Sunday, February 22, 2026
17.1 C
New Delhi

US strikes Venezuela: MEA issues advisory for Indians; urges to avoid non-essential travel

US strikes Venezuela: MEA issues advisory for Indians; urges to avoid non-essential travel

Smoke at La Carlota airport after explosions and low-flying aircraft were heard in Venezuela (AP photo)

NEW DELHI: The ministry of external affairs on Saturday “strongly advised” Indians to avoid all non-essential travel to Venezuela, which was hit by multiple strikes by the United States.The MEA also said an email id (cons.caracas@mea.gov.in) and the emergency phone number (+58-412-9584288 / also for WhatsApp calls) to assist Indians amid the uncertain development in the South American nation.Earlier today, the US Persident Donald Trump announced that the US had captured Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and his wife in a military operation early on Saturday, following weeks of escalating pressure from the Trump administration.Speaking on Fox News, Trump said the US would play a central role in shaping Venezuela’s future. “We’ll be involved in it very much,” he said, adding: “We can’t take a chance in letting somebody else run and just take over what he left.”Hours after the confirmation, Trump addressed the media, saying: “We’re going to run the country until such time as we can do a safe, proper and judicious transition.”The 47th POTUS described the raid as “one of the most stunning attacks and effective and powerful displays of American military might and competence in American history”. He claimed that no other country could have carried out such an operation, particularly within such a short timeframe. “No nation in the world could achieve what America achieved yesterday,” Trump said, adding that Venezuelan military capabilities had been completely neutralised.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Pilot duty exemptions weigh in heavy on DGCA’s summer plan

Representative image NEW DELHI: Aviation authorities have begun the process of determining how many flights — both domestic and international — will operate this summer. Read More

Beware of digital fraud, do KYC via official channels: PM in ‘Mann Ki Baat’

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday issued a blunt warning against the growing menace of digital fraud and so-called “digital arrest” scams, flagging how ordinary people — from senior citizens to families saving for chil Read More

1.2 lakh new seats planned in 1,000 upgraded ITIs

Representative image NEW DELHI: Around 1. Read More

Zelensky tells BBC Putin has started WW3 and must be stopped

“If this is a condition for ending the war, let’s do it. I said, ‘honestly, you constantly raise the issue of elections’. Read More

Topics

Pilot duty exemptions weigh in heavy on DGCA’s summer plan

Representative image NEW DELHI: Aviation authorities have begun the process of determining how many flights — both domestic and international — will operate this summer. Read More

Beware of digital fraud, do KYC via official channels: PM in ‘Mann Ki Baat’

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday issued a blunt warning against the growing menace of digital fraud and so-called “digital arrest” scams, flagging how ordinary people — from senior citizens to families saving for chil Read More

1.2 lakh new seats planned in 1,000 upgraded ITIs

Representative image NEW DELHI: Around 1. Read More

Zelensky tells BBC Putin has started WW3 and must be stopped

“If this is a condition for ending the war, let’s do it. I said, ‘honestly, you constantly raise the issue of elections’. Read More

Rajaji statue to replace Lutyens’ at Prez house that he designed

NEW DELHI: Architect of New Delhi Edwin Lutyens’ legacy in independent India came to symbolise a rarefied milieu inhabited by those with an enviable mix of power, pedigree and influence. Read More

Hamnet’s Jessie Buckley and I Swear’s Robert Aramayo win big at the Baftas

Performances on the night included the K-Pop Demon Hunters trio singing Golden, while Jessie Ware sang a moving rendition of Barbra Streisand’s The Way We Were to accompany the In Memoriam segment, which paid tribute to those we have lost from Read More

$12.8 million jackpot in limbo after Arizona store worker buys winning ticket – Court to decide who gets prize

A worker at a convenience store in Arizona is in legal trouble after buying a lottery ticket worth $12.8 million from the store where he worked. Read More

Related Articles