Sunday, May 24, 2026
37.1 C
New Delhi

Nissan India to hike car prices: Here’s when and by how much



<p>Nissan Magnite</p>
<p>“/><figcaption class= Nissan Magnite

As per sources, Nissan Motor India will hike prices of its cars from January 1, 2026, by up to 3 per cent. The Japanese automaker currently sells only the Magnite subcompact SUV in India, with prices ranging from ₹5.62 lakh to ₹10.90 lakh (ex-showroom). After a 3 per cent hike, the subcompact SUV’s prices will range from approximately ₹5.79 lakh to ₹11.23 lakh (approximate, ex-showroom). The price hike is likely part of the annual price revision exercise and could also be attributed to rising input costs and fluctuations in exchange rates.

Talking about the company’s plans for the Indian market in 2026, Nissan is preparing a renewed push in the Indian market and plans to introduce three all-new products within a span of around 16 months. This product-led reset is aimed at rebuilding the brand’s presence and expanding its footprint in key segments.

Leading this rollout will be a compact MPV positioned in the B-segment, expected to be called the Gravite. The seven-seater will be underpinned by the CMF-A+ architecture and will target value-focused family buyers, with pricing anticipated to stay below the 8.5 to 9 lakh mark (ex-showroom). Power is expected to come from a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. The same engine also does duty in many Renault and Nissan models.

While the mechanicals will be familiar, Nissan is expected to differentiate the Gravite through distinct exterior styling and a reworked cabin layout. The MPV is slated to make its global debut in January 2026, marking the first step in Nissan’s upcoming India product offensive. Following this will be the Tekton, Nissan’s next SUV for India, which is scheduled to be unveiled in February 2026. Built on the CMF-B platform shared with the upcoming Renault Duster, the Tekton is expected to adopt a more rugged stance and a distinctly upmarket cabin to set it apart. Powertrain options are also likely to mirror those offered on the new-generation Duster.

Completing the three-model rollout will be a premium seven-seat SUV, based on the long-wheelbase version of the CMF-B architecture that also underpins the Dacia Bigster. Rather than being a stretched derivative of the Tekton, this model is expected to be positioned as a separate offering altogether. Once launched, it will take on established players in the segment, including the Hyundai Alcazar and MG Hector Plus.

  • Published On Dec 25, 2025 at 11:54 AM IST

Join the community of 2M+ industry professionals.

Subscribe to Newsletter to get latest insights & analysis in your inbox.

All about ETAuto industry right on your smartphone!

Go to Source

Hot this week

WATCH – Pep Guardiola bids emotional farewell to Man City: ‘Players do not know it but I will be there controlling them’

Pep Guardiola delivered an emotional farewell after his final match as Manchester City manager, reflecting on his 10-year spell at the Etihad and thanking fans, players, and the club. Read More

H1-B relief? USCIS says some visa holders may not need to leave US for Green Card process

Thousands of H1-B visa holders in US may no longer be automatically required to leave the country while applying for permanent residency, after US immigration authorities issued a clarification on a controversial new policy introduced Read More

2 days after ‘deal’ with Centre, Ladakh representative says nothing final so far

SRINAGAR: Two days after claiming that the Centre had in principle agreed to grant Ladakh Union Territory a legislative assembly, a CM and constitutional safeguards similar to Article 371, a key Ladakh representative Sunday said “no f Read More

New James Bond game shows more vulnerable side to iconic British spy

The video game presents a young Bond before he has earned his “00” spy status. Read More

Team showed character and resilience to come back after poor start, says Rahane

Kolkata, May 24 (PTI): Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Ajinkya Rahane on Sunday hailed his side’s resilience in bouncing back from a poor first half of the IPL season, while Delhi Capitals spinner Kuldeep Yadav admitted he had to revisit the bas Read More

Topics

WATCH – Pep Guardiola bids emotional farewell to Man City: ‘Players do not know it but I will be there controlling them’

Pep Guardiola delivered an emotional farewell after his final match as Manchester City manager, reflecting on his 10-year spell at the Etihad and thanking fans, players, and the club. Read More

H1-B relief? USCIS says some visa holders may not need to leave US for Green Card process

Thousands of H1-B visa holders in US may no longer be automatically required to leave the country while applying for permanent residency, after US immigration authorities issued a clarification on a controversial new policy introduced Read More

2 days after ‘deal’ with Centre, Ladakh representative says nothing final so far

SRINAGAR: Two days after claiming that the Centre had in principle agreed to grant Ladakh Union Territory a legislative assembly, a CM and constitutional safeguards similar to Article 371, a key Ladakh representative Sunday said “no f Read More

New James Bond game shows more vulnerable side to iconic British spy

The video game presents a young Bond before he has earned his “00” spy status. Read More

Team showed character and resilience to come back after poor start, says Rahane

Kolkata, May 24 (PTI): Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Ajinkya Rahane on Sunday hailed his side’s resilience in bouncing back from a poor first half of the IPL season, while Delhi Capitals spinner Kuldeep Yadav admitted he had to revisit the bas Read More

Delhi: ‘Kidnapping’ case of 10-month-old girl turns out to be murder; father prime suspect

New Delhi, May 24 (PTI): The ‘kidnapping’ case of a 10-month-old girl in northwest Delhi’s Mukundpur took a tragic twist on Sunday after it was found that her father allegedly killed the infant after drugging his wife and elder dau Read More

I am a big, big fan of PM Modi; India can count on me 100 pc: President Trump

New Delhi, May 24 (PTI): India can count on me 100 per cent, US President Donald Trump said on Sunday night, calling Prime Minister Narendra Modi a “great” friend during an event celebrating the 250th anniversary of American independence Read More

Indian-Origin Driver Killed In New Zealand Highway Crash, Family Left Devastated

Indian-origin driver, Ramandeep Dhillon, dies in a crash on Te Puke Highway in New Zealand, leaving behind his wife, Veerpal Kaur, and 18-month-old daughter. Read More

Related Articles