Thursday, May 21, 2026
39.1 C
New Delhi

‘Mom 2’: Khushi Kapoor and Karishma Tanna start shooting

‘Mom 2’: Khushi Kapoor and Karishma Tanna start shooting; 'Crazxy’ fame Girish Kohli to direct

Boney Kapoor’s ‘Mom 2,’ starring Khushi Kapoor and Karishma Tanna, began shooting in Mumbai on October 26. Directed by Girish Kohli, the film progresses well. Meanwhile, ‘No Entry 2’ faces casting challenges after Varun Dhawan and Diljit Dosanjh exited due to scheduling conflicts, complicating the sequel’s lineup.

Earlier in March 2025, Boney Kapoor revealed that he was working on a new project featuring Khushi Kapoor, which is likely to be a follow-up to the 2017 film ‘Mom,’ originally starring his wife, the late Sridevi. Recently, it was announced that the movie is titled ‘Mom 2.’ Yesterday, photos from the filming location began circulating online.Shooting progress and cast detailsNow, according to Bollywood Hungama, ‘Mom 2’ went on floors just after Diwali, on October 26, in Mumbai. Nearly 10-11 days of the shoot have been completed, and it is progressing well. Khushi plays a crucial part, and she’s joined by Karishma Tanna. ‘Mom’ was directed by Ravi Udyawar. The sequel, however, is directed by Girish Kohli. He was one of the story writers of the first part and also single-handedly wrote its screenplay and dialogues. Boney realized that he will do justice to ‘Mom 2’ as he knows this series well and hence, gave him the responsibility. Also, Girish has proved his worth with the Sohum Shah-starrer ‘Crazxy,’ which released earlier this year. Boney plans to announce this film in a grand fashion on his birthday, which falls on November 11. Anticipation for ‘No Entry 2’Meanwhile, fans are looking forward to Boney’s other anticipated movie, ‘No Entry 2,’ which is the sequel to the 2005 blockbuster, ‘No Entry.’Casting setbacks for ‘No Entry 2’A few days ago, the sequel to ‘No Entry’ faced another setback with Varun Dhawan reportedly exiting the project. This follows the earlier departure of Punjabi singer-actor Diljit Dosanjh earlier this year. Both were originally slated to star alongside Arjun Kapoor in the follow-up to the 2005 hit. According to a Mid Day report, scheduling conflicts have caused a significant reshuffling of the cast. The report mentioned that Diljit’s exit made things a bit complicated for the team, as the project had already seen major changes from its initial lineup.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Boo of Jobs: Real anger about Artificial Intelligence at US convocations

Washington: For years, American commencement (convocation) speakers could safely rely on formulaic speeches involving inspirational cliches, autobiographical struggles, and exhortations to new graduates to “dream big” and not fear fail Read More

I am from India but none of my firm partners is Indian: Attorney Rahul Reddy counters hate on social media

Immigration attorney Rahul Reddy says stereotyping Indian managers as only hiring Indians is wrong. He said his law firm does not have an Indian partner though he founded the company. Read More

NEET paper leak: MPs grill NTA officials, DG says ‘was not leaked through system’

NEET (Representational) NEW DELHI: NTA director general Abhishek Singh on Thursday told the parliamentary panel that the NEET-UG 2026 paper was not leaked “through their system” and said the Central Bureau of Investigati Read More

‘Forced to convert and marry’: 23-year-old woman accuses man she met online abuse over years

Representative Image NEW DELHI: A 23-year-old woman has accused a man and his associates of kidnapping, gang-raping and forcing her into marriage after allegedly coercing her to convert her religion in southeast Delhi’s Jamia Nagar, Read More

Punjab health scheme provides Rs 522 crore in cashless treatment

ANI file photo The Punjab government’s Mukh Mantri Sehat Yojana has provided cashless medical treatment worth over Rs 522 crore to more than 1.59 lakh beneficiaries as of May 16, according to official data. Read More

Topics

Boo of Jobs: Real anger about Artificial Intelligence at US convocations

Washington: For years, American commencement (convocation) speakers could safely rely on formulaic speeches involving inspirational cliches, autobiographical struggles, and exhortations to new graduates to “dream big” and not fear fail Read More

I am from India but none of my firm partners is Indian: Attorney Rahul Reddy counters hate on social media

Immigration attorney Rahul Reddy says stereotyping Indian managers as only hiring Indians is wrong. He said his law firm does not have an Indian partner though he founded the company. Read More

NEET paper leak: MPs grill NTA officials, DG says ‘was not leaked through system’

NEET (Representational) NEW DELHI: NTA director general Abhishek Singh on Thursday told the parliamentary panel that the NEET-UG 2026 paper was not leaked “through their system” and said the Central Bureau of Investigati Read More

‘Forced to convert and marry’: 23-year-old woman accuses man she met online abuse over years

Representative Image NEW DELHI: A 23-year-old woman has accused a man and his associates of kidnapping, gang-raping and forcing her into marriage after allegedly coercing her to convert her religion in southeast Delhi’s Jamia Nagar, Read More

Punjab health scheme provides Rs 522 crore in cashless treatment

ANI file photo The Punjab government’s Mukh Mantri Sehat Yojana has provided cashless medical treatment worth over Rs 522 crore to more than 1.59 lakh beneficiaries as of May 16, according to official data. Read More

Not an essential part of Eid: Calcutta HC refuses to stay cattle slaughter restrictions ahead of festival

PTI file photo The Calcutta high court on Thursday refused to interfere with the West Bengal government’s notification restricting the slaughter of bulls, bullocks, cows, calves and buffaloes ahead of Bakr Eid next week. Read More

Umar Khalid moves Delhi HC seeking 15-day interim bail after trial court rejected ‘unreasonable’ plea

Umar Khalid NEW DELHI: Activist and former JNU student leader Umar Khalid has moved the Delhi High Court seeking 15 days’ interim bail from May 22 to June 5 in the 2020 northeast Delhi riots conspiracy case. Read More

Liu Jo holds first runway show in Venice, aims for half a billion in revenue

Published May 21, 2026 With an exclusive event set against the magnificent backdrop of the Scuola Grande della Misericordia in the heart of Venice, Liu Jo unequivocally affirmed its identity and evolution, reasserting the “Liu Jo ORA” manif Read More

Related Articles