Sunday, May 24, 2026
37.1 C
New Delhi

Lara: ‘Posted video because it could have been my LAST’

Lara Dutta and daughter return to Mumbai after being stranded in Dubai: 'Posted the video because it could have been my last'

Lara Dutta and her daughter safely returned to Mumbai after being stranded in Dubai due to Middle East tensions. The actress described their perilous two-hour drive to Fujairah, a journey fraught with the sounds of explosions, likening it to a movie. She revealed a personal reason for sharing her anxiety online, fearing it might be her last communication. Read on to know more in detail.

Lara Dutta is one of the Indian celebrities who was stuck in Dubai amid the conflict in the Middle East. The actress shared a video expressing her anxiety about being caught in the middle of tensions in West Asia. And now, she and her 14-year-old daughter have returned to Mumbai safely.

Lara Dutta talks about her ‘scary’ return journey to India from Dubai

In an interview with the Hindustan Times, Lara Dutta shared that she generally avoids posting such videos to prevent panic among her followers. The actress also opened up about her return journey. She said, “We lived just about 10 kms away from the Jebel Ali Port, which was being bombed every day. So we decided to take a chance, as I wanted to be with my husband and my family. We drove two hours to Fujairah, and just a day earlier, Fujairah port and the oil refinery had been bombed. It was scary; I am not going to lie about it.”Lara went on to add, “I was joking with my co-star Akshay Kumar that I felt like I was part of ‘Airlift 2’.”The actress shared that they could hear the explosions at the airport and hoped nothing would get hit. She added, “Hats off to the airlines as well. I am very sure my daughter is going to have some amount of trauma after this experience.”

Lara Dutta reveals why she posted a video on social media from Dubai

In the same conversation, Lara Dutta shared that there was a “personal reason” behind posting the video about being stuck in Dubai on social media. She said, “Maybe it sounds stupid to other people, but I was going to undertake, for me, what was going to be quite a dangerous journey back with my daughter alone.”The actress added that she had no idea what was going on on the other side, as these were really uncertain times. She expressed that no one had ever experienced something like that in the UAE. She added, “The reason that I wanted to put that video out was just a 1 percent thought in my head that it could possibly be the last thing that ever goes out.”

More about Lara Dutta

For those unaware, Lara Dutta has been living in Dubai since three years. She revealed that she moved to the Gulf country so her daughter could train with a renowned tennis coach based there. Meanwhile, her husband, Mahesh Bhupati, was in London for his work commitments.The actress is set to star in Ahmed Khan’s ‘Welcome to the Jungle,’ which Akshay Kumar leads. Meanwhile, Lara Dutta was not the only one who rushed to India due to the conflict in the Middle East. Celebs like Sonal Chauhan, Esha Gupta, Nargis Fakhri, Vishnu Manchu, and Ajith Kumar were also stranded in Dubai. Go to Source

Hot this week

Aishwarya’s UNSEEN look from Cannes goes viral – PICS

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan continues to dominate the fashion game at the Cannes Film Festival 2026, with the actress now going viral for yet another striking look unveiled off the red carpet. Read More

Sub-inspector among 6 cops suspended over explosives on PM Modi convoy route in Bengaluru

BENGALURU: Six police officers, including a sub-inspector, have been suspended for security lapse during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the Art of Living (AOL) Foundation in the Karnataka capital on May 10. Read More

1.5 lakh fake AI citations slipped into scientific record in 2025: Study

Suggests Several Researchers Copying Them Without Check BENGALURU: A surge of AI-generated fake citations has entered scientific literature, with a new study estimating that about 1. Read More

Olivia Dean brings the curtain down on Radio 1’s Big Weekend with ‘magic’ set

The British pop star has closed out a star-studded line-up at Big Weekend, which also included Fatboy Slim and Zara Larsson. Read More

‘He was never…’: WH shooter’s mother breaks silence after seeing son’s death on social media

The mother of the man shot dead by Secret Service officers near the White House has said she was left shocked after learning about the incident online, insisting her son “was never violent”. Read More

Topics

Aishwarya’s UNSEEN look from Cannes goes viral – PICS

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan continues to dominate the fashion game at the Cannes Film Festival 2026, with the actress now going viral for yet another striking look unveiled off the red carpet. Read More

Sub-inspector among 6 cops suspended over explosives on PM Modi convoy route in Bengaluru

BENGALURU: Six police officers, including a sub-inspector, have been suspended for security lapse during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the Art of Living (AOL) Foundation in the Karnataka capital on May 10. Read More

1.5 lakh fake AI citations slipped into scientific record in 2025: Study

Suggests Several Researchers Copying Them Without Check BENGALURU: A surge of AI-generated fake citations has entered scientific literature, with a new study estimating that about 1. Read More

Olivia Dean brings the curtain down on Radio 1’s Big Weekend with ‘magic’ set

The British pop star has closed out a star-studded line-up at Big Weekend, which also included Fatboy Slim and Zara Larsson. Read More

‘He was never…’: WH shooter’s mother breaks silence after seeing son’s death on social media

The mother of the man shot dead by Secret Service officers near the White House has said she was left shocked after learning about the incident online, insisting her son “was never violent”. Read More

Government brings in experts from IITs & PSBs to fix glitches in CBSE portal

NEW DELHI: Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan has sought a detailed report from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) after widespread complaints from students and parents over technical glitches during the post-result Read More

How a con woman used sharia law to dupe investors of Rs 6,000 crore

NEW DELHI: ED has come across a case where the prime targets of a scam were Muslims following sharia law, which prohibits earning interest on investments. Read More

India can always count on me: Donald Trump

NEW DELHI: India and the US had never been closer, US President Donald Trump told Sergio Gor in the middle of the US Independence Day celebrations, ‘Freedom 250’, attended by secretary of state Marco Rubio and external af Read More

Related Articles