Sunday, November 30, 2025
18.1 C
New Delhi

Pakistan’s ‘Fake-News Cell’ Minister Slams ICC As ‘Biased’ After Statement On Afghan Cricketers Killed In Strike

Show Quick Read

Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom

Pakistan’s government has flown into a rage after the International Cricket Council (ICC) reacted to the deaths of eight Afghan players in Afghanistan’s Paktika province. Pakistan’s Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Atta Ullah Tarar — who runs an extensive anti-India fake-news operation inside his ministry — posted a lengthy message on X accusing the ICC of being “biased and premature.”

He alleged that the ICC had failed to produce any independent evidence confirming that the Afghan cricketers were killed in a Pakistani strike.

To deflect criticism of the Pakistani Army, Tarar claimed that just hours after the ICC’s statement” href=”https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/icc-statement-on-the-tragic-loss-of-three-aspiring-afghan-cricketers” rel=”nofollow” target=”_self”> ICC’s statement, its chairman Jay Shah posted a similar message on X, followed by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB). This, he wrote, showed “a coordinated effort to repeat the same claim and create a false story.” He further said this was not the first time Pakistan cricket had been targeted under the current ICC leadership, citing the recent “handshake controversy” that delayed a Pakistan Asia Cup match.

“An international body should not act in favour of any one country or party,” Tarar added, accusing the ICC of partiality.

Pakistan’s ‘Fake-News Cell’ Minister Slams ICC As ‘Biased’ After Statement On Afghan Cricketers Killed In Strike

The minister, who has been at the helm of Pakistan’s full-fledged fake-news operations against India since Operation Sindoor, also mentioned that ICC chairman Jay Shah is Indian. He wrote that the ICC “should not accept any claim as true without proper investigation,” adding that it must treat all countries equally.

“Pakistan hopes that the ICC, whose current chairman is from India, will show fairness and resolve this dispute properly so that sport can remain free from politics,” he said.

This is not the first time Pakistan has been accused of lying about the deaths of innocents. Just last week, Pakistan’s paramilitary forces and police reportedly massacred 280 people in Mureedke, and last month, an airstrike in Tirah Valley killed 30 civilians. Though the Pakistani Army described the Tirah Valley strike as targeting Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) positions, photos and evidence from the scene indicated that more than ten of the dead were children, and the rest were unarmed civilians.

On Friday, the Pakistani Army carried out another strike in Afghanistan’s Paktika province, killing 17 civilians, including eight cricketers — Kabir Agha, Sibghatullah, and Haroon — who were part of Afghanistan’s domestic team. Condolences poured in from the ICC, the ACB, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), ICC chairman Jay Shah, former cricketer Yuvraj Singh, and Afghan players Rashid Khan, Gulbadin Naib, and Mohammad Nabi.

After Jay Shah expressed his condolences, Afghanistan Cricket Board chairman Mirwais Ashraf thanked him on X, writing that Shah’s “message and support at this difficult time mean a great deal to the Afghanistan Cricket Board and the entire Afghan cricket family.”

Afghanistan Withdraws from Triangular Series

The strike prompted the ACB to withdraw from the upcoming triangular series with Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Following the withdrawal, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)announced that Zimbabwe would replace Afghanistan in the tournament.

Pakistan’s ‘Fake-News Cell’ Minister Slams ICC As ‘Biased’ After Statement On Afghan Cricketers Killed In Strike

Pakistan Faces Blowback from Its Own Sponsored Terrorists

Facing mounting criticism, the Pakistani Army claimed that its strike in Paktika killed over 70 fighters of Hafiz Gul Bahadur’s Ittihad-ul-Mujahideen Pakistan (IMP). However, no evidence or photographs were shared to substantiate this claim.

Notably, on the same day, Hafiz Gul Bahadur’s group carried out a suicide attack on a Pakistani military installation in North Waziristan, killing six Pakistani soldiers — a grim reminder that “one reaps what one sows.”

Hafiz Gul Bahadur, once trained and supported by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) during the 1980s Afghan jihad, was part of Jalaluddin Haqqani’s mujahideen force funded by the CIA, Saudi Arabia, and ISI under Maktab al-Khidamat.

After the Soviet withdrawal, Bahadur joined terrorist Masood Azhar in recruiting fighters for Jaish-e-Mohammed to attack India. He also ran a madrasa to train militants for the Haqqani network.

In 2006, Pakistan signed the Miran Shah peace accord with Bahadur, allowing him to operate freely in exchange for halting attacks inside Pakistan. Later, in 2007, he became a founding member of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) before breaking away to form Ittihad Shura Mujahideen Pakistan (ISP), which worked alongside the Haqqani network and Afghan Taliban.

However, after the 2014 Operation Zarb-e-Azb, Bahadur turned against Pakistan. Since 2018, he has attacked the Pakistani Army in North Waziristan, and after the Taliban takeover in Kabul in 2021, he re-joined TTP under the banner of Ittihad-ul-Mujahideen. The group now has over 1,500 fighters, reportedly receiving 50 new recruits annually from Jaish-e-Mohammed in exchange for money.

Go to Source

Hot this week

‘I use the plane less than my predecessors’: Kash Patel defends himself over claims he used an FBI jet to see his girlfriend

FBI Director Kash Patel has pushed back against allegations that he misused a government-owned jet to travel to events linked to his girlfriend, country singer Alexis Wilkins. Read More

Rubio, Witkoff to meet Ukrainian delegation in Florida to discuss Trump plan to end Russia’s war

Top Trump administration officials are meeting Ukrainian negotiators in Florida today, pushing to broker an end to Russia’s war in Ukraine and setting the stage for key talks planned this week in Moscow with Russian leader Vladimir Putin. Read More

‘Immortal love’: Teen marries boyfriend’s corpse; father, brothers booked for caste killing

NEW DELHI: A teenage girl in Maharashtra’s Nanded performed symbolic wedding rituals with the body of her murdered boyfriend, hours after her father and brothers were arrested for allegedly killing him over their inter-caste relations Read More

Pakistani National Among Others Rescued By Indian Air Force In Cyclone-Hit Sri Lanka

The Mi-17 helicopters deployed by the Indian Air Force in Sri Lanka as part of ‘Operation Sagar Bandhu’ evacuated several stranded people from different countries. Read More

71-Year-Old Hyderabad Man Loses Nearly Rs 2 Crore In Digital ‘Arrest’ Scam

A 71-year-old Hyderabad man lost Rs 2 crore in a digital arrest scam by fraudsters posing as CBI officers. Read More

Topics

‘I use the plane less than my predecessors’: Kash Patel defends himself over claims he used an FBI jet to see his girlfriend

FBI Director Kash Patel has pushed back against allegations that he misused a government-owned jet to travel to events linked to his girlfriend, country singer Alexis Wilkins. Read More

Rubio, Witkoff to meet Ukrainian delegation in Florida to discuss Trump plan to end Russia’s war

Top Trump administration officials are meeting Ukrainian negotiators in Florida today, pushing to broker an end to Russia’s war in Ukraine and setting the stage for key talks planned this week in Moscow with Russian leader Vladimir Putin. Read More

‘Immortal love’: Teen marries boyfriend’s corpse; father, brothers booked for caste killing

NEW DELHI: A teenage girl in Maharashtra’s Nanded performed symbolic wedding rituals with the body of her murdered boyfriend, hours after her father and brothers were arrested for allegedly killing him over their inter-caste relations Read More

Pakistani National Among Others Rescued By Indian Air Force In Cyclone-Hit Sri Lanka

The Mi-17 helicopters deployed by the Indian Air Force in Sri Lanka as part of ‘Operation Sagar Bandhu’ evacuated several stranded people from different countries. Read More

71-Year-Old Hyderabad Man Loses Nearly Rs 2 Crore In Digital ‘Arrest’ Scam

A 71-year-old Hyderabad man lost Rs 2 crore in a digital arrest scam by fraudsters posing as CBI officers. Read More

Virgo Daily Horoscope (1 December, 2025): Hidden Opportunities Rise As New Beginnings Shape Your Path

Virgo Horoscope: Precision is your forte, Virgo! You are known for your meticulous attention to detail, analytical mind, and relentless desire for order. Virgos are amazing friends, always there to lend a hand and also give advice. Read More

Sonu Nigam recalls singing 30 songs without a break

In a mesmerizing evening in Hyderabad, Sonu Nigam enthralled fans with a marathon of over 30 songs, delighting in the city’s rich musical spirit. Read More

Sidharth calls Kiara a ‘superhero’ for caring for Saraayah

Sidharth Malhotra has opened up about how stepping into fatherhood has completely reshaped his life. Read More

Related Articles