Thursday, February 19, 2026
16.1 C
New Delhi

ED busts Rs 130 crore illegal call centre scam targeting US citizens; freezes 30 bank accounts, seizes 8 luxury cars- See pics

ED busts Rs 130 crore illegal call centre scam targeting US citizens; freezes 30 bank accounts, seizes 8 luxury cars- See pics

NEW DELHI: The Directorate of Enforcement (ED), Gurugram Zonal Office, busted a scam where a group of youngsters started illegal call centers and cheated US citizens for more than $15 million (over Rs 130 crore) in just 2-3 years.On Wednesday, the ED carried out search operations at seven locations in Gurugram and New Delhi, under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002, in connection with an ongoing probe into an illegal call centre scam.The ED’s investigation has so far identified three key individuals: Arjun Gulati, Divyansh Goel, and Abhinav Kalra. These individuals are accused of running illegal call centres in Noida and Gurugram, masquerading as technical support providers to deceive their victims, ED said on Saturday in a statement. The accused allegedly gained unauthorized access to the victims’ bank accounts, transferring funds to multiple foreign accounts before routing them back to India through a complex web of transactions involving over 200 bank accounts. The investigation has uncovered that the accused defrauded victims of approximately US$ 15 million (Rs 1,30,95,89,601) during November 2022 to April 2024.During the search operations, the ED found various incriminating documents and digital records, providing crucial insights into the fraud’s modus operandi, which were seized also. Statements from key individuals involved in the cyber scam have been recorded. Additionally, 30 bank accounts linked to the accused have been frozen, and authorities have seized eight luxury cars and numerous high-value luxury watches. The accused are reported to have lived in opulent homes, allegedly purchased with the proceeds of their illegal activities, and have acquired assets worth over Rs. 100 crore.See photo:

Pics of Lavish Houses of the suspected persons & High Value vehicles and watches

The investigation was initiated on the basis of an FIR registered by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), IOD, Delhi, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and the Information Technology Act, 2000. The FIR alleged that unknown accused persons, in criminal conspiracy with one another, had been operating illegal call centres in New Delhi and adjoining areas with the intent of defrauding victims—mainly United States nationals—through technology support scams between November 2022 and April 2024.

Go to Source

Hot this week

India should ban social media for U-15: Macron; keep AI child-safe: PM

Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with French President Emmanuel Macron. PM Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday spoke on the need to shield children from the harms of AI and social media. Read More

DGCA audited Ajit plane operator VSR, 50 others in 2025: Govt

Ajit Pawar died in a plane crash on Jan 28 MUMBAI: DGCA carried out 51 regulatory audits of non-scheduled operators (aircraft charter companies) in 2025, govt said Thursday, adding that all findings arising from those inspections ha Read More

Released But Not Relieved: Andrew Leaves Police Custody ‘Under Investigation’ In Epstein Files Fallout

The former prince allegedly shared sensitive, non-public government reports with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein Go to Source Read More

Terror, new challenges need all navies to join hands, says Rajnath

Rajnath Singh at ‘MILAN 2026’ Visakhapatnam: Defence minister Rajnath Singh urged global powers to confront fast-evolving, intertwined maritime risks through cooperation rooted in respect and reciprocity, as India opene Read More

Uttarakhand HC scraps appointment of power corp MD

Uttarakhand HC Dehradun: Uttarakhand HC has set aside the appointment of the managing director of Power Transmission Corporation of Uttarakhand Ltd (PTCUL), holding that the mandatory educational qualification under Selection and Ap Read More

Topics

India should ban social media for U-15: Macron; keep AI child-safe: PM

Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with French President Emmanuel Macron. PM Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday spoke on the need to shield children from the harms of AI and social media. Read More

DGCA audited Ajit plane operator VSR, 50 others in 2025: Govt

Ajit Pawar died in a plane crash on Jan 28 MUMBAI: DGCA carried out 51 regulatory audits of non-scheduled operators (aircraft charter companies) in 2025, govt said Thursday, adding that all findings arising from those inspections ha Read More

Released But Not Relieved: Andrew Leaves Police Custody ‘Under Investigation’ In Epstein Files Fallout

The former prince allegedly shared sensitive, non-public government reports with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein Go to Source Read More

Terror, new challenges need all navies to join hands, says Rajnath

Rajnath Singh at ‘MILAN 2026’ Visakhapatnam: Defence minister Rajnath Singh urged global powers to confront fast-evolving, intertwined maritime risks through cooperation rooted in respect and reciprocity, as India opene Read More

Uttarakhand HC scraps appointment of power corp MD

Uttarakhand HC Dehradun: Uttarakhand HC has set aside the appointment of the managing director of Power Transmission Corporation of Uttarakhand Ltd (PTCUL), holding that the mandatory educational qualification under Selection and Ap Read More

Shia LaBeouf accused shouting homophobic slurs: Police

In this photo provided by entertainer Jeffrey Damnit, actor Shia LaBeouf is taken into police custody in New Orleans on Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2026, after allegedly hitting multiple people outside a bar. Read More

Kota man arrested for threatening to shoot Rahul, 25 Cong MPs in video posted online

Rahul Gandhi Kota: A man was arrested Thursday in Rajasthan’s Kota for allegedly threatening to shoot leader of opposition Rahul Gandhi and 25 other Congress MPs in a video he posted online, citing their alleged verbal abuse o Read More

Mahua Moitra moves Delhi HC against order denying shared custody of pet

Mahua Moitra NEW DELHI: TMC MP Mahua Moitra moved Delhi high court on Thursday, challenging a district court order refusing to grant her shared custody of a pet Rottweiler called Henry. Read More

Related Articles