Thursday, February 19, 2026
18.1 C
New Delhi

YouTuber WhistlinDiesel accuses Tennessee state of blocking him from speaking after tax arrest

YouTuber WhistlinDiesel accuses Tennessee state of blocking him from speaking after tax arrest

YouTuber WhistlinDiesel accuses Tennessee state of blocking him from speaking after tax arrest (Image via Getty)

WhistlinDiesel has claimed that Tennessee state officials are trying to stop him from speaking publicly after his arrest for tax evasion. The popular YouTuber, whose real name is Cody Detwiler, shared the accusation in a video posted earlier this week. He told his millions of followers that the issue began after his November arrest at his home in Tennessee and has now turned into what he believes is an attempt to mute him online.Cody Detwiler said he was shocked by both the arrest and the rules that followed. He explained that he had no idea there was a tax issue until officers arrived. He also said that after reviewing court papers, he now believes the state is trying to limit what he can share while the case moves forward.

WhistlinDiesel claims gag order blocks him from talking about his case

In his latest video, WhistlinDiesel explained that a court motion filed by Tennessee prosecutors includes what he describes as a gag order. He said the document stops him from making any pre-trial statements about the case across social media platforms like YouTube, Instagram, and X.“They don’t want me talking at all,” he said in the video. “They’re saying my reach could affect the case.” According to WhistlinDiesel, the filing points to his massive online audience, noting that he has more than 20 million followers across platforms. Prosecutors allegedly argued that his comments could influence potential jurors and hurt the state’s case. The court motion also mentioned his merchandise, which includes images of the public indictment page released after his arrest. WhistlinDiesel pushed back on the claims. He told viewers he has never threatened anyone connected to the case and asked his audience not to harass or target any officials.“I don’t want anyone going after these people,” he said. “This is between me and the state.”The YouTuber also shared parts of an investigative report that outlined how the case was built. He said state officials contacted more than a dozen people and businesses linked to his Ferrari F8, including his accountant. WhistlinDiesel claimed his accountant was advised not to inform him while the investigation was ongoing.WhistlinDiesel stated that the charge centers on unpaid sales tax tied to the Ferrari, a car that later burned down. He said he never received a tax bill or warning before the arrest and only learned the full details after receiving the investigative report about two weeks later.The case is still active, and court proceedings are expected to continue in Tennessee. For now, WhistlinDiesel says he is sharing what he legally can, while questioning why he believes the state is trying to keep him quiet as the legal process plays out.Also Read: Top 5 IShowSpeed Viral Moments In 2025 That Made Him Streamer Of The Year

Go to Source

Hot this week

Indian Navy likely to commission third indigenous N-powered submarine ‘by this summer’

INS Aridhaman NEW DELHI: India’s sea-based nuclear deterrent will be strengthened soon as the country’s third indigenous Arihant-class nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine (SSBN), INS Aridhaman (designated S4), is likely to b Read More

Rafale to make India stronger, willing to increase its indigenous content; ready to sell more submarines: Macron

Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron NEW DELHI: French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday said that Rafale fighter jets will boost India’s military strength and that he is comm Read More

DRDO conducts successful qualification test for Gaganyaan drogue parachute

DRDO parachute NEW DELHI: India’s maiden human spaceflight programme achieved a big boost with the successful qualification level load test of the drogue parachute for the Gaganyaan programme at DRDO’s Rail Track Rocket Sledge (RTR Read More

Shashi Tharoor calls The Kerala Story ‘hate-mongering’

Senior Congress MP Shashi Tharoor on Thursday criticised the makers of The Kerala Story 2 – Goes Beyond, alleging that the sequel — like its predecessor — promotes divisive narratives without factual basis and risks spreading hatred i Read More

Topics

Indian Navy likely to commission third indigenous N-powered submarine ‘by this summer’

INS Aridhaman NEW DELHI: India’s sea-based nuclear deterrent will be strengthened soon as the country’s third indigenous Arihant-class nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine (SSBN), INS Aridhaman (designated S4), is likely to b Read More

Rafale to make India stronger, willing to increase its indigenous content; ready to sell more submarines: Macron

Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron NEW DELHI: French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday said that Rafale fighter jets will boost India’s military strength and that he is comm Read More

DRDO conducts successful qualification test for Gaganyaan drogue parachute

DRDO parachute NEW DELHI: India’s maiden human spaceflight programme achieved a big boost with the successful qualification level load test of the drogue parachute for the Gaganyaan programme at DRDO’s Rail Track Rocket Sledge (RTR Read More

Shashi Tharoor calls The Kerala Story ‘hate-mongering’

Senior Congress MP Shashi Tharoor on Thursday criticised the makers of The Kerala Story 2 – Goes Beyond, alleging that the sequel — like its predecessor — promotes divisive narratives without factual basis and risks spreading hatred i Read More

‘I almost terminated him’: Why did Donald Trump say he wanted to fire US Secretary of State Marco Rubio?

US President Donald Trump joked about sharing the limelight with Secretary of State Marco Rubio and first lady Melania Trump at the inaugural meeting of his Board of Peace on February 19, 2026, in Washington, DC, as the body oversaw Read More

WATCH: Shehbaz Sharif ‘sidelined’ at Trump’s ‘Board of Peace’ meet as Pakistan falters on Gaza

Trump’s ‘Board of Peace’ meeting on Thursday highlighted Islamabad’s waning diplomatic influence, as leaders from dozens of countries were prominently featured in the new peace initiative while Sharif cut a lonely figure Go to Source Read More

Trump claims 200% tariff warning forced India and Pakistan to stop fighting

US President Donald Trump Thursday said he had threatened to put 200 per cent tariffs on India and Pakistan if they didn’t stop the fighting last summer, reiterating the claim that he stopped the war between the two nucleararmed neighbours. Read More

Related Articles