Saturday, May 23, 2026
32.1 C
New Delhi

‘Disruption In Strait Of Hormuz Not Acceptable’: PM’s Strong Message In Parliament Amid Middle East War

Show Quick Read

Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday informed the Lok Sabha about the challenges facing India due to the ongoing conflict in West Asia, saying the situation in the region remains worrying and has created unexpected difficulties for the country. He said the war has continued for more than three weeks and any disruption in the Strait of Hormuz would be unacceptable, as the route is crucial for India’s trade and energy supplies. PM added that India is in touch with all concerned countries and is closely monitoring developments in the region.

Concerns Over Hormuz Route

Speaking in the Lok Sabha, PM Modi said India believes dialogue and diplomacy are the only way to resolve the conflict and that war is not in the interest of humanity. He said India has been urging all sides to end the hostilities through peaceful means.

At the same time, the Prime Minister stressed that attacks on commercial ships and any obstruction in the Strait of Hormuz cannot be accepted, as the region is vital for India’s economic interests. He noted that India has strong trade relations with countries involved in the conflict and that a large portion of the country’s crude oil and gas supplies passes through the affected area.

He also pointed out that the region is important because of the large Indian presence in Gulf countries. Nearly one crore Indians live and work in the region, and many Indian crew members are employed on commercial ships operating in these waters.

Indians Evacuated, Help Ongoing

The Prime Minister said the government has been providing assistance to Indians stranded in the conflict zone since the beginning of the war. He said he has spoken to leaders of several West Asian countries, who have assured full support for the safety of Indian citizens.

According to PM, all Indian missions in the affected countries are working round the clock to help citizens, and control rooms and emergency helplines have been set up both in India and abroad.

He said the safety of Indians remains the government’s top priority. So far, more than 3.72 lakh Indians have returned safely, including around 1,000 people evacuated from Iran, many of them medical students. He also said CBSE examinations in Indian schools in Gulf countries have been cancelled to ensure students do not face difficulties.

Go to Source

Hot this week

JD Vance makes unplanned return to Washington, claims report triggering speculations over Iran

Reports claimed JD Vance made an unscheduled return to Washington Saturday. Read More

Rubio delivers invitation to PM from Trump to visit US, says US won’t allow Iran to hold energy market hostage

NEW DELHI: After the roller coaster of the past 12 months, the US and India looked to steady the relationship with visiting Secretary of State Marco Rubio calling on PM Narendra Modi and delivering an invitation from President Donald Read More

Even ITBP has lost faith in UP govt, police: Akhilesh on medical negligence regarding jawan’s mother

Lucknow, May 23 (PTI): Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said even the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has “lost faith” in the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh and the state police force, in an apparent jibe over the meet Read More

ITBP officials meet Kanpur top cop seeking action in medical negligence case of jawan’s mother

Kanpur, May 23 (PTI): Officials of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) on Saturday met the Kanpur police commissioner seeking action in a case of alleged medical negligence at a private hospital that resulted in the amputation of one hand of an IT Read More

Rahul Gandhi urges party’s Muslim leaders to raise issues concerning their community

New Delhi, May 23 (PTI): Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Saturday urged Muslim leaders of the party to vociferously raise issues concerning their community and to work towards enhancing their representation. Read More

Topics

JD Vance makes unplanned return to Washington, claims report triggering speculations over Iran

Reports claimed JD Vance made an unscheduled return to Washington Saturday. Read More

Rubio delivers invitation to PM from Trump to visit US, says US won’t allow Iran to hold energy market hostage

NEW DELHI: After the roller coaster of the past 12 months, the US and India looked to steady the relationship with visiting Secretary of State Marco Rubio calling on PM Narendra Modi and delivering an invitation from President Donald Read More

Even ITBP has lost faith in UP govt, police: Akhilesh on medical negligence regarding jawan’s mother

Lucknow, May 23 (PTI): Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said even the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has “lost faith” in the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh and the state police force, in an apparent jibe over the meet Read More

ITBP officials meet Kanpur top cop seeking action in medical negligence case of jawan’s mother

Kanpur, May 23 (PTI): Officials of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) on Saturday met the Kanpur police commissioner seeking action in a case of alleged medical negligence at a private hospital that resulted in the amputation of one hand of an IT Read More

Rahul Gandhi urges party’s Muslim leaders to raise issues concerning their community

New Delhi, May 23 (PTI): Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Saturday urged Muslim leaders of the party to vociferously raise issues concerning their community and to work towards enhancing their representation. Read More

Brampton man Gurkanwal Singh pleads guilty after shooting guns from jeep in ‘careless’ stunt

A 24-year-old Sikh man has pleaded guilty after videos showing reckless gunfire from a Jeep on Crown land in Ontario triggered a police investigation and firearms charges. Read More

Israel strikes south Lebanon as Hezbollah says Iran won’t abandon group

Fresh Israeli airstrikes hit multiple areas in southern Lebanon despite an ongoing ceasefire, while Hezbollah said Tehran remained committed to backing the militant group amid regional negotiations. Read More

Iran ‘getting a lot closer’ to agreement with US, Trump says

French President Emmanuel Macron spoke to Trump and the leaders of the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jordan on Saturday about the negotiations with Iran, AFP news agency reported. Read More

Related Articles