Thursday, May 21, 2026
34.1 C
New Delhi

New MasterChef hosts revealed after Wallace and Torode axed

Food critic Grace Dent and chef Anna Haugh are the new hosts of MasterChef, after Gregg Wallace and John Torode were sacked.

Dent has appeared regularly as a guest on MasterChef, while Haugh has been a judge on the spin-off Professionals series.

Wallace and Torode had hosted the show for 20 years, but were axed in July after a report upheld claims against them.

The BBC decided to broadcast this year’s amateurs series of MasterChef – with both Wallace and Torode in it – for the sake of the chefs who had taken part in it.

Author and podcaster Dent was a contestant on MasterChef: Battle Of The Critics in 2023.

Last year, it was announced that she would host the next series of Celebrity MasterChef alongside Torode, after Wallace temporarily stepped back from presenting the show following allegations against him.

The BBC has not yet announced what it plans to do with the completed celebrity series.

Dublin-born chef Anna Haugh is the founder of Myrtle restaurant in London, and is also a familiar face on TV screens.

She replaced Wallace in the final episodes of the current MasterChef amateurs series, as that’s when the allegations against him first emerged during filming in November.

The BBC has also confirmed that chef and television presenter Matt Tebbutt will replace Wallace as a judge on the next series of MasterChef: The Professionals.

The Saturday Kitchen host will join Marcus Wareing and Monica Galetti on the programme.

The controversy over MasterChef started last year, when BBC News first revealed claims of inappropriate sexual comments against Wallace.

The show’s production company ordered an immediate inquiry into the allegations. This summer, the report upheld more than 40 claims against Wallace including one of unwelcome physical contact and three of being in a state of undress.

A claim that Torode had used a severely offensive racist term was also substantiated.

Wallace has insisted he was cleared of the “most serious” allegations, while Torode says he has “no recollection” of the incident.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Ebola outbreak forces India to put off Africa summit

. NEW DELHI: The much-delayed 4th India-Africa summit that India was to host from May 28 to 31 was postponed on Thursday on account of the deadly Ebola virus outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Read More

AI plane’s tail scrapes runway while going around at Bengaluru

. NEW DELHI: An Airbus A321 operated by Air India with about 190 people aboard suffered a tail strike while going around — aborting landing and taking off again — at Bengaluru airport on Thursday. Read More

Muslim side in SC, challenges high court’s Bhojshala order

. NEW DELHI: The Muslim side Thursday moved SC challenging a Madhya Pradesh HC order which said the disputed Bhojshala complex was a temple dedicated to Goddess Saraswati. Read More

Topics

Ebola outbreak forces India to put off Africa summit

. NEW DELHI: The much-delayed 4th India-Africa summit that India was to host from May 28 to 31 was postponed on Thursday on account of the deadly Ebola virus outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Read More

AI plane’s tail scrapes runway while going around at Bengaluru

. NEW DELHI: An Airbus A321 operated by Air India with about 190 people aboard suffered a tail strike while going around — aborting landing and taking off again — at Bengaluru airport on Thursday. Read More

Muslim side in SC, challenges high court’s Bhojshala order

. NEW DELHI: The Muslim side Thursday moved SC challenging a Madhya Pradesh HC order which said the disputed Bhojshala complex was a temple dedicated to Goddess Saraswati. Read More

Sam Fender, Rosalía and Jacob Alon win Ivor Novello Awards

Lola Young helped to honour Elton John at Thursday’s event, which celebrates the craft of songwriting. Read More

Arya on Raj Babbar-Smita Patil affair, Prateik’s rift with family

Actor-comedian Arya Babbar opened up about the Babbar family’s complicated history in a recent interview. Read More

‘Emily in Paris’ to end after Season 6 – WATCH

Series ‘Emily in Paris’ to conclude with Season 6 ‘Emily in Paris’ is set to conclude after Season 6.The makers on Thursday, kicked off filming the final season in Greece. Read More

Related Articles