Friday, May 22, 2026
33.1 C
New Delhi

‘Dressing up defeat as agreement’: Iran mocks Trump with ‘negotiating with yourself’ dig

'Dressing up defeat as agreement': Iran mocks Trump with 'negotiating with yourself' dig

‘Can never get along with people like you’: IRGC spokesperson Zolfaghari to Trump.

An Iranian military spokesperson has publicly ridiculed US efforts to broker a ceasefire, casting fresh doubt over Washington’s proposed 15-point peace plan.Lt. Col. Ebrahim Zolfaghari, speaking on state television on Wednesday, dismissed claims by Donald Trump that discussions were under way, suggesting instead that the US was “negotiating with itself.”“Have your internal conflicts reached the point where you are negotiating with yourselves?” he said in a recorded statement. “People like us can never get along with people like you. As we have always said… no one like us will make a deal with you. Not now. Not ever.”“The strategic power you used to talk about has turned into a strategic failure,” Zolfaghari said. “Don’t dress up your defeat as an agreement. Your era of empty promises has come to an end.”

Israel Iran War

Iran previously said it can not negotiate with the US as it has attacked the country twice during high level negotiations in the past two years. Four weeks into the war has left thousands dead, created the worst energy shock in history and sparked global inflation fears.The remarks come after a 15-point US proposal was conveyed to Tehran through intermediaries from Pakistan, which has also offered to host potential talks. While the plan has been described as a framework to de-escalate the conflict, Tehran’s response suggests little appetite for negotiations. Zolfaghari, who represents Iran’s Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters—the joint command overseeing both the regular military and the Revolutionary Guard — earlier mocked Trump in English and said, “Hey Trump, you’re fired! You’re familiar with that phrase. Thank you for your attention.” Even as diplomatic efforts falter, the US is ramping up its military posture in the region, with the Pentagon deploying two Marine units—adding roughly 5,000 troops and thousands of sailors—to maintain what officials describe as “maximum flexibility.”The move has reportedly caught Israel off guard, with its leadership said to favour continued military pressure over a ceasefire.Meanwhile, the conflict shows no signs of easing. Airstrikes continue to hit Iran, while Iranian missiles and drones target Israel and other sites across the region.Mounting economic pressure is also shaping the battlefield. Disruptions around the Strait of Hormuz have rattled global energy markets, sending oil prices higher and intensifying calls within the US for a resolution.But Tehran’s message remains uncompromising.

Go to Source

Hot this week

England World Cup squad controversy: Fans divided as Thomas Tuchel opts for bold omissions, shock recalls

England have not yet officially announced their FIFA World Cup 2026 squad but reports have revealed that Thomas Tuchel has taken several bold calls in his team. Read More

Why are Greenlanders protesting against the new US consulate in Nuuk?

The opening of a larger US consulate in Greenland’s capital Nuuk has resulted in protests and renewed concerns over President Donald Trump’s Arctic ambitions. Read More

After Iran, is Trump going to start a conflict with Cuba?

He’s in the midst of one war, but it appears that Donald Trump is mulling a new conflict. After the US indicted former Cuban President Raúl Castro, the US leader has raised the spectre of military intervention, saying he would be ‘happy to do it’. Read More

Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin Donates $500,000 To California Group Fighting Against ‘Overpaid CEO Tax’

Campaign finance filings show Brin made the donation to the political committee titled “Yes on C, No on D to protect San Francisco’s small businesses and economic recovery. Read More

GK: Which Was India’s First Semi-High-Speed Train That Completed 10 Years This Year?

India’s first semi-high-speed train completed 10 years in April 2026. Here’s everything to know about its route, top speed, and features. Read More

Topics

England World Cup squad controversy: Fans divided as Thomas Tuchel opts for bold omissions, shock recalls

England have not yet officially announced their FIFA World Cup 2026 squad but reports have revealed that Thomas Tuchel has taken several bold calls in his team. Read More

Why are Greenlanders protesting against the new US consulate in Nuuk?

The opening of a larger US consulate in Greenland’s capital Nuuk has resulted in protests and renewed concerns over President Donald Trump’s Arctic ambitions. Read More

After Iran, is Trump going to start a conflict with Cuba?

He’s in the midst of one war, but it appears that Donald Trump is mulling a new conflict. After the US indicted former Cuban President Raúl Castro, the US leader has raised the spectre of military intervention, saying he would be ‘happy to do it’. Read More

Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin Donates $500,000 To California Group Fighting Against ‘Overpaid CEO Tax’

Campaign finance filings show Brin made the donation to the political committee titled “Yes on C, No on D to protect San Francisco’s small businesses and economic recovery. Read More

GK: Which Was India’s First Semi-High-Speed Train That Completed 10 Years This Year?

India’s first semi-high-speed train completed 10 years in April 2026. Here’s everything to know about its route, top speed, and features. Read More

‘$500 billion in bilateral trade by 2030’: US envoy Sergio Gor hints at trade pact with India

Sergio Gor (Image credit :ANI) Speaking at an event hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce, the envoy said the agreement would help strengthen supply chains, encourage fresh investments and support sustained inclusive growth. Read More

Haryana Tourists Stripped, Assaulted By Mob In Rishikesh Over Allegedly Harassing Minor Girl | Video

As per the video, one of the accused can be seen running around naked, trying to save himself from the assault. Read More

Vijay’s Cabinet Expansion: Two MLAs From TVK Allies IUML, VCK Take Oath As Ministers

Tamil Nadu CM C Joseph Vijay expands cabinet to 34, inducts VCK and IUML leaders, raises Dalit ministers to eight. Read More

Related Articles