Friday, February 20, 2026
19.1 C
New Delhi

Vivek COUNTERS John’s comment on ‘TKF’: ‘Focus on riding bikes’

Vivek Agnihotri COUNTERS John Abraham's statement about 'The Kashmir Files': 'He should focus on riding motorbikes, eating protein...'

Vivek Agnihotri is currently in the news for his upcoming film ‘The Bengal Files’. Amidst all the controversies surrounding the film, the director recently reacted John Abraham for his statement on movies like ‘The Kashmir Files’ and ‘Chhaava’. In a recent interview, the actor stated that such films are not good for society, and he would never make anything like that.Now, Vivek Agnihotri has replied to John’s statement. Here’s what the filmmaker said.

Vivek Agnihorti REACTS to John Abraham’s comments on ‘The Kashmir Files’ and ‘Chhaava’

In an interview with NDTV, the filmmaker shared that John Abraham is not a “historian, an intellectual, a thinker, or a writer.” Citing examples of ‘Satyameva Jayate’ and ‘Diplomat’, Agnihotri stated that even the actor has been making very “jingoistic” films. The director shared that John might have made comments due to various reasons.Vivek stated that if John had been some great historian and said that, he would have understood it. He further expressed that he doesn’t care what the actor has to say. In his interview (source), John had stated that films like ‘The Kashmir Files’ and ‘Chhaava’ are made to sway the citizens in a “hyper-political environment.” Countering the same, Agnihotri said, “When was India’s atmosphere not hyperpolitical? When was it that Hindu-Muslim and caste issues never existed in India?”Vivek even asked John to focus on what he is known for—”riding motorbikes, showing off his body, and eating protein” (according to the filmmaker). The director shared, “Filmo mein naa hi ghuse toh behtar hai (better if he doesn’t get into talking about films).”

Vivek Agnihotri and John Abraham’s projects

Vivek Agnihotri’s film ‘The Bengal Files’ is scheduled to release in cinemas on September 5, 2025. On the other hand, John’s film ‘Tehran’ is out on the OTT platform. It was dropped on the streaming service on August 14, 2025.

“Get the latest updates on Times of India, including reviews of the movie Coolie and War 2.”

Go to Source

Hot this week

Teacher shot dead in Ohio: Husband, who once appeared on American Idol, arrested for murder

An Ohio man has been charged with murdering his wife, a school teacher and volleyball coach, after allegedly shooting her inside their home and attempting to stage the scene to resemble a break-in, according to court documents and pol Read More

Epstein Files: From beheadings to murder – why former prince Andrew arrest is mild by Europe’s bloody history of royal treatment

Prince Andrew Blackballed From London Private Members’ Clubs Amid Social Ostracism If Prince Andrew’s recent arrest sounds like royal drama, it only does so because modern monarchy exists inside a very soft, carefully uph Read More

‘Not a negotiated document’: MEA says UN statement on Israel’s West Bank expansion not India’s position

India on Friday clarified that India’s endorsement of a UN joint statement condemning Israel’s West Bank expansion does not reflect its official position, saying the statement was not a “negotiated document” and India had already outlined its stance Read More

PM Modi Condoles Demise Of Noted Bengali Author Shankar

PM Modi mourns Mani Shankar Mukhopadhyay, known as Shankar, whose iconic works like Chowringhee and Seemabaddha enriched Bengali literature and inspired generations. Read More

Cash May Hit Exit Lane With India’s National Highways To Go Fully Digital From April 1

The government says it is contemplating completely discontinuing cash transactions at the national highway fee plazas across the country from April 1 Go to Source Read More

Topics

Teacher shot dead in Ohio: Husband, who once appeared on American Idol, arrested for murder

An Ohio man has been charged with murdering his wife, a school teacher and volleyball coach, after allegedly shooting her inside their home and attempting to stage the scene to resemble a break-in, according to court documents and pol Read More

Epstein Files: From beheadings to murder – why former prince Andrew arrest is mild by Europe’s bloody history of royal treatment

Prince Andrew Blackballed From London Private Members’ Clubs Amid Social Ostracism If Prince Andrew’s recent arrest sounds like royal drama, it only does so because modern monarchy exists inside a very soft, carefully uph Read More

‘Not a negotiated document’: MEA says UN statement on Israel’s West Bank expansion not India’s position

India on Friday clarified that India’s endorsement of a UN joint statement condemning Israel’s West Bank expansion does not reflect its official position, saying the statement was not a “negotiated document” and India had already outlined its stance Read More

PM Modi Condoles Demise Of Noted Bengali Author Shankar

PM Modi mourns Mani Shankar Mukhopadhyay, known as Shankar, whose iconic works like Chowringhee and Seemabaddha enriched Bengali literature and inspired generations. Read More

Cash May Hit Exit Lane With India’s National Highways To Go Fully Digital From April 1

The government says it is contemplating completely discontinuing cash transactions at the national highway fee plazas across the country from April 1 Go to Source Read More

Never got H-1B, couldn’t visit home in 8 years: 30-year-old Indian man dies in US, fundraiser says he was under a lot of stress

A fundraiser for 30-year-old Sasikanth Reddy Donthireddy, who died in the US after suffering from a cardiac arrest, claimed that the Indian man was under a lot of stress as he never got picked up in the H-1B lottery. Read More

Donald Trump could seek third term, Japan gas cloud, Iran strikes: ‘Prophet of Doom’ issues chilling 2026 visions

Craig Hamilton-Parker predicts 2026 will see global crises, including a possible Trump third term, Japan gas disaster, Iran strikes, and cyber disruptions. Read More

Trump calls Supreme Court tariff ruling ‘a disgrace’, says he has backup plan

Donald Trump said he has a “backup plan” after the US Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that he exceeded his authority in imposing sweeping global tariffs under emergency powers, dealing a setback to his trade agenda. Read More

Related Articles