Thursday, February 19, 2026
18.1 C
New Delhi

Indian trucker again behind US crash, killing 64-year-old? ‘Sukhdeep Singh caught and released in 2018’

Indian trucker again behind US crash, killing 64-year-old? 'Sukhdeep Singh caught and released in 2018'

A day after a 64-year-old man was killed in Indiana in a crash caused by a negligent truck driver who ran a red light, reports claimed that the truck driver had been identified as Singh Sukhdeep who received his commercial driver’s license from Indiana in May 2025. There has been no official confirmation about the driver’s identity. Fox News correspondent Bill Melugin claimed that federal sources confirmed that Singh was caught and released at the border in 2018 when he was a minor by the first Trump administration. Singh is now under ICe custody, Melugin claimed. The crash took place Wednesday on US 36 at the road’s intersection with County Road 525 East — involving three vehicles.

Multiple vehicle crash

A Freightliner semi-truck with a trailer was reportedly travelling eastbound on US 36 when it allegedly ran the red light at the intersection. The truck reportedly struck a Chevrolet truck travelling northbound. The Chevrolet struck a Chrysler that was in the left turn lane traveling westbound on US 36. The Chevrolet occupant, 64-year-old Terry Schultz, was pronounced dead at the scene. One driver was detained by ICE. No other details were revealed Wednesday. On Thursday, the Department of Homeland Security released a statement condemning the practise of giving illegal aliens driving licenses. “This tragedy comes less than two weeks after another illegal alien driving a semi truck killed four innocent people in Indiana,” the statement read. “It is incredibly dangerous for illegal aliens, who often don’t know our traffic laws or even English, to be operating semi-trucks on America’s roads. These tragedies are 100% preventable and we pray for the family and victim.”The incident came at a time when Indian-origin truck drivers in the US are on the radar and the Donald Trump administration blames the Biden administration for leniency in policy.

‘This is a national crisis’

Indiana senator Jim Banks responded to Melugin’s post and said it had become a national crisis. “Another life taken on Indiana roads by a semitruck driver who never should have been here or behind the wheel in the first place,” the senator wrote.”w many times are we going to see this same story happen again? It feels like every single week there is another family planning a funeral because illegals who can’t read our road signs and don’t follow our laws are allowed on our highways.””This is not bad luck. This is not just another accident. This is a national crisis! I am sick of it. We need real accountability and a major overhaul. I’m calling on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to investigate chameleon carrier networks in Indiana and will be introducing legislation to get unsafe, illegal drivers off our roads before another life is lost and another family gets destroyed,” the senator added.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Indian Navy likely to commission third indigenous N-powered submarine ‘by this summer’

INS Aridhaman NEW DELHI: India’s sea-based nuclear deterrent will be strengthened soon as the country’s third indigenous Arihant-class nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine (SSBN), INS Aridhaman (designated S4), is likely to b Read More

Rafale to make India stronger, willing to increase its indigenous content; ready to sell more submarines: Macron

Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron NEW DELHI: French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday said that Rafale fighter jets will boost India’s military strength and that he is comm Read More

DRDO conducts successful qualification test for Gaganyaan drogue parachute

DRDO parachute NEW DELHI: India’s maiden human spaceflight programme achieved a big boost with the successful qualification level load test of the drogue parachute for the Gaganyaan programme at DRDO’s Rail Track Rocket Sledge (RTR Read More

Shashi Tharoor calls The Kerala Story ‘hate-mongering’

Senior Congress MP Shashi Tharoor on Thursday criticised the makers of The Kerala Story 2 – Goes Beyond, alleging that the sequel — like its predecessor — promotes divisive narratives without factual basis and risks spreading hatred i Read More

Topics

Indian Navy likely to commission third indigenous N-powered submarine ‘by this summer’

INS Aridhaman NEW DELHI: India’s sea-based nuclear deterrent will be strengthened soon as the country’s third indigenous Arihant-class nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine (SSBN), INS Aridhaman (designated S4), is likely to b Read More

Rafale to make India stronger, willing to increase its indigenous content; ready to sell more submarines: Macron

Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron NEW DELHI: French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday said that Rafale fighter jets will boost India’s military strength and that he is comm Read More

DRDO conducts successful qualification test for Gaganyaan drogue parachute

DRDO parachute NEW DELHI: India’s maiden human spaceflight programme achieved a big boost with the successful qualification level load test of the drogue parachute for the Gaganyaan programme at DRDO’s Rail Track Rocket Sledge (RTR Read More

Shashi Tharoor calls The Kerala Story ‘hate-mongering’

Senior Congress MP Shashi Tharoor on Thursday criticised the makers of The Kerala Story 2 – Goes Beyond, alleging that the sequel — like its predecessor — promotes divisive narratives without factual basis and risks spreading hatred i Read More

‘I almost terminated him’: Why did Donald Trump say he wanted to fire US Secretary of State Marco Rubio?

US President Donald Trump joked about sharing the limelight with Secretary of State Marco Rubio and first lady Melania Trump at the inaugural meeting of his Board of Peace on February 19, 2026, in Washington, DC, as the body oversaw Read More

WATCH: Shehbaz Sharif ‘sidelined’ at Trump’s ‘Board of Peace’ meet as Pakistan falters on Gaza

Trump’s ‘Board of Peace’ meeting on Thursday highlighted Islamabad’s waning diplomatic influence, as leaders from dozens of countries were prominently featured in the new peace initiative while Sharif cut a lonely figure Go to Source Read More

Trump claims 200% tariff warning forced India and Pakistan to stop fighting

US President Donald Trump Thursday said he had threatened to put 200 per cent tariffs on India and Pakistan if they didn’t stop the fighting last summer, reiterating the claim that he stopped the war between the two nucleararmed neighbours. Read More

Related Articles