Wednesday, May 20, 2026
40.1 C
New Delhi

‘Marshal’: Karthi’s film shoot halted after technician dies in fall

'Marshal': Karthi's film shoot halted after technician dies in fall, the gangster drama shaken by tragedy

Tragedy struck the sets of Karthi’s upcoming gangster film ‘Marshal’ in Sivagangai district, Tamil Nadu, as a technician tragically died after a fall from a wedding hall roof. The shooting has been halted following the unfortunate incident, which has deeply shocked the film crew. Investigations are underway, and safety measures are being reviewed.

Karthi is next working on a film titled ‘Marshal’, and he joined hands with director Tamizh of ‘Taanaakaran’ fame. The shooting of the film was happening in the Sivagangai district in Tamil Nadu, and it halted due to an unfortunate accident.

Crew shocked as drunken fall claims life of technician

As per Daily Thanthi, Ayyanathan (40) from Ilayankudi, Sivagangai district, died after falling from the roof of the wedding hall where he was staying on the Pudukkottai shooting set of actor Karthi’s film ‘Marshal’. He was reportedly drunk. The accident, which occurred in the early hours of the morning, caused great shock on the set. The fact that he died on the spot after falling shocked the staff and crew. The police immediately conducted an investigation and sent his mortal remains to the Pudukkottai Government Medical College Hospital for an autopsy.

Safety easures under review

The shooting was immediately halted due to this tragic incident. It is also reported that the entire crew was in a state of mental distress. The shooting of ‘Marshal’ has been going on at a brisk pace recently, with important scenes now being shot. But this unexpected death disrupted the normal working atmosphere of the film crew. The police and the production team are separately reviewing the security arrangements.

Period gangster drama aims to recreate 1960s

‘Marshal’ starring Karthi and Kalyani Priyadarshan in the lead roles, is a period gangster film. Sathyaraj, Prabhu, Lal, John Kokken, Eswari Rao, and many others play important roles. The film is being made on a big budget to recreate the atmosphere of the 1960s. Sai Abhyankkar is composing the music, while Sathyan Sooryan is handling the cinematography. The film crew had previously stated that the film, which will be released in five languages, is being made to clearly convey the spirit of that era to the audience.

Viral 1960s look of Karthi heightens expectations

The film crew, which has completed the first phase in Chennai, is currently shooting the second phase in places around Sivagangai, Pudukottai, and Rameshwaram. Karthi’s tough 1960s gangster look has gone viral on the internet in recent days, raising fans’ expectations many times over. This tragic incident during the shoot, which was going on with great enthusiasm, has left everyone shaken. However, it is expected that filming will resume after the investigation is completed. Go to Source

Hot this week

Iran: Internet Access Becoming A Costly Privilege Reserved For Few

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom The measure aims to aid economic activity amid prolonged shutdowns. Read More

PM Modi To Chair NDA Govt’s Midterm Review Meet On May 21, Ministries To Present Report Cards

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom PM Modi to chair Council of Ministers meeting on May 21. Meeting will review ministry performance based on four parameters. Read More

Trump jokes he could run for Israel PM, claims ‘99 per cent support’ in country

The political crisis in Israel deepened after an ultra-Orthodox ally abandoned Netanyahu’s coalition over military conscription exemptions, backing moves that could force Israel into snap elections as early as September. Read More

Will US bury $14-bn arms package promised to Taiwan after talks with Xi? Trump says ‘will speak’ to President Lai

President Trump has said he will speak with Taiwanese President Lai Ching-te before finalising a proposed $14-billion arms deal, as concerns grow over the impact of his recent talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping Go to Source Read More

Why Asim Munir Picked Brother-In-Law Mohsin Naqvi For High-Stakes US-Iran Mission | Exclusive

The strategic genius of this operation lies in the ‘Dual-Track’ framework devised by the DNA of the Pakistani military establishment Go to Source Read More

Topics

Iran: Internet Access Becoming A Costly Privilege Reserved For Few

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom The measure aims to aid economic activity amid prolonged shutdowns. Read More

PM Modi To Chair NDA Govt’s Midterm Review Meet On May 21, Ministries To Present Report Cards

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom PM Modi to chair Council of Ministers meeting on May 21. Meeting will review ministry performance based on four parameters. Read More

Trump jokes he could run for Israel PM, claims ‘99 per cent support’ in country

The political crisis in Israel deepened after an ultra-Orthodox ally abandoned Netanyahu’s coalition over military conscription exemptions, backing moves that could force Israel into snap elections as early as September. Read More

Will US bury $14-bn arms package promised to Taiwan after talks with Xi? Trump says ‘will speak’ to President Lai

President Trump has said he will speak with Taiwanese President Lai Ching-te before finalising a proposed $14-billion arms deal, as concerns grow over the impact of his recent talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping Go to Source Read More

Why Asim Munir Picked Brother-In-Law Mohsin Naqvi For High-Stakes US-Iran Mission | Exclusive

The strategic genius of this operation lies in the ‘Dual-Track’ framework devised by the DNA of the Pakistani military establishment Go to Source Read More

Rosenberg: Putin enjoys Xi’s Chinese welcome but heads home without pipeline deal

Russia is keen to push ahead with plans for a new pipeline, Power of Siberia 2, and had hoped for progress in Beijing. Read More

Far-right Israeli minister condemned for taunting handcuffed Gaza flotilla activists

In the afternoon, Ben-Gvir – an ultra-nationalist who, as national security minister, oversees Israel’s police force – posted a video on social media, captioned “Welcome to Israel”. Read More

Ebola vaccine could take nine months as death toll rise further, WHO warns

In its latest update, the World Health Organization says there have now been 139 suspected deaths and 600 cases. Read More

Related Articles