Sunday, May 24, 2026
37.1 C
New Delhi

Dharmasthala case: Complainant Chinnaiah records voluntary statement; ‘admits to making false claims’

Dharmasthala case: Complainant Chinnaiah records voluntary statement; 'admits to making false claims'

Complainant CN Chinnaiah

NEW DELHI: The voluntary statement of CN Chinnaiah, the complainant in the Dharmasthala mass burial case, was recorded on Saturday evening by the Additional Civil Judge and Judicial First Class Magistrate in Belthangady, officials said on Sunday.The statement was taken under Section 183 of the Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita (BNSS), PTI reported, citing police sources. According to the sources, Chinnaiah admitted in his statement that his earlier claims—including allegations of multiple rapes, murders, and burials in Dharmasthala over two decades—were “false” and made at the behest of “certain individuals.” The police did not disclose the names of these individuals due to technical reasons.

Dharmasthala Mass Burial Case: Whistleblower Arrested by SIT After Inconsistencies Found

Also Read | ‘Coerced to bury 100 bodies, mostly women and minors’: SIT finds 15 bones in Karnataka’s Dharmasthala forest pit Chinnaiah had previously been arrested by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) on charges of perjury, for allegedly giving false statements during court proceedings on July 11. He also told the court that the skull he had presented as “evidence” on July 11 was handed to him by Vittala Gowda, the uncle of one of the alleged victims.Meanwhile, Karnataka deputy chief minister DK Shivakumar on Saturday said the state government’s only objective was to make people “aware of the facts” in connection with the case. Shivakumar was responding to Dharmasthala temple Dharmadhikari Veerendra Heggade’s statement where he had expressed his gratitude to the government for constituting the SIT in the case, due to which the truth is coming out.Also Read | Dharmasthala mass burial case: SIT finds 7 human skulls in forest; possible suicide site, say sources”Let the report come. I have seen his (Veerendra Heggade) statement in the media. There is no point in speaking on the matter until the final report comes. People may speak politically, but I can’t do it being a part of the government. Either home minister or chief minister will make an official statement after the report comes,” Shivakumar said in response to a question.

Go to Source

Hot this week

Trump’s emerging Iran deal sparks backlash from Republican hawks over nuclear, Hormuz concerns

Several Republican leaders and former Trump allies warned that any agreement allowing Iran to retain nuclear leverage or regional influence could undermine the objectives of the US-led military campaign. Read More

Trump tells US negotiators ‘not to rush’ into deal with Iran

The deal under discussion would involve a 60-day ceasefire extension during which the Strait of Hormuz would be reopened, according to US media. Read More

Large-scale Russian attack on Ukraine leaves four dead and dozens injured

The Oreshnik missile, which reportedly travels over 10 times the speed of sound, was used, Russia has confirmed. Read More

Turkish riot police storm opposition offices after leaders ousted

Officers forced their way into the building days after the party vowed to defy a court ruling removing its leaders. Read More

BBC at the site of China’s worst mining disaster in more than a decade

At least 82 people have been killed and two are missing after a coal mine blast in northern China, officials have said. Read More

Topics

Trump’s emerging Iran deal sparks backlash from Republican hawks over nuclear, Hormuz concerns

Several Republican leaders and former Trump allies warned that any agreement allowing Iran to retain nuclear leverage or regional influence could undermine the objectives of the US-led military campaign. Read More

Trump tells US negotiators ‘not to rush’ into deal with Iran

The deal under discussion would involve a 60-day ceasefire extension during which the Strait of Hormuz would be reopened, according to US media. Read More

Large-scale Russian attack on Ukraine leaves four dead and dozens injured

The Oreshnik missile, which reportedly travels over 10 times the speed of sound, was used, Russia has confirmed. Read More

Turkish riot police storm opposition offices after leaders ousted

Officers forced their way into the building days after the party vowed to defy a court ruling removing its leaders. Read More

BBC at the site of China’s worst mining disaster in more than a decade

At least 82 people have been killed and two are missing after a coal mine blast in northern China, officials have said. Read More

Blast targeting train kills at least 20 in Pakistan

Officials say the train had been transporting military personnel home for Eid when it was attacked by armed separatists. Read More

‘Fastest man in India wears whites’: Navy salutes petty officer Gurindervir who broke national 100m record

New Delhi: Gurindervir Singh, who has become the first Indian to clock sub-10.10 seconds in the men’s 100m sprint, holds the rank of a petty officer in the Indian Navy. Read More

WATCH – Pep Guardiola bids emotional farewell to Man City: ‘Players do not know it but I will be there controlling them’

Pep Guardiola delivered an emotional farewell after his final match as Manchester City manager, reflecting on his 10-year spell at the Etihad and thanking fans, players, and the club. Read More

Related Articles