UK Police on Thursday arrested former prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor on suspicion of misconduct in public office, as new documents linked to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein resurfaces.The arrest came on his 66th birthday, following weeks of renewed scrutiny over his past association with the late convicted sex offender.Thames Valley Police, which covers areas west of London including his former residence, said it was “assessing” reports that Mountbatten-Windsor sent trade reports to Epstein in 2010. While the force did not name him, in keeping with UK law, it confirmed that “a man in his 60s” had been arrested. Images circulating online showed unmarked police vehicles at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, with plainclothes officers outside the property.”Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office. It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence,” the police said in a statement.
What recent files revealed about his ties with Epstein?
Andrew sent confidential documents to EpsteinThe arrest follows the release of millions of pages of documents gathered during a US investigation into Epstein, who died in prison in 2019.Several emails released by the US Justice Department and cited in media reports indicate correspondence between Epstein and Andrew’s aide, David Stern. The messages suggest the former royal may have shared reports and investment opportunities while serving as the UK’s special representative for trade and investment, a role he held from 2001 to 2011.In a November 2010 email seen by AFP, Andrew appeared to share reports on Vietnam, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Singapore after an official visit to Asia. Other messages suggested he provided details of investment opportunities following the trip.

Possible meeting with a woman at Buckingham PalaceEmails dated August 2010 show Epstein writing to Andrew, addressing him as “The Duke,” and suggesting he had “a friend who I think you might enjoy having dinner with.” Epstein added that the woman would be in London between August 20 and 24.Epstein described the woman as 26, Russian, “clever and beautiful,” and noted that she already had the prince’s email address.According to the files revealed subsequent exchanges referred to a possible dinner at Buckingham Palace, although it is unclear whether any such meeting ultimately took place.Meanwhile, Thames Valley Police are investigating allegations that a woman was brought to the UK in 2010 for a meeting with Andrew at Royal Lodge in Windsor, his former residence. The woman, who is not British, was reportedly in her twenties at the time.

Andrew in all fours over a womanEarlier records released by the US DOJ in connection with Epstein included photographs showing Britain’s former Prince Andrew kneeling over a woman lying on the ground.In two of the images, he appears to touch the unidentified, fully clothed woman on her stomach, while another shows him looking directly at the camera.In a separate development, the latest tranche of files reveals that Epstein had discussed introducing a Russian woman to Andrew, the younger brother of King Charles III. References to the woman appear in documents that were part of millions of pages made public on Friday.The disclosures were released under a law aimed at shedding light on what authorities knew about Epstein’s abuse of underage girls and his connections with influential and powerful individuals.‘Human trafficking and sexual assaults’At least nine UK police forces have confirmed they are reviewing material that appears to link the former prince to Epstein.Surrey Police said they had become “aware” of a redacted report alleging “human trafficking and sexual assaults on a minor” between 1994 and 1996 in Virginia Water, southeastern England.Earlier US Justice Department files also included photographs of Andrew with an unidentified woman, as well as references to Epstein’s former partner, Ghislaine Maxwell, who has since been convicted.

Denied any wrongdoingMountbatten-Windsor has consistently denied any wrongdoing in connection with Epstein and has said he regrets the friendship.He has also denied allegations of sexual abuse made by Virginia Giuffre, who claimed she was trafficked to have sex with him on three occasions, including twice when she was 17.In 2022, Andrew reached a multi-million-pound settlement with Giuffre without admitting liability. Giuffre, a dual US and Australian citizen, died by suicide in Australia in April.The latest arrest marks a significant escalation in the long-running scrutiny of Andrew’s relationship with Epstein and the potential legal consequences stemming from it. Go to Source


