Friday, February 20, 2026
19.1 C
New Delhi

‘Netanyahu is walking a fine line’: US warns Israel on Gaza ceasefire deal — report

‘Netanyahu is walking a fine line’: US official warns Israeli prime minister on Gaza ceasefire deal — report

A US official has warned that President Donald Trump could take severe action against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu if he undermines the Gaza ceasefire deal, according to a report by Times of Israel citing Channel 12.Correspondent Barak Ravid, speaking in Hebrew on the network, said that a US official told him, “Netanyahu is walking a fine line with President Trump. If he keeps going, he’ll f**k up the Gaza deal. And if he f**ks up the deal, Donald Trump will f**k him.” “In English, it sounds even cruder,” news anchor Yonit Levi noted at the end of Ravid’s report. This remarks showed a growing frustration in Washington with recent moves of Israel particularly, the Knesset’s vote yesterday to advance two bills to annex parts of the West Bank which reportedly stunned US officials. The source told Ravid that US Vice President JD Vance, who was visiting Israel at the time, was shocked by the decision and believes that Israel is acting in an “unsupervised” manner. Netanyahu updated Vance about the Knesset vote during the vice president’s visit, assuring him that it was merely a “preliminary vote” and would “go nowhere,” the public broadcaster Kan reported. Vance responded, “This cannot happen while I am visiting here.” According to the Channel 12 report, Netanyahu had been warned by American officials that the vote could provoke a backlash and destabilise ongoing negotiations over the ceasefire.Vice President Vance on Wednesday urged Netanyahu to “give a shot” to the Gaza ceasefire deal and help implement it, two US officials and one Israeli official familiar with the meeting told Axios.Vance met with Netanyahu in Jerusalem as an air train of US officials began arriving in Israel to work on stabilising the fragile ceasefire, the Trump administration’s biggest diplomatic breakthrough so far.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Never got H-1B, couldn’t visit home in 8 years: 30-year-old Indian man dies in US, fundraiser says he was under a lot of stress

A fundraiser for 30-year-old Sasikanth Reddy Donthireddy, who died in the US after suffering from a cardiac arrest, claimed that the Indian man was under a lot of stress as he never got picked up in the H-1B lottery. Read More

Donald Trump could seek third term, Japan gas cloud, Iran strikes: ‘Prophet of Doom’ issues chilling 2026 visions

Craig Hamilton-Parker predicts 2026 will see global crises, including a possible Trump third term, Japan gas disaster, Iran strikes, and cyber disruptions. Read More

Trump calls Supreme Court tariff ruling ‘a disgrace’, says he has backup plan

Donald Trump said he has a “backup plan” after the US Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that he exceeded his authority in imposing sweeping global tariffs under emergency powers, dealing a setback to his trade agenda. Read More

‘I am considering it’: Trump weighs limited strike on Iran as nuclear talks intensify

Trump on Friday said he is weighing the possibility of a limited strike on Iran after ordering a significant naval buildup in the Middle East to increase pressure on Tehran to reach an agreement curbing its nuclear programme Go to Source Read More

Bangladesh’s President Recalls 1971 Struggle Against Pakistan Ahead Of Mother Language Day

While congratulating people on International Mother Language Day, Bangladesh President Mohammed Shahabuddin recalled the struggle of the Bengali language against Pakistan’s rule. Read More

Topics

Never got H-1B, couldn’t visit home in 8 years: 30-year-old Indian man dies in US, fundraiser says he was under a lot of stress

A fundraiser for 30-year-old Sasikanth Reddy Donthireddy, who died in the US after suffering from a cardiac arrest, claimed that the Indian man was under a lot of stress as he never got picked up in the H-1B lottery. Read More

Donald Trump could seek third term, Japan gas cloud, Iran strikes: ‘Prophet of Doom’ issues chilling 2026 visions

Craig Hamilton-Parker predicts 2026 will see global crises, including a possible Trump third term, Japan gas disaster, Iran strikes, and cyber disruptions. Read More

Trump calls Supreme Court tariff ruling ‘a disgrace’, says he has backup plan

Donald Trump said he has a “backup plan” after the US Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that he exceeded his authority in imposing sweeping global tariffs under emergency powers, dealing a setback to his trade agenda. Read More

‘I am considering it’: Trump weighs limited strike on Iran as nuclear talks intensify

Trump on Friday said he is weighing the possibility of a limited strike on Iran after ordering a significant naval buildup in the Middle East to increase pressure on Tehran to reach an agreement curbing its nuclear programme Go to Source Read More

Bangladesh’s President Recalls 1971 Struggle Against Pakistan Ahead Of Mother Language Day

While congratulating people on International Mother Language Day, Bangladesh President Mohammed Shahabuddin recalled the struggle of the Bengali language against Pakistan’s rule. Read More

Tariffs ruling is major blow to Trump’s second-term agenda

The Supreme Court has weakened Trump’s hand in dealing with other nations, writes Anthony Zurcher. Read More

UK Visa Changes 2026: Travellers Will Be Issued Only E‑Visas From February 25

UK Visa Changes 2026: Travellers Will Be Issued Only E‑Visas From February 25 Go to Source Author: News18 Read More

India Condemns Israeli Settlement Expansion, Back Two-State Solution For Palestine

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom India has joined more than 100 countries and international organisations in endorsing a statement condemning Israel’s expansion of settlements in the West Bank, reaffi Read More

Related Articles