Saturday, May 23, 2026
34.1 C
New Delhi

D4vd found in possession of child pornography

D4vd found in possession of child pornography; evidence against singer in killing of Celeste Rivas Hernandez to be revealed in court

Lawyers for singer D4vd insisted Thursday on forcing prosecutors to show what evidence they have, and a judge set a hearing for next week for them to lay it out publicly in the killing and dismemberment of Celeste Rivas Hernandez.The 21-year-old whose legal name is David Burke appeared in a small Los Angeles courtroom in orange jail clothes sitting next to his attorneys, exactly one year after authorities say Rivas Hernandez, a 14-year-old from Lake Elsinore, California, was last known to be alive.

D4vd makes court appearance

Burke was brought into court wearing handcuffs that were removed when he sat. He spoke only to say “yes, ma’am” to a procedural question from Superior Court Judge Charlaine F. Olmedo, who set the four-to-five-day preliminary evidentiary hearing to start May 1. She will determine whether there is probable cause to send Burke to trial.

Child pornography found on D4vd’s phone

Deputy District Attorney Beth Silverman said a search of Burke’s iPhone had revealed “a significant amount of child pornography.” She gave no details about the imagery, including whether it involved the dead girl. The prosecution will take time to share child sex abuse images taken from Burke’s phone with a warrant that must be handled sensitively. “I cannot turn that type of materials over,” Silverman said.Silverman said the evidence includes the contents of his phone and iCloud accounts, items seized from many search warrants and a huge amount of forensic material. And it includes witness testimony given to three different grand juries, whose existence she confirmed for the first time publicly Thursday.

D4vd’s hearing to be advanced

But she said the prosecution is fine with working on an incredibly tight timeline for the hearing, which usually comes many months after defendants are arrested and charged.”We’ll be ready,” she said.”Today it’s been exactly one year since the death of Celeste,” the prosecutor said. “We’re eager to set this case for trial.”Burke was arrested on April 16 and pleaded not guilty Monday to first-degree murder, lewd and lascivious acts with a person under 14 and mutilating a dead body.

D4vd’s team confident that evidence will prove innocence

His lawyers spoke only about the exchange of evidence at Thursday’s hearing and declined to comment outside court. But at his arraignment, defense attorney Blair Berk told a judge, “We believe the actual evidence will show David Burke did not murder Celeste Rivas Hernandez.”In a rare move, the singer is exercising his right in California to have the preliminary evidence hearing within 10 court days of his arraignment. It is not entirely clear why his lawyers are pursuing the strategy. Berk said in court previously that with all the secret evidence gathered in the case, they simply want it seen.

Celeste Rivas death

The body of Rivas Hernandez, with the head and arms cut off, was found in two bags in a seemingly abandoned Tesla registered to Burke that was towed from the Hollywood Hills while he was on tour.In an autopsy report unsealed Wednesday, the LA County Medical Examiner determined that she died from two penetrating wounds to her upper body. The decomposing body made the examination difficult. Investigators did not determine how she got the wounds, and no weapon was recovered, the report said.Prosecutors allege Burke had been sexually abusing Rivas Hernandez for at least a year starting when she was 13; killed her on or around April 23, 2025, after she threatened to report the relationship; and dismembered her body about two weeks later.

Celeste Rivas’ parents issue statem

The girl’s parents, Jesus Rivas and Mercedes Martinez, made their first public statement in the case on Tuesday, calling their daughter “a beautiful, strong girl who loved to sing and dance” and saying “All we want is justice for Celeste.”D4vd, pronounced “David,” gained popularity among young fans for his blend of indie rock, R&B and lo-fi pop. He went viral on TikTok in 2022 with the hit “Romantic Homicide,” which peaked at No. 4 on Billboard’s Hot Rock & Alternative Songs chart. He released his debut EP “Petals to Thorns” and a follow-up, “The Lost Petals,” in 2023. His debut full-length album, “Withered,” was released in 2025. Go to Source

Hot this week

US, Iran move closer to 60-day ceasefire extension: What’s in the deal

The United States and Iran are moving closer towards extending their fragile ceasefire by another 60 days, with mediators working on an interim agreement that could create the framework for wider negotiations on Tehran’s nuclear progra Read More

Is United States on verge of a Maduro-like military intervention in Cuba?

The United States under President Donald Trump is intensifying pressure on Cuba in ways that analysts say increasingly resemble Washington’s approach towards Venezuela before the dramatic January operation that removed Venezuelan Presi Read More

‘Reprehensible Actions’: France Bans Israeli Security Minister Ben Gvir From Country

France bans Israeli minister Itamar Ben-Gvir from entering, citing reprehensible actions against a Gaza aid flotilla, Ben-Gvir condemns the move amid rising Israel Europe tensions Go to Source Read More

‘No Power Can Stop’: India To Become Biggest Exporter Of Arms In 25-30 Years, Says Rajnath Singh

Rajnath Singh inaugurates Shirdi ammunition plant, says India can become top defence exporter in 25 to 30 years, targets 50 percent private sector role in defence manufacturing Go to Source Read More

Quote of the day by Reese Witherspoon

More often than not we always take life as something that needs to be perfect. Read More

Topics

US, Iran move closer to 60-day ceasefire extension: What’s in the deal

The United States and Iran are moving closer towards extending their fragile ceasefire by another 60 days, with mediators working on an interim agreement that could create the framework for wider negotiations on Tehran’s nuclear progra Read More

Is United States on verge of a Maduro-like military intervention in Cuba?

The United States under President Donald Trump is intensifying pressure on Cuba in ways that analysts say increasingly resemble Washington’s approach towards Venezuela before the dramatic January operation that removed Venezuelan Presi Read More

‘Reprehensible Actions’: France Bans Israeli Security Minister Ben Gvir From Country

France bans Israeli minister Itamar Ben-Gvir from entering, citing reprehensible actions against a Gaza aid flotilla, Ben-Gvir condemns the move amid rising Israel Europe tensions Go to Source Read More

‘No Power Can Stop’: India To Become Biggest Exporter Of Arms In 25-30 Years, Says Rajnath Singh

Rajnath Singh inaugurates Shirdi ammunition plant, says India can become top defence exporter in 25 to 30 years, targets 50 percent private sector role in defence manufacturing Go to Source Read More

Quote of the day by Reese Witherspoon

More often than not we always take life as something that needs to be perfect. Read More

‘Foreigners Are Not Safe’: Fear Grows As Xenophobic Attacks Rise In South Africa

As attacks on migrants resurface in parts of South Africa, critics are questioning whether the government’s response to xenophobia is working. Read More

Supreme Court To Hear Suo Motu Case On Twisha Sharma Death Amid Questions Over Probe

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom Supreme Court to review actor’s death amid investigation concerns. Family alleges dowry harassment; husband denies, claims suicide. Read More

Who Is Samarth Singh, The Lawyer At The Centre Of Twisha Sharma Death Investigation?

A Bhopal court on Saturday sent Samarth Singh, the husband of model and actor Twisha Sharma, to seven days of police custody in connection with her death case. Read More

Related Articles