Saturday, November 29, 2025
15.1 C
New Delhi

‘Any Document Signed By Sleepy Joe’: Trump Scraps Biden-Era Orders, Says Autopen Signatures Void Them

In a dramatic escalation of his long-running criticism of Joe Biden’s presidency, US President Donald Trump on Friday declared that he is voiding every Executive Order and official document issued during Biden’s tenure that was not personally signed by the former president. The announcement, delivered through an extensive post on Truth Social, underscores the confrontational style Trump has adopted since returning to the Oval Office.

According to Trump, the bulk of Biden’s directives were not authentically signed by him. Instead, Trump alleged that “approximately 92% of them” were stamped using an autopen — a mechanical signature device commonly used for high-volume official paperwork. Trump claimed the practice was never lawfully authorised and therefore rendered the documents “of no further force or effect.”

Trump Accuses Biden of Evading Responsibility

In his post, Trump insisted that Biden had little involvement in the signing process and suggested possible legal consequences, writing that any denial by Biden could open him up to perjury allegations. The message follows a familiar pattern of Trump questioning Biden’s attention to and involvement in governmental duties.

Earlier this year, Trump took a public dig at his predecessor by unveiling a “Presidential Walk of Fame” outside the White House that showcased portraits of former presidents—except Biden. In his place stood an image of an autopen machine, a symbolic jab suggesting Biden was detached from decision-making.

Taking to Truth Social, Trump said: “Any document signed by Sleepy Joe Biden with the Autopen, which was approximately 92% of them, is hereby terminated, and of no further force or effect. The Autopen is not allowed to be used if approval is not specifically given by the President of the United States. The Radical Left Lunatics circling Biden around the beautiful Resolute Desk in the Oval Office took the Presidency away from him. I am hereby cancelling all Executive Orders, and anything else that was not directly signed by Crooked Joe Biden, because the people who operated the Autopen did so illegally.”

Autopen: A Tool With A Long Presidential History

Despite Trump’s criticism, the autopen has been a staple of US presidential administrations for more than a century. The device, which replicates signatures using real ink, has helped officials handle the vast volume of documents requiring authentication. Thomas Jefferson obtained an early version in 1803, and presidents including Gerald Ford, Lyndon B. Johnson, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama used the tool, as per US Today.

In 2011, Obama became the first president to use an autopen to sign legislation into law, a move that sparked debate but ultimately stood unquestioned in legal terms. Even Trump himself relied on the technology during his earlier term for routine correspondence.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Hong Kong fire tragedy: Were authorities alerted long before? Key details

AP image More than a year before a massive blaze tore through the Wang Fuk Court housing estate in Hong Kong, residents had raised an alarm over the use of flammable construction materials during ongoing renovation works. Read More

Laalo-Krishna Sada Sahaayate mints Rs 80 crore in 50 days

Gujarati film ‘Laalo-Krishna Sada Sahaayate’ has achieved a rare feat, completing 50 days in theatres and becoming one of 2025’s biggest Indian hits. Read More

BCCI Releases Full WPL 2026 Schedule: Dates And Venues Revealed

The full schedule for Women’s Premier League 2026 has been announced by BCCI. The complete list of fixtures is prepared. WPL tournament will kick off on January 9, with matches across Navi Mumbai and Vadodara. The final is set for February 5. Read More

Manish Malhotra’s Gustaakh Ishq Premiere Was All About Stars, Style And Love

Actors Vijay Varma and Fatima Sana Shaikh’s Gustaakh Ishq screening was a star-studded affair. Read More

‘Pakistan Will Explode Into Chaos’: Imran Khan’s Sister Warns As Death Rumours Spark Outrage

Pakistan’s political temperature has spiked again after former Prime Minister Imran Khan’s sister issued a series of explosive statements questioning his safety, health, and the secrecy surrounding his confinement in Adiala Jail. Read More

Topics

Hong Kong fire tragedy: Were authorities alerted long before? Key details

AP image More than a year before a massive blaze tore through the Wang Fuk Court housing estate in Hong Kong, residents had raised an alarm over the use of flammable construction materials during ongoing renovation works. Read More

Laalo-Krishna Sada Sahaayate mints Rs 80 crore in 50 days

Gujarati film ‘Laalo-Krishna Sada Sahaayate’ has achieved a rare feat, completing 50 days in theatres and becoming one of 2025’s biggest Indian hits. Read More

BCCI Releases Full WPL 2026 Schedule: Dates And Venues Revealed

The full schedule for Women’s Premier League 2026 has been announced by BCCI. The complete list of fixtures is prepared. WPL tournament will kick off on January 9, with matches across Navi Mumbai and Vadodara. The final is set for February 5. Read More

Manish Malhotra’s Gustaakh Ishq Premiere Was All About Stars, Style And Love

Actors Vijay Varma and Fatima Sana Shaikh’s Gustaakh Ishq screening was a star-studded affair. Read More

‘Pakistan Will Explode Into Chaos’: Imran Khan’s Sister Warns As Death Rumours Spark Outrage

Pakistan’s political temperature has spiked again after former Prime Minister Imran Khan’s sister issued a series of explosive statements questioning his safety, health, and the secrecy surrounding his confinement in Adiala Jail. Read More

Indiana senator to vote against Trump over slur; cites daughter’s Down Syndrome

Bohacek, Trump A Republican senator from Indiana has said he will vote against the state’s redistricting plan after Donald Trump used an insulting term for people with intellectual disabilities on social media. Read More

Hong Kong begins three-day mourning period as 128 die in worst fire in decades

Authorities said the cause was yet to be determined, but preliminary investigations suggested the fire started on protective netting on the lower floors of one of the towers and that “highly flammable” foam boards, as well as bamboo scaffolding, had Read More

YouTuber Accused Of Damaging Girl’s Eye In Diwali Firecracker Accident ‘Goes Ghost’ Amid Backlash

Andy’s remarks came after a widely shared Instagram video accused Pepper of downplaying the seriousness of the injury. Read More

Related Articles