Friday, May 22, 2026
39.1 C
New Delhi

Drugged, raped and filmed: German woman alleges years of horrific abuse by ex-partner

Drugged, raped and filmed: German woman alleges years of horrific abuse by ex-partner

A German woman, Claudia Wuttke, discovered videos of her former partner allegedly drugging and raping her over 16 years. Most of these alleged crimes will not face trial due to Germany’s five-year statute of limitations, leaving only two cases to proceed. Wuttke expressed her distress over the majority of the alleged abuse going unpunished.

A German woman has accused her former partner of drugging and raping her over several years in acts that were allegedly filmed, with most of the alleged crimes unlikely to face trial because of Germany’s statute of limitations laws, AFP reported citing a report by Der Spiegel.The woman, identified as 59-year-old Claudia Wuttke from Hamburg, told the German weekly that police contacted her in June 2025 after discovering videos of the alleged abuse on a laptop.According to the report, investigators found 67 videos allegedly recorded over a 16-year period showing Wuttke being subjected to oral, vaginal and anal assault while allegedly unconscious. In one of the alleged incidents, she was reportedly abused with a baseball bat.Wuttke told Der Spiegel that discovering the videos was “the first earthquake” and said she had “known nothing about” the alleged abuse beforehand.The report drew parallels with the case of Gisele Pelicot in France, who became internationally known after revealing that she had been unknowingly drugged by her former husband and raped by dozens of men over several years.Wuttke said she suffered “a second earthquake” after learning that German authorities had dropped investigations into 65 of the 67 alleged cases because of legal time limits. Under German law, most rape cases are subject to a five-year statute of limitations. As a result, prosecutors are reportedly pursuing only two cases — one dating to 2021 and another involving the alleged use of a “dangerous instrument” in “exceptional circumstances”.“It’s simply unacceptable that the vast majority of what was done to me should go unpunished,” Wuttke told the magazine.“No one knew about these rapes, nor about the existence of these videos; how could anyone have done anything about it?” she said.Initial court hearings in the two remaining cases are expected soon, Der Spiegel reported. The prosecutor’s office and the lawyer representing Wuttke did not immediately respond to AFP queries, while the lawyer for her former partner declined to comment, citing client confidentiality.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Viral DR Congo superfan gets FIFA World Cup dream after US visa issue resolved

DR Congo superfan Michel Nkuka Mboladinga, who went viral during AFCON for his Patrice Lumumba tribute, is set to attend the 2026 FIFA World Cup after resolving his US visa issue. Read More

UK military air show Royal International Air Tattoo cancelled amid Middle East conflict concerns

One of the world’s largest military air shows has been cancelled after organisers cited uncertainty linked to the ongoing conflict in the Middle East. Read More

Gaza Flotilla Organiser Alleges Freed Activists Were Assaulted And Raped In Israeli Detention

The organiser claimed activists were shot at close range with rubber bullets, suffered broken bones, and experienced multiple forms of abuse while in custody. Read More

Why Is Trump Deploying 5,000 US Troops To Poland Amid Tensions With NATO?

Amid Donald Trump’s latest decision on US troops deployment, questions over Europe strategy persist. Read More

Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo

The head of the UN health agency says the risk in the wider region is “high”, but it remains “low” at the global level. Read More

Topics

Viral DR Congo superfan gets FIFA World Cup dream after US visa issue resolved

DR Congo superfan Michel Nkuka Mboladinga, who went viral during AFCON for his Patrice Lumumba tribute, is set to attend the 2026 FIFA World Cup after resolving his US visa issue. Read More

UK military air show Royal International Air Tattoo cancelled amid Middle East conflict concerns

One of the world’s largest military air shows has been cancelled after organisers cited uncertainty linked to the ongoing conflict in the Middle East. Read More

Gaza Flotilla Organiser Alleges Freed Activists Were Assaulted And Raped In Israeli Detention

The organiser claimed activists were shot at close range with rubber bullets, suffered broken bones, and experienced multiple forms of abuse while in custody. Read More

Why Is Trump Deploying 5,000 US Troops To Poland Amid Tensions With NATO?

Amid Donald Trump’s latest decision on US troops deployment, questions over Europe strategy persist. Read More

Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo

The head of the UN health agency says the risk in the wider region is “high”, but it remains “low” at the global level. Read More

Can You Carry Mangoes On Flights?

Flying with mangoes? Here’s what airport rules, customs laws and international travel guidelines actually say before you pack the King of Fruits in your luggage. Read More

Marco Rubio India visit: Has America finally got its FOMO wake-up call?

An AI-generated image The world’s most powerful nations aren’t competing over oil fields or trade routes anymore. They’re competing over India. Read More

UP: Doctor sedates dalit student, rapes her in private hospital

NEW DELHI: A doctor at a private hospital in Lucknow has been arrested after a female student accused him of rape during treatment, police told news agency PTI on Friday. Read More

Related Articles