Thursday, May 21, 2026
39.1 C
New Delhi

Farhan Akhtar set for Hollywood debut in ‘The Beatles’

Farhan Akhtar set for Hollywood debut in 'The Beatles - A Four-Film Cinematic Event' amid 'Don 3' drama

Farhan Akhtar is all set for his Hollywood acting debut in director Sam Mendes’ ambitious ‘The Beatles – A Four-Film Cinematic Event’. The actor and director, who is in the news over his awaited spy film ‘Don 3’, is now heading West to feature in his first Hollywood role. Akhtar will reportedly play the role of legendary Indian composer Ravi Shankar.

Farhan Akhtar cast as Ravi Shankar

As per the report on Variety, the actor will play the sitar maestro who significantly influenced George Harrison and introduced Indian classical elements into The Beatles’ music during the 1960s. With this, Akhtar joins a star-studded ensemble that includes Paul Mescal as Paul McCartney, Harris Dickinson as John Lennon, Barry Keoghan as Ringo Starr and Joseph Quinn as Harrison.Farhan’s casting comes along with a list of other Hollywood stars, also joining the film. Lucy Boynton will join the cast as Jane Asher, while ‘Lord of the Rings’ star Morfydd Clark will star as Cynthia Lennon (John Lennon’s first wife) and Harry Lawtey as Stuart Sutcliffe, the band’s original bass guitarist.

Farhan Akhtar’s other Hollywood projects

The role, is a major crossover moment for Akhtar, who last ventured west with the web series ‘Ms Marvel’. The actor played a small but significant role in the web series that launched Iman Vellani onto the big screen as the Marvel superhero.

‘The Beatles’ cast

As previously announced, Saoirse Ronan will play Linda McCartney, Anna Sawai will portray Yoko Ono, Aimee Lou Wood takes on the role of Pattie Boyd and Mia McKenna-Bruce will play Maureen Starkey. James Norton has been cast as manager Brian Epstein, while Harry Lloyd will portray producer George Martin.

About ‘The Beatles’ movie

The ambitious film helmed by Mendes, will comprise four separate films, each from the perspective of a band member. The movie will reportedly chronicle The Beatles’ meteoric rise from Liverpool to global superstardom and their eventual breakup in 1970. The Beatles have reportedly granted full life story and music rights for a scripted feature. All four versions will be released in theatres in April 2028.

Farhan Akhtar and Ranveer Singh’s ‘Don 3’ controversy

The announcement comes amid ongoing drama surrounding ‘Don 3’. As per recent reports, Farhan’s Excel Entertainment allegedly reached out to seek compensation of Rs 40 crore from actor Ranveer Singh, after he reportedly walked out of their film ‘Don 3’ due to creative differences. Go to Source

Hot this week

Boo of Jobs: Real anger about Artificial Intelligence at US convocations

Washington: For years, American commencement (convocation) speakers could safely rely on formulaic speeches involving inspirational cliches, autobiographical struggles, and exhortations to new graduates to “dream big” and not fear fail Read More

I am from India but none of my firm partners is Indian: Attorney Rahul Reddy counters hate on social media

Immigration attorney Rahul Reddy says stereotyping Indian managers as only hiring Indians is wrong. He said his law firm does not have an Indian partner though he founded the company. Read More

NEET paper leak: MPs grill NTA officials, DG says ‘was not leaked through system’

NEET (Representational) NEW DELHI: NTA director general Abhishek Singh on Thursday told the parliamentary panel that the NEET-UG 2026 paper was not leaked “through their system” and said the Central Bureau of Investigati Read More

‘Forced to convert and marry’: 23-year-old woman accuses man she met online abuse over years

Representative Image NEW DELHI: A 23-year-old woman has accused a man and his associates of kidnapping, gang-raping and forcing her into marriage after allegedly coercing her to convert her religion in southeast Delhi’s Jamia Nagar, Read More

Punjab health scheme provides Rs 522 crore in cashless treatment

ANI file photo The Punjab government’s Mukh Mantri Sehat Yojana has provided cashless medical treatment worth over Rs 522 crore to more than 1.59 lakh beneficiaries as of May 16, according to official data. Read More

Topics

Boo of Jobs: Real anger about Artificial Intelligence at US convocations

Washington: For years, American commencement (convocation) speakers could safely rely on formulaic speeches involving inspirational cliches, autobiographical struggles, and exhortations to new graduates to “dream big” and not fear fail Read More

I am from India but none of my firm partners is Indian: Attorney Rahul Reddy counters hate on social media

Immigration attorney Rahul Reddy says stereotyping Indian managers as only hiring Indians is wrong. He said his law firm does not have an Indian partner though he founded the company. Read More

NEET paper leak: MPs grill NTA officials, DG says ‘was not leaked through system’

NEET (Representational) NEW DELHI: NTA director general Abhishek Singh on Thursday told the parliamentary panel that the NEET-UG 2026 paper was not leaked “through their system” and said the Central Bureau of Investigati Read More

‘Forced to convert and marry’: 23-year-old woman accuses man she met online abuse over years

Representative Image NEW DELHI: A 23-year-old woman has accused a man and his associates of kidnapping, gang-raping and forcing her into marriage after allegedly coercing her to convert her religion in southeast Delhi’s Jamia Nagar, Read More

Punjab health scheme provides Rs 522 crore in cashless treatment

ANI file photo The Punjab government’s Mukh Mantri Sehat Yojana has provided cashless medical treatment worth over Rs 522 crore to more than 1.59 lakh beneficiaries as of May 16, according to official data. Read More

Not an essential part of Eid: Calcutta HC refuses to stay cattle slaughter restrictions ahead of festival

PTI file photo The Calcutta high court on Thursday refused to interfere with the West Bengal government’s notification restricting the slaughter of bulls, bullocks, cows, calves and buffaloes ahead of Bakr Eid next week. Read More

Umar Khalid moves Delhi HC seeking 15-day interim bail after trial court rejected ‘unreasonable’ plea

Umar Khalid NEW DELHI: Activist and former JNU student leader Umar Khalid has moved the Delhi High Court seeking 15 days’ interim bail from May 22 to June 5 in the 2020 northeast Delhi riots conspiracy case. Read More

Liu Jo holds first runway show in Venice, aims for half a billion in revenue

Published May 21, 2026 With an exclusive event set against the magnificent backdrop of the Scuola Grande della Misericordia in the heart of Venice, Liu Jo unequivocally affirmed its identity and evolution, reasserting the “Liu Jo ORA” manif Read More

Related Articles