Tuesday, February 17, 2026
19.1 C
New Delhi

Mercedes-Benz announces top management reshuffle as Markus Schäfer retires



<p>Jörg Burzer</p>
<p>“/><figcaption class= Jörg Burzer

Mercedes-Benz Group AG has announced significant changes to its Board of Management, with senior executives Jörg Burzer and Michael Schiebe taking on new roles as part of a leadership transition aimed at accelerating the company’s transformation.

Effective December 1, 2025, Michael Schiebe — currently CEO of Mercedes-AMG GmbH and Head of the Top End Vehicle (TEV) Group — will succeed Jörg Burzer as Member of the Board responsible for Production, Quality & Supply Chain Management. Burzer, in turn, will take over as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and head of Development & Procurement from Markus Schäfer, who will retire after more than 30 years with the company. The successor to Schiebe at Mercedes-AMG will be named later.

The Supervisory Board said the reshuffle reflects a strategy of combining continuity with fresh perspectives. “Two outstanding managers from our own ranks, Jörg Burzer and Michael Schiebe, are taking over key divisions that are of decisive importance for the future success of Mercedes-Benz Group,” said Supervisory Board Chairman Martin Brudermüller. He praised Burzer for elevating global vehicle production through innovation and efficiency, and Schiebe for his proven ability to deliver strategic and operational excellence.

Brudermüller also paid tribute to Schäfer, who has been the architect of Mercedes-Benz’s technology strategy, driving the shift to electrification and digital integration. “The current product offensive clearly bears his signature,” he said, adding that Schäfer’s legacy will remain visible across the company’s portfolio and in his role as Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Ltd.

Burzer, who has been on the Board of Management since 2019, currently oversees the global production network spanning more than 30 sites for vehicles, powertrains, and batteries. Schiebe, with over two decades of experience at Mercedes-Benz, has led AMG and the TEV Group since March 2023 and previously held key roles in sales, marketing, and corporate strategy.

  • Published On Sep 25, 2025 at 07:59 AM IST

Join the community of 2M+ industry professionals.

Subscribe to Newsletter to get latest insights & analysis in your inbox.

All about ETAuto industry right on your smartphone!

Go to Source

Hot this week

Dallas becoming ‘Dallaspuram’: Indian festival video from Texas resurfaces amid H-1B visa row, MAGA responds

A viral social media post claiming Dallas is being turned into “Dallaspuram” has stirred a row over immigration and H1B visas after old festival footage resurfaced online. Read More

Did Kai Cenat unfollow Ray on Instagram? Social media move sparks fan speculation online

Kai Cenat (Image Via Getty) Rumors about Kai Cenat and Ray started spreading fast after social media posts claimed the popular streamer had unfollowed his friend and removed him from the Clover Boyz group. Read More

Amid Nuclear Talks, Iran Signals Openness To Verification As US Military Build-Up Heightens Tensions

Tehran’s verification signal comes as negotiators agree on guiding principles while Washington increases military pressure in the region. Read More

Top Trump aide Tricia McLaughlin to leave DHS — Has Trump’s immigration crackdown gone too far?

One of the most outspoken faces of Donald Trump’s immigration crackdown is stepping down, raising questions about internal rift in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Read More

NGT nod thwarted Gandhis’ bid to stall Nicobar plan: BJP

Great Nicobar project NEW DELHI: BJP on Tuesday sharply criticised Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over their opposition to the Great Nicobar island infrastructure project, accusing them of going to great lengths to derail it. Read More

Topics

Dallas becoming ‘Dallaspuram’: Indian festival video from Texas resurfaces amid H-1B visa row, MAGA responds

A viral social media post claiming Dallas is being turned into “Dallaspuram” has stirred a row over immigration and H1B visas after old festival footage resurfaced online. Read More

Did Kai Cenat unfollow Ray on Instagram? Social media move sparks fan speculation online

Kai Cenat (Image Via Getty) Rumors about Kai Cenat and Ray started spreading fast after social media posts claimed the popular streamer had unfollowed his friend and removed him from the Clover Boyz group. Read More

Amid Nuclear Talks, Iran Signals Openness To Verification As US Military Build-Up Heightens Tensions

Tehran’s verification signal comes as negotiators agree on guiding principles while Washington increases military pressure in the region. Read More

Top Trump aide Tricia McLaughlin to leave DHS — Has Trump’s immigration crackdown gone too far?

One of the most outspoken faces of Donald Trump’s immigration crackdown is stepping down, raising questions about internal rift in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Read More

NGT nod thwarted Gandhis’ bid to stall Nicobar plan: BJP

Great Nicobar project NEW DELHI: BJP on Tuesday sharply criticised Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over their opposition to the Great Nicobar island infrastructure project, accusing them of going to great lengths to derail it. Read More

Maharashtra ATS busts soccer club front for radicalisation

Maharashtra ATS NAGPUR: Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) Sunday raided 21 locations across multiple districts and busted an alleged radicalisation network operating under the garb of a soccer club. Read More

Macron extends invite to Modi to attend G7 summit

French President Emmanuel Macron is in Mumbai for talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Defence, artificial intelligence, and critical minerals are key topics. Read More

‘Raise India-made component’ in Rafale deal: Rajnath to France

Bengaluru: Defence minister Rajnath Singh with French counterpart Catherine Vautrin during the 6th India-France Annual Defence Dialogue, in Bengaluru. Read More

Related Articles