Sunday, May 24, 2026
32.1 C
New Delhi

Baahubali- The Epic needs just Rs 14 lakhs to go past Sanam Teri Kasam’s record

SS Rajamouli- Prabhas’s ‘Baahubali- The Epic’ needs just Rs 14 lakhs to go past Harshvardhan Rane’s 'Sanam Teri Kasam'

In a cinematic showdown, Baahubali: The Epic is on its way to claiming the title of the highest-grossing re-release, inching ever closer to the benchmark set by Sanam Teri Kasam. However, director SS Rajamouli’s highly anticipated project starring Mahesh Babu, Priyanka Chopra, and Prithviraj is facing criticism for its lackluster first looks.

Over the past few years a market for re-release has been created and it has given a new lease of life to many films. So when producer Shobu Yarlagadda and director SS Rajamouli bring back Baahubali to the theaters in a new avatar as Baahubali- The Epic everyone was expecting fireworks at the box office. And the film did fire in the initial few days but post the weekend the film has been on a downward spiral. But thanks to its initial boost the film is all set to become the highest grossing re-released film by the weekend and displace Harshvardhan Rane’s Sanam Teri Kasam from the spot. Sanam Teri Kasam in its re-release run minted Rs 33.18 crore and went on to become the highest grossing re-release film in India. The Epic has now finally crossed the Rs 33 crore mark and its till now collection stands at Rs 33.04 crore. The film on Wednesday added Rs 15 lakh to its kitty to make it go past the Rs 33 crore mark and now it needs just another Rs 14 lakh to go past Sanam Teri Kasam’s number to gain the top spot.

S. S. Rajamouli Confirms Tamannaah’S Song ‘Pacha Bottesina’ Removal From ‘Baahubali’

SS Rajamouli is now all geared up for his next film which features Mahesh Babu, Priyanka Chopra and Prithviraj- the film is going to be launched on 15th November: He has till now released the first looks of Prithviraj and Priyanka Chopra and both have got very underwhelming response from the netizens, to the extent that people are comparing Prithviraj’s look to scientist Stephen Hawking and Vivek Oberoi’s look from Hrithik Roshan starrer Krrish. And now is buzz is to be believed after Baahubali, now even Allu Arjun and Rashmika’s Pushpa franchise is gearing for a release with both films being clubbed into one. The films were directed by Sukumar and the second installment is the highest grossing film of Indian Cinema.

Go to Source

Hot this week

‘He got arrogant’: Magnus Carlsen slammed for stepping away from World Championship cycle

Former world champion has criticised Magnus Carlsen for stepping away from the World Chess Championship cycle, calling it arrogance and saying the Norwegian star made a mistake after dominating classical chess for years. Read More

White House gunfire scare: Footage shows journalists running for shelter

Tension gripped the White House complex on Sunday after series of gunfire were heard near the presidential compound, forcing journalists to rush into secure shelter areas while heavily armed law enforcement personnel sealed off parts Read More

SpaceX’s Starship flight hits most targets in pre-IPO test

STARBASE: SpaceX completed a largely successful test flight of its next-generation Starship rocket on Friday, deploying a clutch of mock satellites and executing a controlled splashdown in the Indian Ocean in a high-stakes debut of th Read More

Two people shot in Secret Service gun encounter near the White House, suspect taken to hospital

Two people were shot during an encounter with Secret Service near the White House on Saturday, sparking concerns about the safety of US President Donald Trump. Read More

Iran Israel War Live Updates: Trump says US-Iran agreement is ‘largely negotiated’, details to be announced soon

Iran Israel War Live Updates: US President Donald Trump said a deal with Iran had been “largely negotiated,” with the proposal including opening the crucial Strait of Hormuz, though the agreement was “subject to finalisation. Read More

Topics

‘He got arrogant’: Magnus Carlsen slammed for stepping away from World Championship cycle

Former world champion has criticised Magnus Carlsen for stepping away from the World Chess Championship cycle, calling it arrogance and saying the Norwegian star made a mistake after dominating classical chess for years. Read More

White House gunfire scare: Footage shows journalists running for shelter

Tension gripped the White House complex on Sunday after series of gunfire were heard near the presidential compound, forcing journalists to rush into secure shelter areas while heavily armed law enforcement personnel sealed off parts Read More

SpaceX’s Starship flight hits most targets in pre-IPO test

STARBASE: SpaceX completed a largely successful test flight of its next-generation Starship rocket on Friday, deploying a clutch of mock satellites and executing a controlled splashdown in the Indian Ocean in a high-stakes debut of th Read More

Two people shot in Secret Service gun encounter near the White House, suspect taken to hospital

Two people were shot during an encounter with Secret Service near the White House on Saturday, sparking concerns about the safety of US President Donald Trump. Read More

Iran Israel War Live Updates: Trump says US-Iran agreement is ‘largely negotiated’, details to be announced soon

Iran Israel War Live Updates: US President Donald Trump said a deal with Iran had been “largely negotiated,” with the proposal including opening the crucial Strait of Hormuz, though the agreement was “subject to finalisation. Read More

Heavenly, Dramatic And Unmissable: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Stunning Cannes 2026 Red Carpet Looks

From regal whites to dramatic silhouettes, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan once again turned Cannes 2026 into her personal runway and left the internet completely mesmerised. Read More

Site, web accounts blocked, says Cockroach Janta Party founder

NEW DELHI: Cockroach Janta Party (CJP), the online satirical movement, claimed another setback on Saturday after founder Abhijeet Dipke said the outfit’s official website had been taken down by the Centre, days after its main X Read More

217 Indians joined Russian army, 49 dead, Centre tells SC

Russian army soldiers (Image credit: AP) NEW DELHI: Union govt has told SC that as many as 217 Indians had joined Russian forces, of which 49 died and six are missing in action in the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war. Read More

Related Articles