Wednesday, May 20, 2026
43.1 C
New Delhi

Satish Shah’s REAL cause of death revealed

Satish Shah's REAL cause of death revealed: ‘Sarabhai vs Sarabhai’ co-star says he did NOT pass away due to kidney failure

Comedian-actor Satish Shah passed away on 25 October in Mumbai, leaving his fans and co-stars deeply heartbroken. While initial reports claimed that the veteran actor died due to kidney failure, his ‘Sarabhai vs Sarabhai’ co-star Rajesh Kumar has now clarified that the real cause of demise was a sudden heart attack.

Early reports suggested kidney failure as cause

The news of Satish Shah’s passing was first confirmed by filmmaker Ashoke Pandit, who took to social media to share the heartbreaking update. He wrote, “Sad and shocked to inform you that our dear friend and a great actor, Satish Shah has expired a few hours ago due to kidney failure. He was rushed to Hinduja Hospital, where he breathed his last. A great loss to our industry. Om Shanti.”Pandit’s post quickly spread across social media, with many believing that Shah had succumbed to kidney-related complications. However, now Rajesh Kumar came forward to clear the air about what really caused the beloved actor’s passing.

Rajesh Kumar reveals the real cause of passing

In an interview with Bollywood Hungama, Rajesh Kumar, who played Rosesh Sarabhai, Satish Shah’s on-screen son in ‘Sarabhai vs Sarabhai’, revealed that the veteran actor did not pass away due to kidney failure.He shared, “I can’t tell you how emotional these last 24–25 hours have been. It’s very difficult to even express it. But I do want to clarify a few things about Satishji’s passing. Yes, he did have a kidney issue, but he actually passed away due to a heart attack.”Rajesh further explained how the tragic incident unfolded, “He was at home, having lunch, and then he just… passed away. I wanted to clarify this because some reports are saying it was due to kidney problems. The kidney issue had already been dealt with; it was under control. Unfortunately, it was a sudden cardiac arrest that took him away.”

Rajesh Kumar’s bong with late Satish Shah

In a chat with Etimes, Rajesh Kumar reflected on his long and emotional bond with Satish Shah, sharing that their relationship went beyond just being co-stars. He said, “His work reflected his real self. Every character he portrayed had shades of the real Satish Shah full of emotion, humour, and strength. It’s a personal loss I’ve never felt before in my career. I’ve been part of this industry for over 25 years, and for 21 of those, Satishji was a constant.”Rajesh added that his professional journey was deeply connected to the late actor, “Ninety percent of my professional journey is intertwined with him. I always looked forward to his company, and we constantly sought opportunities to work together.”

Satish Shah continued working despite health issues

Recalling their last project together, Rajesh shared how Satish Shah remained passionate about work even when his health was declining. He explained, “The last time was during an ad shoot where both Ratnaji and he were present. I sensed his health was declining, but he was still full of energy, never once using illness as an excuse.”

Bollywood fraternity attends the prayer meet in Mumbai

Following his funeral and last rites, Satish Shah’s family organised a prayer meet in Mumbai to pay tribute to the late actor. The ceremony was held at Jalaram Hall in Juhu and saw a large number of celebrities coming together to honour his memory.Among those who attended included director David Dhawan, actor and politician Shatrughan Sinha, Johnny Lever and his family, Paresh Ganatra, Deven Bhojani, Sumeet Raghvan and his family, Rajesh Kumar, Divya Dutta, Nitish Bharadwaj, Supriya Pilgaonkar, and Poonam Dhillon, among many others. Go to Source

Hot this week

India, a nation of sporting moments, not yet a sporting culture

There are different stories from different sports. Yet the same emotion runs through all. The feeling that Indian sport still values athletes selectively. Read More

‘A new name for working class’: Internet erupts over StanChart CEO’s ‘lower-value human’ remark

Standard Chartered Standard Chartered’s plan to cut nearly 7,800 jobs globally by 2030 has triggered a fierce backlash online after CEO Bill Winters described some roles as “lower-value human capital” while outlining the bank’s AI-dr Read More

Chouara Tannery in Fez: The oldest and smelliest leather-making site in Morocco

In the old quarter of Medina Fez, the smell reaches you before the view does. Read More

Shanghai restaurant attack: Two Japanese nationals among three stabbed, China says ‘isolated incident’

Three people, including two Japanese nationals, were injured in a knife attack at a restaurant in Shanghai on Tuesday, according to Chinese authorities. The third injured person is a Chinese citizen. Read More

UAE says drones targeting Barakah nuclear facility were launched from Iraq

The United Arab Emirates has confirmed that the recent drone strikes targeting its Barakah nuclear power plant originated from Iraq, pointing to the likely involvement of Iran-backed militias. Read More

Topics

India, a nation of sporting moments, not yet a sporting culture

There are different stories from different sports. Yet the same emotion runs through all. The feeling that Indian sport still values athletes selectively. Read More

‘A new name for working class’: Internet erupts over StanChart CEO’s ‘lower-value human’ remark

Standard Chartered Standard Chartered’s plan to cut nearly 7,800 jobs globally by 2030 has triggered a fierce backlash online after CEO Bill Winters described some roles as “lower-value human capital” while outlining the bank’s AI-dr Read More

Chouara Tannery in Fez: The oldest and smelliest leather-making site in Morocco

In the old quarter of Medina Fez, the smell reaches you before the view does. Read More

Shanghai restaurant attack: Two Japanese nationals among three stabbed, China says ‘isolated incident’

Three people, including two Japanese nationals, were injured in a knife attack at a restaurant in Shanghai on Tuesday, according to Chinese authorities. The third injured person is a Chinese citizen. Read More

UAE says drones targeting Barakah nuclear facility were launched from Iraq

The United Arab Emirates has confirmed that the recent drone strikes targeting its Barakah nuclear power plant originated from Iraq, pointing to the likely involvement of Iran-backed militias. Read More

What Is Trump’s $1.8 Billion ‘Anti-Weaponization’ Fund, And Why Is It Under Fire In US?

The fund emerged from a settlement tied to Trump’s lawsuit against the IRS over leaked tax returns and is meant to compensate alleged victims of government ‘weaponization’. Read More

GK: Which Indian State Houses The World’s Largest All-Women Market?

Located in the heart of the capital city, Imphal, this extraordinary marketpolace is known as Ima Keithel. Read More

Got Leftover Apples? Make This Sweet-And-Tangy Apple Chutney In Just 5 Minutes

This quick homemade apple chutney is packed with flavour, needs basic pantry ingredients, and pairs beautifully with parathas, dosas, chapatis, or puris. Read More

Related Articles