Tuesday, February 17, 2026
16.1 C
New Delhi

Epstein files: DOJ releases new document with ‘minimal redactions’ after Democrats accuse GOP of removing Trump’s photos

Epstein files: DOJ releases new document with 'minimal redactions' after Democrats accuse GOP of removing Trump's photos

The US Justice Department released a new Epstein-related document with ‘minimal redactions,’ after it was criticized by Democrats over the removal of photos of US President Donald Trump from previously released files. The DOJ shared the update on X, providing a PDF link to the document and stating that “documents and photos will continue to be reviewed consistent with the law and with an abundance of caution for victims and their families.” The row began when Democrats on the House Oversight Committee accused the DOJ of removing file 468, which reportedly showed Trump with a woman in revealing clothing. At least 16 files vanished from the DOJ webpage without a proper reason. The committee posted on X, “This photo, file 468, from the Epstein files that includes Donald Trump has apparently now been removed from the DOJ release.” They questioned Attorney General Pam Bondi: “Is this true? What else is being covered up? We need transparency for the American public.”

What was in the missing file 468?

The missing file was said to depict a desk drawer filled with photo albums and documents, including one image showing Trump in a white shirt standing with a group of women, including at least one in a bikini. Another blurry photograph reportedly showed Trump, Melania, and Ghislaine Maxwell. The images are believed to have been taken at Mar-a-Lago in February 2000.The initial release of the Epstein files included thousands of heavily redacted documents and photos featuring Epstein with high-profile figures such as Bill Clinton, Kevin Spacey, Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson. Many files lacked dates or context, and a lot of the text was blacked out. It was assumed that the GOP administration was hiding the names of sexual predators who could be part of the MAGA movement. However, the White House defended the redactions, saying it was done to protect the privacy of Epstein’s victims and survivors. Technical issues made the DOJ website crash on Friday as thousands of users attempted to view the documents at the same time. The files reportedly include images taken inside Epstein’s Manhattan townhouse during the 2019 law enforcement search. Fourteen of the images display large pieces of art featuring nude women, and one shows a building.The DOJ and Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche confirmed that the remaining documents will be released in the coming weeks after facing criticism from Democratic frontrunners Ro Khanna and Thomas Massie for only a partial disclosure of tonnes of documents and for failing to comply with the 30-day legal deadline.In the meantime, Trump has not publicly addressed the controversy despite all his promises of transparency regarding the infamous documents.“This photo, file 468, from the Epstein files that includes Donald Trump has apparently now been removed from the DOJ release,” the committee had said.

Go to Source

Hot this week

From dosa to deep tech: US Ambassador Sergio Gor calls Bengaluru’s energy ‘unmatched’

US envoy Sergio Gor praises Bengaluru’s “unmatched” energy during visit, highlighting its startups, culture and street food, as talks with Tejasvi Surya spotlight growing India-US tech and trade ties Go to Source Read More

New Mexico approves full investigation into Epstein’s Zorro Ranch, locals may testify

A bipartisan committee will seek testimony from survivors of alleged sexual abuse at the ranch, located about 30 miles south of Santa Fe, the state capital. Read More

Indian Man Detained By US Immigration Authorities On Child Sexual Assault Charges

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) identified the man as Vodela Yashaswi Kottapalli and described him as an undocumented immigrant. Read More

Earth At Risk? Thousands Of ‘City-Killer’ Asteroids Still Missing From NASA’s Detection Radar

NASA warns 15,000 mid-sized “city-killer” asteroids remain undetected. DART proved asteroid deflection possible, but no spacecraft currently capable of deflecting an asteroid. Read More

Rakul Preet Singh Gives Pearl And Mirror Embellishments Its Showstopper Moment

Rakul Preet Singh attended a wedding function styled in label Vvani’s pearl and mirror one-shoulder blouse and pencil skirt set. Read More

Topics

From dosa to deep tech: US Ambassador Sergio Gor calls Bengaluru’s energy ‘unmatched’

US envoy Sergio Gor praises Bengaluru’s “unmatched” energy during visit, highlighting its startups, culture and street food, as talks with Tejasvi Surya spotlight growing India-US tech and trade ties Go to Source Read More

New Mexico approves full investigation into Epstein’s Zorro Ranch, locals may testify

A bipartisan committee will seek testimony from survivors of alleged sexual abuse at the ranch, located about 30 miles south of Santa Fe, the state capital. Read More

Indian Man Detained By US Immigration Authorities On Child Sexual Assault Charges

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) identified the man as Vodela Yashaswi Kottapalli and described him as an undocumented immigrant. Read More

Earth At Risk? Thousands Of ‘City-Killer’ Asteroids Still Missing From NASA’s Detection Radar

NASA warns 15,000 mid-sized “city-killer” asteroids remain undetected. DART proved asteroid deflection possible, but no spacecraft currently capable of deflecting an asteroid. Read More

Rakul Preet Singh Gives Pearl And Mirror Embellishments Its Showstopper Moment

Rakul Preet Singh attended a wedding function styled in label Vvani’s pearl and mirror one-shoulder blouse and pencil skirt set. Read More

‘This Is A Crime, Not An Accident’: Mother Of 23-Year-Old Dwarka Crash Victim Seeks Justice

Inna Makan seeks justice after Sahil Dhaneshra died in a Dwarka crash caused by a minor driving a Scorpio for fun reels. Police registered an FIR and the accused got interim bail. Read More

Yunus Invokes India’s ‘Seven Sisters’, China In Farewell Address Amid Mounting Pressure In Bangladesh

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom As Bangladesh prepares for political transition, outgoing Chief Adviser Muhammad Yunus used his farewell address to deliver a message that has stirred debate beyond Dhaka&rs Read More

Trump says he will ‘soon’ decide on sending weapons to Taiwan after Xi’s warning

Chinese President Xi Jinping asked Trump not to sign an arms deal for Taiwan during a phone call last week Go to Source Read More

Related Articles