Saturday, May 23, 2026
37.1 C
New Delhi

Sonam Kapoor, Anand Ahuja buy five new flats in London worth Rs 51.4 crore

Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja, who are currently based in London with their two children are reportedly expanding their property portfolio in the UK. The couple, who had earlier made headlines for purchasing a lavish mansion in Notting Hill worth nearly Rs 270 crore, have now allegedly added another major real estate investment to their name.According to a report by Hindustan Times, Sonam and Anand have reportedly purchased five flats in a building near their mansion for approximately £4 million Rs 51.4 crore. The report further claimed that the properties were expected to serve as staff accommodation, a move that has reportedly left some residents of the building unhappy.As per Daily Mail, locals also claimed that a spokesperson linked to the company involved allegedly warned that the flats could be converted into “social housing” if objections from residents continued. However, a representative associated with the couple clarified that the Kapoor family had no direct involvement with the company and maintained that the flats were acquired purely as an investment.One resident told the publication, “We’re being made to feel afraid of speaking out just because they’re powerful. We’ve formed a sense of community here and that’s changing because some billionaires want to make our home another playground. That will change even more if they let people in from what they call ‘social housing’. It’s a weird threat. The whole thing stinks. There’s nobody even living in some of the flats now. Some are being done up. But behind the scenes, they have a say on what happens here. How is that acceptable?”The publication also reported that Sonam and Anand are believed to have spent around £4.7 million (Rs 60.4 crore) renovating their Notting Hill mansion. Besides their London properties, the couple also reportedly own residences in Mumbai and Delhi.Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja got married in March 2018 and welcomed their first child, son Vayu, in August 2022. Earlier this year, on March 29, the couple shared the news of their second child’s arrival through a joint social media announcement.“With immense gratitude and hearts full of love, we are delighted to announce the arrival of our baby boy today, 29th of March 2026,” the post read.

Go to Source

Hot this week

AIFF delays ISL commercial partner decision amid growing concerns from clubs, adopts NSG Act

AIFF approved the National Sports Governance Act 2025 but postponed a final decision on the future commercial partner of the ISL amid growing concerns from clubs over the league’s future. Read More

Iran tells Pakistan army chief US ‘not honest’ in talks, refuses to compromise on national rights

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf told Pakistan army chief Asim Munir that Tehran would not compromise on its national rights despite ongoing negotiations with the United States. Read More

‘Deeply saddening’: PM Modi conveys condolences to President Xi after 90 killed in China mine blast

PM Modi on Saturday expressed condolences to Chinese President Xi Jinping and the people of China after a deadly coal mine explosion in Shanxi province killed at least 90 people in one of the country’s worst mining disasters in recent years. Read More

‘There Might Be Some News’: Rubio Hints At Big Breakthrough In US-Iran Talks

Speaking to reporters in Delhi, Rubio said there was progress in US-Iran discussions related to the Strait of Hormuz and Tehran’s nuclear programme. Read More

Centre tightens control on Pregabalin amid rising abuse among youth

Representational image NEW DELHI: Amid rising reports of young people misusing Pregabalin for its sedative, euphoric and dissociative effects, the Centre has brought the widely prescribed pain and neurological drug under the stricte Read More

Topics

AIFF delays ISL commercial partner decision amid growing concerns from clubs, adopts NSG Act

AIFF approved the National Sports Governance Act 2025 but postponed a final decision on the future commercial partner of the ISL amid growing concerns from clubs over the league’s future. Read More

Iran tells Pakistan army chief US ‘not honest’ in talks, refuses to compromise on national rights

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf told Pakistan army chief Asim Munir that Tehran would not compromise on its national rights despite ongoing negotiations with the United States. Read More

‘Deeply saddening’: PM Modi conveys condolences to President Xi after 90 killed in China mine blast

PM Modi on Saturday expressed condolences to Chinese President Xi Jinping and the people of China after a deadly coal mine explosion in Shanxi province killed at least 90 people in one of the country’s worst mining disasters in recent years. Read More

‘There Might Be Some News’: Rubio Hints At Big Breakthrough In US-Iran Talks

Speaking to reporters in Delhi, Rubio said there was progress in US-Iran discussions related to the Strait of Hormuz and Tehran’s nuclear programme. Read More

Centre tightens control on Pregabalin amid rising abuse among youth

Representational image NEW DELHI: Amid rising reports of young people misusing Pregabalin for its sedative, euphoric and dissociative effects, the Centre has brought the widely prescribed pain and neurological drug under the stricte Read More

Ella Bleu Travolta talks about her parents, John Travolta and Kelly Preston

Ella Bleu Travolta revealed her parents, John Travolta and the late Kelly Preston, were incredibly supportive of her career choices. She shared that their shared passion for acting made them happy she genuinely enjoyed the profession. Read More

Nepomniachtchi reacts to no Indians in top 10, questions FIDE rating system: ‘Not completely fair…’

Ian Nepomniachtchi praised India’s chess boom as he shared his views on rising Indian players like Arjun Erigaisi, R Praggnanandhaa and D Gukesh. The Russian GM also questioned the fairness of the current rating system. Read More

Indian-origin cancer specialist banned from practising in UK says, ‘I will never work…’

Shamir Chandran was convicted of coercive behaviour and is wanted by police An Indian-origin cancer specialist has been struck off the UK medical register after a tribunal ruled that his criminal conviction made him a risk to the pu Read More

Related Articles