Saturday, February 21, 2026
24.1 C
New Delhi

Secret Service Arrests Indiana Woman Who Posted Death Threats Against Trump

Curated By :

Last Updated:

As a result of these threats, the US District Court has charged Jones with multiple offences.

font

The Department of Justice confirmed the ongoing investigation (Instagram/nath.jones)

The Department of Justice confirmed the ongoing investigation (Instagram/nath.jones)

On August 16, a 50-year-old woman from Indiana was arrested in Washington, D.C., after making violent threats against former President Donald Trump on social media. The woman, identified as Nathalie Rose Jones, now faces serious federal charges, the Department of Justice revealed in a press statement.

Authorities say Jones was apprehended while attending a protest event in the nation’s capital. According to court filings, she had already drawn the attention of the US Secret Service due to a series of disturbing online posts targeting Trump.

Recommended Stories

One of her most alarming messages, dated August 6, was posted to Facebook. In it, she allegedly wrote, “Literally told FBI in five states today that I am willing to sacrificially kill this POTUS by disemboweling him and cutting out his trachea.” Other posts made on Instagram reportedly called for Trump’s removal from office, labelled him a “terrorist,” and described his presidency as a “dictatorship.”

Jones voluntarily spoke with Secret Service agents. During the interview, she allegedly referred to Trump as a “terrorist” and “Nazi,” and stated that if given the chance, she would kill him “at the compound.” She also claimed to possess a “bladed object” to “carry out her mission of killing” Trump, which she said was to “avenge all the lives lost during the Covid-19 pandemic.”

As a result of these threats, the US District Court has charged Jones with multiple offences. These include threatening to take the life of, kidnap, or inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, as well as transmitting threats to kidnap or injure another person.

In a press release, the Department of Justice confirmed the ongoing investigation, led by the US Secret Service. Authorities also stated that Jones admitted to being the owner of the Facebook account from which the threatening posts originated.

US Attorney Jeanine Pirro commented on the case, emphasising its severity, “Threatening the life of the President is one of the most serious crimes and one that will be met with swift and unwavering prosecution. Make no mistake—justice will be served.”

If convicted, Jones could face significant prison time under federal law.

News world Secret Service Arrests Indiana Woman Who Posted Death Threats Against Trump
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Loading comments…

Read More

Go to Source

Hot this week

Kerala Blasters’ first ISL 2025-26 home match in doubt after Kochi stadium row forces media to vacate press room

In another embarrassing episode for the Indian football, the media personnel were forced to vacate the press room in the Kochi stadium due to rent dispute between Kerala Blasters and the stadium authorities. Read More

How Iran is preparing for a US strike as nuclear talks continue

As US-Iran nuclear talks inch forward, Tehran is simultaneously fortifying nuclear sites, deploying forces near the Strait of Hormuz, and tightening internal security. Read More

Ramadan 2026: Top 8 Iftar Desserts From The Middle East

Ramadan 2026: Beyond the savoury staples, Middle Eastern desserts provide the essential sweetness and energy needed to rejuvenate the fasting soul. Read More

Recurrent miscarriages: A medical expert gives a perspective

– Recurrent miscarriages can be deeply distressing for couples trying to conceive, often leaving them searching for answers and hope. Read More

‘Went In With Hope But…’ Gorakhpur Cataract Camp Turns Catastrophic As 9 Lose Eyes, 9 Left Blind

What was meant to be a routine procedure left nine people blind in one eye & nine others without an eye altogether as a severe bacterial infection spread within 24 hours of surgery Go to Source Read More

Topics

Kerala Blasters’ first ISL 2025-26 home match in doubt after Kochi stadium row forces media to vacate press room

In another embarrassing episode for the Indian football, the media personnel were forced to vacate the press room in the Kochi stadium due to rent dispute between Kerala Blasters and the stadium authorities. Read More

How Iran is preparing for a US strike as nuclear talks continue

As US-Iran nuclear talks inch forward, Tehran is simultaneously fortifying nuclear sites, deploying forces near the Strait of Hormuz, and tightening internal security. Read More

Ramadan 2026: Top 8 Iftar Desserts From The Middle East

Ramadan 2026: Beyond the savoury staples, Middle Eastern desserts provide the essential sweetness and energy needed to rejuvenate the fasting soul. Read More

Recurrent miscarriages: A medical expert gives a perspective

– Recurrent miscarriages can be deeply distressing for couples trying to conceive, often leaving them searching for answers and hope. Read More

‘Went In With Hope But…’ Gorakhpur Cataract Camp Turns Catastrophic As 9 Lose Eyes, 9 Left Blind

What was meant to be a routine procedure left nine people blind in one eye & nine others without an eye altogether as a severe bacterial infection spread within 24 hours of surgery Go to Source Read More

UAE launches pioneering gene therapy to treat autism and rare brain disorders in children

UAE breaks new ground in children’s healthcare with cutting-edge gene therapy initiatives / AI Image The UAE has officially entered a new era of “precision medicine. Read More

Hong Kong offers buyouts to owners of houses burnt in deadly fire that killed 160

Authorities HK$8,000 per sq. ft. to HK$10,500 per sq. ft. to the owners of the homes. Read More

Anti-ballistic missile shield likely to be in focus when PM Modi visits Israel next week: Report

Ahead of Prime Minister Modi’s visit to Israel from February 25, India is set to deepen strategic and defence cooperation, with focus on joint missile defence systems, laser weapons, and long-range stand-off capabilities. Read More

Related Articles