Wednesday, February 18, 2026
17.1 C
New Delhi

Ford recalling 1.4 million US vehicles over faulty rear-view cameras



<p>In November 2024, Ford agreed to a $165 million civil penalty after a NHTSA investigation found the automaker failed to recall vehicles with defective rear-view cameras in a timely manner.</p>
<p>“/><figcaption class= In November 2024, Ford agreed to a $165 million civil penalty after a NHTSA investigation found the automaker failed to recall vehicles with defective rear-view cameras in a timely manner.

Ford said Wednesday it is recalling nearly 1.45 million older vehicles in the United States due to faulty rear-view cameras and will extend warranty coverage on millions of other vehicles.

The announcement is the latest in a series of recalls over the issue for the second-largest US automaker. Last month, Ford recalled 1.9 million vehicles worldwide due to faulty rear-view cameras.

The new recall comes after the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in January asked Ford about complaints of camera failures, prompting the automaker to investigate.

Recalled vehicles may have cameras that have distorted, intermittent or blank images when in reverse, increasing the risk of a crash. The recall covers various 2015 through 2020 model year Explorer, Escape, Mustang, Flex, Fiesta, C-Max, Taurus, Fusion and Lincoln MKT and MKZ vehicles. Dealers will inspect and replace cameras as needed.

In September, NHTSA and Ford agreed on a plan to address the population of all vehicles built between 2015 and 2025 with analog cameras in two categories: some would be recalled and the remainder would be covered by a level customer satisfaction program that includes a 15-year extended warranty on rear cameras.

Ford did not immediately say how many vehicles are covered by the extended warranty but it includes more than two dozen vehicle models including 2015-2020 F-150 trucks.

Ford told NHTSA it is aware of about 12,500 warranty claims tied to camera issues as well as five accidents but no injuries.

In November 2024, Ford agreed to a $165 million civil penalty after a NHTSA investigation found the automaker failed to recall vehicles with defective rear-view cameras in a timely manner.

The automaker has been beset by a wave of recalls this year for a range of defects, including backup-camera failures, faulty low-pressure fuel pumps and problems with the seat-belt system. Earlier this month, Ford recalled about 625,000 vehicles for another rear-view camera issue as well as for a seatbelt issue.

Ford is not taking any new charge to account for the latest recall.

  • Published On Oct 22, 2025 at 06:42 PM IST

Join the community of 2M+ industry professionals.

Subscribe to Newsletter to get latest insights & analysis in your inbox.

All about ETAuto industry right on your smartphone!

Go to Source

Hot this week

Ramadan 2026: This Telangana Stall’s ‘Modern’ Twist On Haleem Is Breaking Records

Khursheed Hotel’s Ramzan special haleem and harees stalls in Warangal’s Mandi Bazaar draw huge crowds, serving up to 1,000 plates daily with premium ingredients. Read More

Kia Seltos crosses six lakh sales milestone in India

Kia India on Wednesday said its mid-size SUV, the Kia Seltos, has crossed the six lakh cumulative sales milestone in India since its launch in 2019, reinforcing its position as one of the segment’s consistent volume drivers. Read More

ICC’s Backup Plan: This Country To Host 2029 And 2031 World Cup If India Misses Out

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom Ongoing geopolitical tensions and recent disruptions during ICC Men’s 2026 T20 World Cup have reportedly prompted ICC to evaluate alternative hosts for major events or Read More

Japan PM Sanae Takaichi Reappointed After Landslide Win, Eyes Hard-Right Policy Shift

Japan’s Parliament on Wednesday formally reappointed Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi to form her second Cabinet, days after her decisive election victory handed her party sweeping control of the lower house. Read More

Roses Are Red, Bills Are Brutal: Mumbai Man’s Valentine’s Day Dine Out Bill Is Rs 1.3 Lakh!

A Valentine’s Day dinner turned into a jaw-dropping shock for a Mumbai man when his restaurant bill hit a staggering Rs 1. Read More

Topics

Ramadan 2026: This Telangana Stall’s ‘Modern’ Twist On Haleem Is Breaking Records

Khursheed Hotel’s Ramzan special haleem and harees stalls in Warangal’s Mandi Bazaar draw huge crowds, serving up to 1,000 plates daily with premium ingredients. Read More

Kia Seltos crosses six lakh sales milestone in India

Kia India on Wednesday said its mid-size SUV, the Kia Seltos, has crossed the six lakh cumulative sales milestone in India since its launch in 2019, reinforcing its position as one of the segment’s consistent volume drivers. Read More

ICC’s Backup Plan: This Country To Host 2029 And 2031 World Cup If India Misses Out

Show Quick Read Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom Ongoing geopolitical tensions and recent disruptions during ICC Men’s 2026 T20 World Cup have reportedly prompted ICC to evaluate alternative hosts for major events or Read More

Japan PM Sanae Takaichi Reappointed After Landslide Win, Eyes Hard-Right Policy Shift

Japan’s Parliament on Wednesday formally reappointed Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi to form her second Cabinet, days after her decisive election victory handed her party sweeping control of the lower house. Read More

Roses Are Red, Bills Are Brutal: Mumbai Man’s Valentine’s Day Dine Out Bill Is Rs 1.3 Lakh!

A Valentine’s Day dinner turned into a jaw-dropping shock for a Mumbai man when his restaurant bill hit a staggering Rs 1. Read More

‘Boy vs girl’ budget: Rajasthan BJP MLA’s sexist remark sparks row; he asks ‘what is wrong?’

NEW DELHI: A Rajasthan BJP MLA sparked a controversy during the assembly debate on the state budget after drawing a gendered comparison between present BJP government’s budget and that of the previous Congress regime. Read More

‘Prohibition causing significant financial losses’: NDA allies nudge Nitish Kumar to reconsider liquor ban

NEW DELHI: Calls for a rethink of Bihar’s decade-old liquor ban have resurfaced within the ruling alliance, with NDA allies urging chief minister Nitish Kumar to review the policy. Read More

Related Articles