently revealed that his 14-year-old son Isaac passed away after suffering from cancer for quite some time now. Read More

After benches differ on UAPA bail, SC refers question to larger bench

NEW DELHI: After two benches of the Supreme Court differed over whether delay in trial can justify bail for those accused under UAPA, the apex court has now referred the issue to a large bench for authoritative pronouncement. Read More

Hizbul & Al Badr chiefs join ISI men at burial of Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan in Pakistan

NEW DELHI: Slain terror commander Hamza Burhan was buried in Rawalpindi on Friday morning in the presence of several top terror chiefs including Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin and Al Badr head Zameen Bakht besides ISI officials, visuals Read More

Smart border project with Pak, B’desh to ensure demography change attempt is defeated: Amit Shah

New Delhi: Declaring the Centre’s resolve to put an end to infiltration from across the eastern border, which it sees as a design to introduce unnatural demographic changes, Union home minister Amit Shah on Friday asked BSF to t Read More

Bobby Deol hid Aashram from his family over intimate scenes

Bobby Deol recently opened up about the struggles, insecurities, and comeback phase of his career while speaking to Shekhar Suman on his chat show. Read More

India, Cyprus upgrade ties, sign pact to counter terror

NEW DELHI: India and Cyprus upgraded their ties to a strategic partnership, launched a roadmap for defence cooperation and signed an MoU for establishing a joint working group on counterterrorism as PM Narendra Modi hosted President N Read More

Will bring back Sunali’s hubby, Centre tells SC

NEW DELHI: After bringing back a pregnant woman, Sunali, and her 8-yr-old son, the Centre Friday told the Supreme Court that it would bring back in 10 days four others, including her husband, from Bangladesh where they were deported b Read More

Rajya Sabha polls for 24 seats on June 18; Mallikarjun Kharge, HD Deve Gowda set to retire

New Delhi: Congress is set to go unrepresented from Gujarat in Rajya Sabha for the first time as Election Commission announced polls for 24 seats in the House on June 18. Read More

Related Articles