Thursday, May 21, 2026
36.1 C
New Delhi

‘Only A Few Questions Were Leaked’: NTA DG Briefs Parliamentary Committee, CBI Probe Underway

The Director General of the National Testing Agency (NTA) told a meeting of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on the Ministry of Education that the agency’s immediate priority is to ensure the smooth conduct of the examination scheduled for June 21, according to sources.

During the meeting, the NTA Director General faced several questions regarding the investigation into the alleged paper leak and the decision to hold a re-examination.

‘Paper Was Not Leaked,’ NTA DG Tells Committee

When questioned about the paper leak, the NTA Director General reportedly denied that the entire paper had been leaked and said that only a few questions had surfaced.

“The paper was not leaked. Information about the leaked questions had been received. Subsequently, the paper was cancelled, and the CBI is currently investigating,” the NTA DG told the committee, according to sources.

He further stated that the agency could not disclose whether the paper was leaked, how many questions were leaked, or the extent of the breach because the matter is under investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

“Only after the CBI investigation will the full picture be clear,” sources quoted the Director General as saying.

Fresh Question Paper Being Prepared

According to sources, the NTA DG informed the committee that work is currently underway to prepare a fresh question paper for the June 21 examination.

Officials present at the meeting reportedly maintained that they had nothing further to say on the leak allegations at this stage because the investigation is being handled by the CBI.

Government Seeks Swift Action Against Accused

Sources said the government and the NTA have instructed the investigating agency to take swift and strict action against anyone found involved in the alleged paper leak.

Officials also said efforts would be made to ensure that the new academic session is not delayed once the examination scheduled for June 21 is completed.

Exam Reforms To Be Discussed After June 21

Education Ministry officials present during the meeting said discussions on reforming the examination system for next year would take place after the June 21 exam to prevent similar incidents in the future.

The meeting reportedly lasted from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and was attended by the NTA Director General along with senior officials from the Ministry of Education.

Go to Source

Hot this week

‘Lot to work on with…’: Rubio calls India ‘great ally’, eyes energy expansion ahead of ‘important’ visit

Rubio on Thursday said Washington is ready to expand energy exports to India as both sides deepen talks on oil trade, energy security and broader strategic cooperation ahead of his upcoming visit Go to Source Read More

Ishaq Dar Highlights Growing Pakistan-Bangladesh Partnership In New Eurasian Strategy | Exclusive Details

Dar said that Islamabad successfully mediated backchannel peace talks between the United States and Iran after a diplomatic freeze lasting 47 years Go to Source Read More

Dhurandhar actor recalls training Yami Gautam post pregnancy

Mustafa Ahmed, who recently grabbed attention for playing Rizwan in Dhurandhar: The Revenge, shared a heartfelt appreciation post for actress Yami Gautam on social media, recalling her dedication towards fitness while preparing for Ar Read More

Karl Urban claps back at fan criticism over The Boys finale

Spoiler Alert: This article contains spoilers and key details from The Boys. Reader discretion is advised if you haven’t watched it yet. Read More

UP Guv calls for campaign against child marriage, dowry

Lucknow, May 21 (PTI): Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel on Thursday called for a campaign against child marriage and the dowry system, saying girls should not be forced to discontinue their education due to early marriage. Read More

Topics

‘Lot to work on with…’: Rubio calls India ‘great ally’, eyes energy expansion ahead of ‘important’ visit

Rubio on Thursday said Washington is ready to expand energy exports to India as both sides deepen talks on oil trade, energy security and broader strategic cooperation ahead of his upcoming visit Go to Source Read More

Ishaq Dar Highlights Growing Pakistan-Bangladesh Partnership In New Eurasian Strategy | Exclusive Details

Dar said that Islamabad successfully mediated backchannel peace talks between the United States and Iran after a diplomatic freeze lasting 47 years Go to Source Read More

Dhurandhar actor recalls training Yami Gautam post pregnancy

Mustafa Ahmed, who recently grabbed attention for playing Rizwan in Dhurandhar: The Revenge, shared a heartfelt appreciation post for actress Yami Gautam on social media, recalling her dedication towards fitness while preparing for Ar Read More

Karl Urban claps back at fan criticism over The Boys finale

Spoiler Alert: This article contains spoilers and key details from The Boys. Reader discretion is advised if you haven’t watched it yet. Read More

UP Guv calls for campaign against child marriage, dowry

Lucknow, May 21 (PTI): Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel on Thursday called for a campaign against child marriage and the dowry system, saying girls should not be forced to discontinue their education due to early marriage. Read More

Delhi-Jewar airport travel time may shrink to 21 minutes under rapid rail plan: UP minister

Lucknow, May 21 (PTI): Travel time between Delhi and the upcoming Noida International Airport could be reduced to 21 minutes under a proposed high-speed rail connectivity plan, Uttar Pradesh Industrial Development Minister Nand Gopal Gupta said on T Read More

J-K LG chairs high-level meeting for establishment of International Museum of Goddess at Katra

Jammu, May 21 (PTI): Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Thursday evening chaired a high-level meeting to discuss the establishment of a state-of-the-art International Museum of Goddess at Katra, envisioned as a global spiritual and Read More

Air France and Airbus held guilty over deadly 2009 Atlantic flight disaster

Air France and Airbus held guilty over deadly 2009 Atlantic flight disaster Air France and Airbus were found guilty of manslaughter by a Paris appeals court on Thursday over the 2009 crash of Air France Flight 447, which killed all Read More

Related Articles