Friday, May 22, 2026
39.1 C
New Delhi

Royal rift: King Charles boots Prince Andrew out of Windsor home, strips all titles over Epstein links

Royal rift: King Charles boots Prince Andrew out of Windsor home, strips all titles over Epstein links

King Charles boots Prince Andrew out of Windsor home, strips all titles

Britain’s King Charles has taken the extraordinary step of stripping his younger brother, Prince Andrew, of all his remaining titles and honours and ordering him to vacate his Windsor residence, Buckingham Palace announced on Thursday.The decision came after weeks of pressure on the palace. Earlier this month, Andrew gave up using the title Duke of York because of renewed attention on his friendship with the late sex offender and pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. The King has now gone a step further by removing the title of “prince,” which Andrew has had since he was born to the late Queen Elizabeth II.In a statement, the palace said that Andrew would no longer be known as a prince, but instead by his full name, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. It also confirmed that a formal notice had been served requiring him to surrender the lease of his mansion, Royal Lodge, within the Windsor Castle grounds. The Duke will be moved to alternative private accommodation.“These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him,” the palace said. “Their Majesties wish to make clear that their thoughts and utmost sympathies have been, and will remain with, the victims and survivors of any and all forms of abuse,” it added.” The announcement comes as new reports have deepened the row surrounding the 65-year-old royal. BBC investigations recently confirmed that Epstein, Ghislaine Maxwell and disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein were hosted at Royal Lodge during Princess Beatrice’s 18th birthday celebrations in 2006. The revelation is a major one because Epstein was already facing a US arrest warrant for sexual assault at the time.Epstein and Weinstein reportedly attended a small gathering on the lawn before joining the larger party at Windsor Castle. A photograph reportedly matched the trio to the Royal Lodge garden. Andrew has not commented on the claims.The Duke has been under fire for years over his friendship with Epstein, who died in jail in 2019 while awaiting trial for sex trafficking. Maxwell is serving a 20-year sentence in the United States for helping Epstein procure underage girls, while Weinstein has been convicted of multiple sexual assaults.Andrew stepped back from royal duties in 2019 after a disastrous BBC interview in which he defended his relationship with Epstein. He later settled a civil sexual assault case brought by Virginia Giuffre, who accused him of abusing her when she was a minor, though he continues to deny all allegations.

Go to Source

Hot this week

India successfully test-fires Agni-1 ballistic missile off Odisha coast

Agni-1 is a single-stage, solid-fuelled, road-mobile short-range ballistic missile with a strike range of 700–900 km. Read More

‘West wants to impose homosexuality on the rest of the world: Senegal PM’s makes shocking claim

Senegal’s government has defended its tougher anti-LGBTQ legislation amid growing criticism from international rights groups and activists, with Prime Minister Ousmane Sonko accusing Western countries of trying to “impose” Read More

Beat The Heatwave! 10 Frozen Treats With A Healthy Twist

Beat the heat with these refreshing, guilt-free frozen delights. These nutritious treats swap processed sugars for wholesome, vibrant, cooling ingredients. Read More

Dept of Space clears 2 new space hubs in Gujarat, TN to build rockets, payloads, launch ecosystem

Representational image In a bid to expand the space infrastructure in the country amid growing global competition in the sector, the Department of Space has approved setting up of common technical facilities (CTFs) in Gujarat and T Read More

‘With Your Cooperation…’: CM Samrat Choudhary Backs Vedanta Founder’s Call For Bihar Cricket Team

CM Samrat Choudhary vows “mission” mode support as Agarwal offers “unconditional” help to build Bihar cricket infrastructure. Read More

Topics

India successfully test-fires Agni-1 ballistic missile off Odisha coast

Agni-1 is a single-stage, solid-fuelled, road-mobile short-range ballistic missile with a strike range of 700–900 km. Read More

‘West wants to impose homosexuality on the rest of the world: Senegal PM’s makes shocking claim

Senegal’s government has defended its tougher anti-LGBTQ legislation amid growing criticism from international rights groups and activists, with Prime Minister Ousmane Sonko accusing Western countries of trying to “impose” Read More

Beat The Heatwave! 10 Frozen Treats With A Healthy Twist

Beat the heat with these refreshing, guilt-free frozen delights. These nutritious treats swap processed sugars for wholesome, vibrant, cooling ingredients. Read More

Dept of Space clears 2 new space hubs in Gujarat, TN to build rockets, payloads, launch ecosystem

Representational image In a bid to expand the space infrastructure in the country amid growing global competition in the sector, the Department of Space has approved setting up of common technical facilities (CTFs) in Gujarat and T Read More

‘With Your Cooperation…’: CM Samrat Choudhary Backs Vedanta Founder’s Call For Bihar Cricket Team

CM Samrat Choudhary vows “mission” mode support as Agarwal offers “unconditional” help to build Bihar cricket infrastructure. Read More

India Successfully Test-Fires ‘Agni-1’ Short-Range Ballistic Missile In Odisha

The test was carried out under the aegis of the Strategic Forces Command, said the Ministry of Defence. Read More

TCS Nashik Row: Cops File 1500-Page Chargesheet Against 4, Cite Proof Of Forced Religious Conversion

NCW flags PoSH lapses at TCS Nashik, orders all 127 TCS units to form separate Internal Committees and improve safeguards, as Nashik Police file a charge sheet against four accused Go to Source Read More

Jason Lewis makes comeback to social media

Over three years ago, actor Jason Lewis, who was best known for his work in ‘Sex and the City’, ‘If There Be Thorns’, and ‘Seeds of Yesterday’, stepped away from the public eye. Read More

Related Articles