Saturday, November 29, 2025
15.1 C
New Delhi

‘Any Document Signed By Sleepy Joe’: Trump Scraps Biden-Era Orders, Says Autopen Signatures Void Them

In a dramatic escalation of his long-running criticism of Joe Biden’s presidency, US President Donald Trump on Friday declared that he is voiding every Executive Order and official document issued during Biden’s tenure that was not personally signed by the former president. The announcement, delivered through an extensive post on Truth Social, underscores the confrontational style Trump has adopted since returning to the Oval Office.

According to Trump, the bulk of Biden’s directives were not authentically signed by him. Instead, Trump alleged that “approximately 92% of them” were stamped using an autopen — a mechanical signature device commonly used for high-volume official paperwork. Trump claimed the practice was never lawfully authorised and therefore rendered the documents “of no further force or effect.”

Trump Accuses Biden of Evading Responsibility

In his post, Trump insisted that Biden had little involvement in the signing process and suggested possible legal consequences, writing that any denial by Biden could open him up to perjury allegations. The message follows a familiar pattern of Trump questioning Biden’s attention to and involvement in governmental duties.

Earlier this year, Trump took a public dig at his predecessor by unveiling a “Presidential Walk of Fame” outside the White House that showcased portraits of former presidents—except Biden. In his place stood an image of an autopen machine, a symbolic jab suggesting Biden was detached from decision-making.

Taking to Truth Social, Trump said: “Any document signed by Sleepy Joe Biden with the Autopen, which was approximately 92% of them, is hereby terminated, and of no further force or effect. The Autopen is not allowed to be used if approval is not specifically given by the President of the United States. The Radical Left Lunatics circling Biden around the beautiful Resolute Desk in the Oval Office took the Presidency away from him. I am hereby cancelling all Executive Orders, and anything else that was not directly signed by Crooked Joe Biden, because the people who operated the Autopen did so illegally.”

Autopen: A Tool With A Long Presidential History

Despite Trump’s criticism, the autopen has been a staple of US presidential administrations for more than a century. The device, which replicates signatures using real ink, has helped officials handle the vast volume of documents requiring authentication. Thomas Jefferson obtained an early version in 1803, and presidents including Gerald Ford, Lyndon B. Johnson, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama used the tool, as per US Today.

In 2011, Obama became the first president to use an autopen to sign legislation into law, a move that sparked debate but ultimately stood unquestioned in legal terms. Even Trump himself relied on the technology during his earlier term for routine correspondence.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Bomb threat grounds flights at Philadelphia airport: US FAA

Flights to Philadelphia International Airport were briefly halted on Friday after a bomb threat triggered an FAA ground stop, which was lifted about 30 minutes later once authorities confirmed there was no danger Go to Source Read More

Adiala Jail Placed Under High Security Amid Imran Khan Health Rumours, Threat Alerts | Exclusive

Authorities have set up new security check posts and deployed 2,500 more cops who have been equipped with real and rubber bullets, tear-gas launchers, shields & full anti-riot gear Go to Source Read More

Kash Patel Says Trump Dismissed FBI Removal Rumors Amid Media Buzz

Kash Patel, FBI Director since 2025, dismisses removal rumors, citing Donald Trump’s support and media speculation as proof of their effective work. Read More

Aneet Padda Dazzled In A Draped Corset Style Ensemble At Indian Of The Year Awards 2025

Aneet Padda and Ahaan Panday were awarded Gen Z Icons of the Year at CNN-News18’s IOTY 2025. Read More

Topics

Bomb threat grounds flights at Philadelphia airport: US FAA

Flights to Philadelphia International Airport were briefly halted on Friday after a bomb threat triggered an FAA ground stop, which was lifted about 30 minutes later once authorities confirmed there was no danger Go to Source Read More

Adiala Jail Placed Under High Security Amid Imran Khan Health Rumours, Threat Alerts | Exclusive

Authorities have set up new security check posts and deployed 2,500 more cops who have been equipped with real and rubber bullets, tear-gas launchers, shields & full anti-riot gear Go to Source Read More

Kash Patel Says Trump Dismissed FBI Removal Rumors Amid Media Buzz

Kash Patel, FBI Director since 2025, dismisses removal rumors, citing Donald Trump’s support and media speculation as proof of their effective work. Read More

Aneet Padda Dazzled In A Draped Corset Style Ensemble At Indian Of The Year Awards 2025

Aneet Padda and Ahaan Panday were awarded Gen Z Icons of the Year at CNN-News18’s IOTY 2025. Read More

Kerala Lottery Result Today, November 29, 2025 Live: Karunya KR-732 Winning Numbers

Kerala Lottery Result Today Live Updates, 29-11-2025: Here’s Guessing Numbers for Karunya KR-732 for Saturday, November 29. Check the full list of winning numbers from 3 pm. Read More

Hong Kong tragedy: Officials declare 3-day mourning period as toll hits 128; 8 more arrested in fire case

AP image Hong Kong on Saturday entered a three-day official mourning period for victims of the devastating fire at the Wang Fuk Court residential complex in Tai Po, as the death toll climbed to 128 and investigations widened. Read More

Trump and Maduro spoke on phone last week to discuss possible meeting: Report

The discussion came just days before the State Department’s designation of Maduro as the leader of what the administration labels a foreign terrorist organisation, the Cartel de los Soles, went into effect Go to Source Read More

Related Articles