Friday, May 22, 2026
35.1 C
New Delhi

‘Let’s catch up’: What former UK royal Andrew told Epstein; emails made public

'Let's catch up in person': What former UK royal Andrew told Jeffrey Epstein; emails from April 2010 made public

Andrew, the former duke of York

Newly unsealed court documents reveal that Andrew Mountbatten Windsor — the brother of British monarch King Charles III and formerly the Duke of York — remained in contact with Jeffrey Epstein months after the convicted sex offender’s July 2009 release from prison, even expressing a wish to “catch up in person.” According to The Guardian, the messages were part of several emails exchanged between the pair in April 2010. These were made public on Friday through a 2023 legal case between the US-governed Virgin Islands and American multinational bank JPMorgan Chase.In the correspondence, Epstein suggested that Andrew meet Jes Staley, a former JPMorgan executive who was later banned from the UK banking sector for “misleading” regulators about his relationship with the late financier. Andrew replied that he would not be in the UK but planned to meet Staley “soon,” adding: “Also I have no immediate plans to drop by New York but I think I should at some stage soon. It would be good to catch up in person.”Months later, Andrew and Epstein were photographed together in New York’s Central Park — a meeting the former later described as a “wrong decision.” During his 2019 BBC Newsnight interview, he said he only visited to end their friendship, calling it “the chicken’s way” to do so by phone. However, he stayed at Epstein’s Manhattan mansion for several days. Separate court filings released earlier this year included another message believed to be from Andrew, telling Epstein: “Keep in close touch and we’ll play some more soon!!!!” The newly unsealed documents also show that JPMorgan Chase flagged over $1 billion in suspicious transactions linked to Epstein, possibly tied to human trafficking. The revelations come just days after Buckingham Palace stripped Andrew of his remaining titles and removed his name from the official roll of the peerage — a move widely seen as an attempt to stem the damage from his ongoing scandals.Also Read | ‘Continued accusations about me distract Majesty’: Prince Andrew gives up his royal titles and honoursPressure on the 65-year-old has intensified following the posthumous release of Virginia Giuffre’s memoir, which reiterated her allegations that she was trafficked by Epstein and forced into a sexual relationship with Andrew when she was 17. Giuffre, who died by suicide earlier this year, maintained those claims until her death — allegations he continues to vehemently deny.Also Read | Who was Virginia Giuffre? Epstein victim who dethroned Prince Andrew and shook the royal family It has also been reported that Andrew will receive a one-off payment and an annual stipend to support his transition to life as a private citizen after leaving Royal Lodge, where he had been living rent-free.

Go to Source

Hot this week

YouTube star Danny Go mourns heartbreaking loss of 14-year-old son Isaac

Image Via Instagram Danny Go has broken some very sad news to his fans because he recently revealed that his 14-year-old son Isaac passed away after suffering from cancer for quite some time now. Read More

After benches differ on UAPA bail, SC refers question to larger bench

NEW DELHI: After two benches of the Supreme Court differed over whether delay in trial can justify bail for those accused under UAPA, the apex court has now referred the issue to a large bench for authoritative pronouncement. Read More

Hizbul & Al Badr chiefs join ISI men at burial of Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan in Pakistan

NEW DELHI: Slain terror commander Hamza Burhan was buried in Rawalpindi on Friday morning in the presence of several top terror chiefs including Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin and Al Badr head Zameen Bakht besides ISI officials, visuals Read More

Smart border project with Pak, B’desh to ensure demography change attempt is defeated: Amit Shah

New Delhi: Declaring the Centre’s resolve to put an end to infiltration from across the eastern border, which it sees as a design to introduce unnatural demographic changes, Union home minister Amit Shah on Friday asked BSF to t Read More

Bobby Deol hid Aashram from his family over intimate scenes

Bobby Deol recently opened up about the struggles, insecurities, and comeback phase of his career while speaking to Shekhar Suman on his chat show. Read More

Topics

YouTube star Danny Go mourns heartbreaking loss of 14-year-old son Isaac

Image Via Instagram Danny Go has broken some very sad news to his fans because he recently revealed that his 14-year-old son Isaac passed away after suffering from cancer for quite some time now. Read More

After benches differ on UAPA bail, SC refers question to larger bench

NEW DELHI: After two benches of the Supreme Court differed over whether delay in trial can justify bail for those accused under UAPA, the apex court has now referred the issue to a large bench for authoritative pronouncement. Read More

Hizbul & Al Badr chiefs join ISI men at burial of Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan in Pakistan

NEW DELHI: Slain terror commander Hamza Burhan was buried in Rawalpindi on Friday morning in the presence of several top terror chiefs including Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin and Al Badr head Zameen Bakht besides ISI officials, visuals Read More

Smart border project with Pak, B’desh to ensure demography change attempt is defeated: Amit Shah

New Delhi: Declaring the Centre’s resolve to put an end to infiltration from across the eastern border, which it sees as a design to introduce unnatural demographic changes, Union home minister Amit Shah on Friday asked BSF to t Read More

Bobby Deol hid Aashram from his family over intimate scenes

Bobby Deol recently opened up about the struggles, insecurities, and comeback phase of his career while speaking to Shekhar Suman on his chat show. Read More

India, Cyprus upgrade ties, sign pact to counter terror

NEW DELHI: India and Cyprus upgraded their ties to a strategic partnership, launched a roadmap for defence cooperation and signed an MoU for establishing a joint working group on counterterrorism as PM Narendra Modi hosted President N Read More

Will bring back Sunali’s hubby, Centre tells SC

NEW DELHI: After bringing back a pregnant woman, Sunali, and her 8-yr-old son, the Centre Friday told the Supreme Court that it would bring back in 10 days four others, including her husband, from Bangladesh where they were deported b Read More

Rajya Sabha polls for 24 seats on June 18; Mallikarjun Kharge, HD Deve Gowda set to retire

New Delhi: Congress is set to go unrepresented from Gujarat in Rajya Sabha for the first time as Election Commission announced polls for 24 seats in the House on June 18. Read More

Related Articles