Monday, February 16, 2026
16.1 C
New Delhi

‘For hiding Epstein’: Sacramento ABC shooting accused left notes targeting Trump aides

‘For hiding Epstein & ...’: Sacramento ABC shooting accused left notes targeting Trump aides; political motive suspected

Representative image

A man accused of firing bullets into the Sacramento ABC affiliate’s offices last week had handwritten notes in his car that threatened members of the Trump administration, according to federal officials.Anibal Hernandez Santana, 64, is charged with multiple firearms offences and interference with a federally licensed radio or communications station after the Sept. 19 incident at ABC10 in California’s capital. No one was injured, but employees had to shelter in place and halt operations temporarily.Authorities said that after Hernandez Santana posted bail on Saturday, police searched his car and found a note reading, “For hiding Epstein & ignoring red flags. Do not support Patel, Bongino, & AG Pam Bondi. They’re next. – CK from above”, as per Fox News. Prosecutors said the reference to “CK” appeared to be a nod to conservative activist Charlie Kirk, recently killed by a sniper in Utah. Police also discovered a book titled “The Cult of Trump” in his vehicle.According to news agency AP, Hernandez Santana was initially booked on state charges, including shooting into an occupied building, assault with a deadly weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm. He faces federal charges for discharging a firearm within a school zone and interfering with a communications station, which carry up to five years in prison. District Attorney Thien Ho also noted that under the date of the shooting, the suspect had written in a planner, “Do the Next Scary Thing”.Hernandez Santana, a retired lobbyist born in Puerto Rico, was not registered with any political party, according to state voting records. Ho said the attack appeared politically motivated, citing both the notes and the context of recent national events, including protests at the station over late-night host Jimmy Kimmel’s suspension and remarks about Charlie Kirk.Acting US Attorney Bill Essayli criticised Hernandez Santana’s initial release on bail, posting on X, “Welcome to California, where someone can commit attempted murder and be back on the streets the same day”. Meanwhile, Hernandez Santana’s lawyer Mark Reichel described the case as “highly unusual” and emphasised his client’s right to due process, stating, “He is innocent unless and until he is found otherwise”.FBI Director Kash Patel also condemned the attack on X and wrote, “Targeted acts of violence are unacceptable and will be pursued to the fullest extent of the law”.Authorities said Hernandez Santana fired four times at the ABC station — once near the building and three times at the lobby window. Sacramento police said the station was clearly not a random target and prosecutors plan to seek to hold him without bail in federal court.

Go to Source

Hot this week

India must use AI to make governance efficient, citizen-centric: Anthropic CEO

Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei BENGALURU: Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei said even as artificial intelligence technology produces great value, it will also bring big economic turmoil. Read More

Bertie Carvel REACTS to Baelor’s death in ‘AKOTSK’

Actor Bertie Carvel has opened up about portraying Prince Baelor “Breakspear” Targaryen and the pivotal moment in episode 4 and 5, when the prince volunteers to fight for Ser Duncan the Tall in ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms Read More

Neena Gupta says Vivian Richards agreed to her having Masaba

Veteran actor Neena Gupta has revealed that former West Indies cricketer Vivian Richards had agreed to her decision to have his child, but she chose not to take any financial assistance from him while raising their daughter, Masaba Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

Topics

India must use AI to make governance efficient, citizen-centric: Anthropic CEO

Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei BENGALURU: Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei said even as artificial intelligence technology produces great value, it will also bring big economic turmoil. Read More

Bertie Carvel REACTS to Baelor’s death in ‘AKOTSK’

Actor Bertie Carvel has opened up about portraying Prince Baelor “Breakspear” Targaryen and the pivotal moment in episode 4 and 5, when the prince volunteers to fight for Ser Duncan the Tall in ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms Read More

Neena Gupta says Vivian Richards agreed to her having Masaba

Veteran actor Neena Gupta has revealed that former West Indies cricketer Vivian Richards had agreed to her decision to have his child, but she chose not to take any financial assistance from him while raising their daughter, Masaba Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

‘No one is entitled…’: Rubio doubles down on visa not a ‘privilege’ remark

US State Department has reiterated that visas are not a guaranteed right and can be taken away if foreign visitors act against America’s national interests, following remarks by secretary of state Marco Rubio during a visit to Hungar Read More

Mark Carney Leads Push To Form Major Trade Bloc As Trump Threatens Canada With Tariffs: Report

Canada is leading talks to link the European Union and CPTPP, aiming for a new trading bloc of 1.5 billion people. Read More

Mark Carney Leads Push To Form Major Trade Bloc As Trump Threatens Canada With Tariffs: Report

Canada is leading talks to link the European Union and CPTPP, aiming for a new trading bloc of 1.5 billion people. Read More

First Class X Board exam must under 2-test system, says CBSE

Representational image NEW DELHI: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has clarified it will be mandatory for all Class X students to appear in the first board examination under the new two-board exam system to be rolled Read More

Related Articles