Monday, February 16, 2026
16.1 C
New Delhi

Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre memoir claims rape by ‘well-known Prime Minister’

Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre memoir claims rape by 'well-known Prime Minister'

Six months after her death by suicide in Australia, Virginia Giuffre’s posthumous memoir Nobody’s Girl has reignited the global scandal surrounding Jeffrey Epstein’s trafficking network — this time implicating an unnamed world leader and resurfacing scrutiny of disgraced royal Prince Andrew.

Driving the news

Published on Tuesday, the US edition of Nobody’s Girl contains Giuffre’s most disturbing account yet of her years in Epstein’s orbit. She wrote that she was “brutally beaten and raped” by a man she referred to as a “well-known Prime Minister.” In the UK edition, the same passage describes him instead as a “former minister.” No reason has been offered for the change.“In my years with them, they lent me out to scores of wealthy, powerful people. I was habitually used and humiliated – and in some instances, choked, beaten, and bloodied,” she wrote. “I believed that I might die a sex slave.”Describing an encounter on Epstein’s private Caribbean island, she said she was trafficked to a man who “raped me more savagely than anyone had before.” “He repeatedly choked me until I lost consciousness and took pleasure in seeing me fear for my life,” she wrote. “Horrifically, the Prime Minister laughed when he hurt me and got more aroused when I begged him to stop.” Giuffre said that afterward she “tearfully begged Epstein not to send me back to him,” only for Epstein to reply coldly: “You’ll get that sometimes.”

A transatlantic scandal deepens

The memoir’s publication threatens to further expose the network of power, money, and complicity that shielded Epstein and his associates. It also revives the scandal surrounding Prince Andrew, who Giuffre accused of sexually assaulting her when she was a teenager — allegations he continues to deny.Giuffre claimed that Andrew’s team had “tried to hire online trolls” to harass her during her civil case against him in New York. “After casting doubt on my credibility for so long – Prince Andrew’s team had even gone so far as to try to hire internet trolls to hassle me – the Duke of York owed me a meaningful apology as well,” she wrote of the 2022 settlement that reportedly cost him millions.The settlement followed years of damaging revelations, including the now-infamous 2019 BBC interview in which Andrew attempted to defend his relationship with Epstein — only to destroy his reputation in the process. In that interview, he claimed he had broken off all contact with Epstein in 2010. But newly surfaced emails show that in February 2011, Andrew wrote to Epstein: “It would seem we are in this together and will have to rise above it. Otherwise keep in close touch and we’ll play some more soon!!!!”

Virginia Giuffre Memoir

A copy of “Nobody’s Girl: A Memoir of Surviving Abuse and Fighting for Justice” by Virginia Roberts Giuffre is displayed on a shelf at a Barnes & Noble Booksellers store, Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2025, in Baltimore. (AP Photo/Stephanie Scarbrough)

A royal reckoning

Amid renewed outrage, Andrew last week announced that he would relinquish his royal and military titles and no longer be known as the Duke of York, though he will retain the title of “prince” as the late Queen Elizabeth II’s son. The decision was widely seen as an attempt to end years of public disgrace and protect the monarchy’s image. But Nobody’s Girl has ensured that the scandal remains far from over.

Why it matters

The Epstein saga continues to haunt Western political and royal institutions. Giuffre’s death and the shocking allegations in her memoir have reignited public anger at the way power insulated men accused of exploitation. The mention of a “Prime Minister” — even without a name — will send shockwaves through political and legal circles on both sides of the Atlantic, raising questions about who in Epstein’s circle still remains untouchable.

The big picture

Giuffre’s death in April this year was ruled a suicide by Australian authorities. She was 41.

  • Nobody’s Girl chronicles her years as a trafficking victim, her legal battles, and her public campaign for justice.
  • The book’s release comes as US lawmakers reopen inquiries into Epstein’s network, following the release of previously sealed court documents earlier this year.
  • The Metropolitan Police in London confirmed it is “actively looking into” reports that Prince Andrew asked a bodyguard to dig up dirt on Giuffre in 2011.

For Buckingham Palace, the publication could not have come at a worse time. While Andrew hoped his withdrawal from public life might draw a line under the scandal, Giuffre’s final words have instead redrawn it — sharper, darker, and closer to power than ever before. Go to Source

Hot this week

India must use AI to make governance efficient, citizen-centric: Anthropic CEO

Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei BENGALURU: Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei said even as artificial intelligence technology produces great value, it will also bring big economic turmoil. Read More

Bertie Carvel REACTS to Baelor’s death in ‘AKOTSK’

Actor Bertie Carvel has opened up about portraying Prince Baelor “Breakspear” Targaryen and the pivotal moment in episode 4 and 5, when the prince volunteers to fight for Ser Duncan the Tall in ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms Read More

Neena Gupta says Vivian Richards agreed to her having Masaba

Veteran actor Neena Gupta has revealed that former West Indies cricketer Vivian Richards had agreed to her decision to have his child, but she chose not to take any financial assistance from him while raising their daughter, Masaba Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

Topics

India must use AI to make governance efficient, citizen-centric: Anthropic CEO

Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei BENGALURU: Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei said even as artificial intelligence technology produces great value, it will also bring big economic turmoil. Read More

Bertie Carvel REACTS to Baelor’s death in ‘AKOTSK’

Actor Bertie Carvel has opened up about portraying Prince Baelor “Breakspear” Targaryen and the pivotal moment in episode 4 and 5, when the prince volunteers to fight for Ser Duncan the Tall in ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms Read More

Neena Gupta says Vivian Richards agreed to her having Masaba

Veteran actor Neena Gupta has revealed that former West Indies cricketer Vivian Richards had agreed to her decision to have his child, but she chose not to take any financial assistance from him while raising their daughter, Masaba Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

Mark Carney Leads Push To Form Major Trade Bloc As Trump Threatens Canada With Tariffs: Report

Canada is leading talks to link the European Union and CPTPP, aiming for a new trading bloc of 1.5 billion people. Read More

Mark Carney Leads Push To Form Major Trade Bloc As Trump Threatens Canada With Tariffs: Report

Canada is leading talks to link the European Union and CPTPP, aiming for a new trading bloc of 1.5 billion people. Read More

First Class X Board exam must under 2-test system, says CBSE

Representational image NEW DELHI: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has clarified it will be mandatory for all Class X students to appear in the first board examination under the new two-board exam system to be rolled Read More

Related Articles