Monday, May 18, 2026
33.1 C
New Delhi

Why didn’t Erika Kirk attend Vance’s event? Source says it was more than just ‘security concerns’

Why didn’t Erika Kirk attend JD Vance’s Turning Point USA event? Source says it was more than just ‘security concerns’

Questions are mounting over why Erika Kirk withdrew from a high-profile Turning Point USA event where she was due to appear alongside US vice president JD Vance, with sources cited by the Daily Mail suggesting the decision was driven by more than just security concerns.The 37-year-old widow had been scheduled to interview Vance at the University of Georgia on Tuesday at an event organised by her late husband’s conservative group. However, she failed to attend, with organisers citing “serious threats” to her safety.Insiders said the explanation only tells part of the story. According to a close confidant, Erika Kirk has been struggling under growing public scrutiny and online criticism in the months following her husband Charlie Kirk’s assassination last year.“She is aware of how she is coming across. She’s not stupid… she’s seen the online comments. She gets it. It hurts,” the source said.The backlash intensified recently after a viral video by comedian Druski mocked Kirk’s public appearances following her husband’s killing, using exaggerated expressions, makeup and fake tears.“The Druski video showed her what people thought of her. She’s really hurt that people are feeling this way about her, that they’re mocking her,” the insider added. They said her decision to withdraw from the event was influenced by multiple factors. “She pulled out of the TPUSA event because of a bunch of factors, I don’t think it was just security concerns,” the source said.“If there were security concerns, the Vice President wouldn’t have gone.”There were also rumours that low ticket sales could be the reason, a claim pushed by commentator Candace Owens. However, the insider said that was not the only reason.“It wasn’t just ticket sales either. It was a mental exhaustion of like, ‘nothing I do will be right, people will make fun,’ so she cancelled,” they said.Erika has remained in the public eye since the death of her husband, who was killed during an event at Utah Valley University in September by a sniper. In the immediate aftermath, she drew attention for publicly forgiving the alleged attacker.Some praised her resilience but others questioned whether her public appearances felt too soon or came across as performative as her husband had just died a few days ago. .“She says she was putting on a face, a brave face, and that’s why she was doing what she was doing,” the insider said.“I agree that it was a bad look. Everyone told her it was a bad look, but she did it anyway.”“I know she is mourning Charlie, we all are, but she just has a funny way of showing it.”“Do I think that she is mourning enough? That’s not for me to say.”“But do I think she’s coming across badly? Yes.”“That much is obvious and finally she’s starting to see how weird it all looked. That’s a good thing.”Her relationship with Vance has also drawn attention in the past. At an event in October, a month after her husband’s death, the two hugged for a long time on stage after she told the audience: “No one will ever replace my husband, but I do see some similarities of my husband in Vice President JD Vance.” The moment went viral and sparked debate online.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Riot Games removes Arcane song “Remember Me” featuring D4vd amid first-degree murder case

Getty Images Riot Games has reportedly removed the Arcane soundtrack song “Remember Me” from some of its official music platforms following the criminal case involving D4vd. Read More

Trump says he called off new Iran attack at request of Gulf states

The US president says he is holding off on a US attack planned for Tuesday as “serious negotiations are now taking place”. Read More

Topics

Riot Games removes Arcane song “Remember Me” featuring D4vd amid first-degree murder case

Getty Images Riot Games has reportedly removed the Arcane soundtrack song “Remember Me” from some of its official music platforms following the criminal case involving D4vd. Read More

Trump says he called off new Iran attack at request of Gulf states

The US president says he is holding off on a US attack planned for Tuesday as “serious negotiations are now taking place”. Read More

Judicial panel submits report on judge Varma

. NEW DELHI: The three-member committee headed by SC judge Aravind Kumar, which was looking into allegations of corruption against Allahabad HC judge Yashwant Varma, submitted its report to LS Speaker Om Birla Monday. Read More

West Bengal Govt Grants ED Sanction To Prosecute Ex-RG Kar Principal Sandip Ghosh

West Bengal govt allows ED to prosecute former RG Kar principal Sandip Ghosh over alleged financial irregularities and money laundering linked to the Abhaya rape murder case. Read More

Trump holds off strikes on Iran planned for Tuesday at Arab leaders’ request

Washington, May 19 (PTI): US President Donald Trump has said he was holding up fresh strikes at Iran at the request of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. Read More

Related Articles