Sunday, May 24, 2026
33.1 C
New Delhi

Prince Harry to return to the UK on Sept 8 for WellChild Awards, three years after the Queen’s death

Prince Harry to return to the UK on Sept 8 for WellChild Awards, three years after the Queen’s death

Prince Harry will travel to London on September 8 to attend the annual WellChild Awards. The date marks three years since Queen Elizabeth II died at Balmoral. The charity confirmed his attendance and said he will support the ceremony as a long-standing patron. Harry is scheduled to meet winners and their families, present an award to a young child, and give brief remarks. He has been involved with the organization for many years and has attended the awards multiple times. The event celebrates children living with complex health needs and the caregivers who help them thrive at home. This will be his first trip back since May, when he lost his legal challenge over official security while visiting the UK. That case has shaped recent travel plans and remains part of the backdrop to any public appearance in Britain. Reports say Meghan will stay in California with their children. The focus of the London visit is the awards evening and private meetings with young honorees and their families. The timing adds a layer of interest. The anniversary often draws quiet reflection from the family, and the awards offer a way to spotlight a cause that Harry has tied himself to for years. The charity describes its mission as helping children with serious medical needs live at home whenever possible. That message will frame the evening. There is also fresh talk about a possible meeting with the King while Harry is in London. Some reports suggest both sides are open to it. No meeting has been announced, and plans can shift quickly around royal diaries. Treat it as possible, not certain. The awards remain the only confirmed item on his schedule. What to expect on the night is straightforward. A short red-carpet arrival. A meet-and-greet with the winners in a private room. The ceremony itself, where he will present one of the children’s awards and speak briefly about the families’ resilience. WellChild awards nights are emotional by design, and past editions have kept speeches tight so the children take center stage. The return will attract headlines for other reasons too. Public interest in his security arrangements has not faded. Interest in whether he sees other family members will follow. Even so, this is first and foremost a charity trip. The families who attend have waited through medical tests, hospital stays, and long journeys to be in the room. The point of the night is to tell their stories and give them a moment that feels bigger than their challenges.

Go to Source

Hot this week

‘Either we sign a deal or hit them harder’: Trump says Iran deal has ’50/50′ chances

US President Donald Trump Amid the ongoing Iran war, US President Donald Trump on Saturday said that he would meet with negotiators later in the day to discuss Tehran’s latest offer and that a final decision on whether to resum Read More

School, residential buildings hit as Russia pounds Ukraine capital Kyiv with missiles, drones; 1 dead

The interiors of apartments in a damaged residential building are exposed following a Russian missile attack in Kyiv, Ukraine, Sunday, May 24, 2026. Read More

Chinese aircraft, naval vessels detected near Taiwan, says defence ministry

Taiwan’s defence ministry said Chinese military aircraft and naval vessels were detected operating near the island for a second consecutive day amid rising cross-strait tensions Go to Source Read More

This Week in Explainers: Why is there no vaccine for this Ebola outbreak?

An Ebola outbreak is spreading quickly through the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda. So far, there have been 600 suspected cases and 139 deaths. But there isn’t a vaccine to help quell the outbreak raging. Read More

Iran Agrees To Give Up Enriched Uranium Stockpile In Emerging Deal With US: Report

Iran has agreed in principle to give up its stockpile of highly enriched uranium as part of an emerging deal with the US, with negotiations now focused on implementation details. Read More

Topics

‘Either we sign a deal or hit them harder’: Trump says Iran deal has ’50/50′ chances

US President Donald Trump Amid the ongoing Iran war, US President Donald Trump on Saturday said that he would meet with negotiators later in the day to discuss Tehran’s latest offer and that a final decision on whether to resum Read More

School, residential buildings hit as Russia pounds Ukraine capital Kyiv with missiles, drones; 1 dead

The interiors of apartments in a damaged residential building are exposed following a Russian missile attack in Kyiv, Ukraine, Sunday, May 24, 2026. Read More

Chinese aircraft, naval vessels detected near Taiwan, says defence ministry

Taiwan’s defence ministry said Chinese military aircraft and naval vessels were detected operating near the island for a second consecutive day amid rising cross-strait tensions Go to Source Read More

This Week in Explainers: Why is there no vaccine for this Ebola outbreak?

An Ebola outbreak is spreading quickly through the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda. So far, there have been 600 suspected cases and 139 deaths. But there isn’t a vaccine to help quell the outbreak raging. Read More

Iran Agrees To Give Up Enriched Uranium Stockpile In Emerging Deal With US: Report

Iran has agreed in principle to give up its stockpile of highly enriched uranium as part of an emerging deal with the US, with negotiations now focused on implementation details. Read More

India Advises Citizens To Avoid Non-Essential Travel To Congo, Uganda Amid Ebola Outbreak

India urges citizens to avoid non essential travel to Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda and South Sudan due to Ebola outbreak. Read More

Jaipur Woman Dies By Suicide After Years Of Abuse, Children Recall Horror

Anu’s mother, Maya, said her daughter had often spoken about difficulties in her marriage. Read More

Avoid Non-Essential Travel, Follow Guidelines: India’s Advisory For 3 African Nations Amid Ebola Outbreak

The Government of India on Sunday issued a travel advisory urging citizens to avoid non-essential travel to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda and South Sudan following the outbreak of Ebola disease caused by the Bundibugyo strain of the E Read More

Related Articles